mega thread Why did you choose your avatar/profile pic?

~Rule 63~ Lyeco

1. I am a massive Beach Boys fan. The picture is of Brian Wilson, a member of said group.

2. It's obscure enough so that it confuses pretty much everyone.

• Brohoof 1

Y'know, I've been on this site for almost ten years and I've never had a proper signature. Ain't that something?

My previous avatar is similar to this one: basically it was Lyra from the YouTube video "Scrunch-Off" when she is scrunching to Bon Bon.

...I liked her face in the video so it became my avatar (if I like its face, it's my avatar!). My avatar is what happens to Lyra after Bon Bon has had enough. I also like Lyra's expression in this pic.

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

Sig by Wolf, Handwriting by SparklingSwirls

photo-8039.png?_r=1384852254

I've been changing my username ridiculously often lately, at least for me. This time I'm going with one of my favorite characters from the Dangan Ronpa games again. Kirigiri and I don't really have a whole lot in common on the surface. She's quite a bit smarter than I am, and deals with pressure a lot better, but underneath a very cold exterior lies a very good heart and somebody who cares a lot more than they'd let on a lot of the time. I'd like to think that's at least one thing that we're alike in. I can seem pretty detached a lot of the time, but I hope that some people would still know that they're important to me.

Now for as to why I used this specific picture, generally Kirigiri looks a lot less welcoming and much more intimidating, and this extends to fanart as well. Here though, little Kyouko is just downright adorable and I thought that was a welcome change :wub:

• Brohoof 2

Here's a brief history of Aquila's avatars. The ones that lasted for more than a day, at least.

October 2012:

img-2019905-1-twilight_sparkle_avatar_08

Back when I first joined in 2012, I didn't think I'd go too far beyond lurking (or even staying for more than a few weeks), so I searched for "Twilight Sparkle avatar." It took me to Bronyland, where I picked from a bunch of generic low-res screencaps. One of them was a 100x100 image of Twilight from "Luna Eclipsed," from a scene in which Twilight plans to lecture Luna. 

February 2013:

img-2019905-2-twiliy_by_crenair-d5trz4b.

(Not the original avatar)

After becoming far more active than I originally intended, I eventually switched to a picture of Princess Twilight. It's no secret that I've always been against Twilicorn (despite taking on the name at one point), but I guess I was trying to warm up to her. It didn't work as much as I would've liked, but Twilight was still my top pony at this point. 

April 2013:

img-2019905-3-twilight_loveface_by_mixer

(Not the original avatar)

My next avatar was (surprise, surprise) another Twilight image. I originally found this one through a 4chan thread. After finding its source, I decided to make an avatar out of it. I've probably held on to this one the longest.

October 2013:

To commemorate my anniversary, I returned to my original avatar for a few minutes. I then replaced it with a larger, more hi-res version. And here we are today.

Edited by Aquila
Minor fixes
  • Brohoof 1

I chose my avatar simply because I wanted a good picture with Vinyl Scratch that wasn't used by anyone before and at the same time isn't just another generic vector. It took me a lot effort to find it, but I think it was worth it :) Also Vinyl Scratch is one of my favourite ponies :)

• Brohoof 1

toovibrant-2.png

As one person I cannot change the world, but I can change the world of one person.

Art, profile picture and signature by one and only Silky <3

jeric_signaturMokeUP.jpg

why well i recently fell in love with my childhood favourite game wind waker when they released the hd remake and why not toon link is best link

but im leaning on making a new avatar and sig for my new love of    the melancholy of haruhi suzumiya. anime

Edited by a jewel of rarity
  • Brohoof 1

Do you like butts, Because I do

FlNugb7.png

My Forum: http://community.cloudsdalegathering.com/

For me it was because it best represented my sweet, cute innocent side that has been brought out of me since I came to this forum. I love this side of my personality the most, and tend to think of me as, well even though im not a teen filly anymore and im a full blown mare, I can still feel cute and innocent like a filly lol

• Brohoof 1

I'm just a silly little alicorn, trying to get by in the fandom ^^

sig-19227.SignatureAlicorn2_zpsb868001e.png

The Lightning Bliss Show

Lightning Bliss DevianArt

I picked my avatar and username based on my tumblr for a few reasons;

-I wanted to have it something pony-related.

-I didn't want it to be just another Rainbow Dash avatar, but something original that I made myself.

-Interested in finding and befriending Bronies/Pegasisters who are also Whovians.

I have an avatar of Rainbow Dash, simply because I LOVE HER, and if I'm going to represent myself on here, people need to know that she's my favourite character! :) (and that she's awesome <3)

• Brohoof 1

British Pegasister, aspiring writer, and dedicated Rainbow Dash fan.

Creativity is life. ♥

Cause this game is awesome!!

biggrin.png

Pitfall%20The%20Lost%20Expedition%20COVE

• Brohoof 1

Dolemite2.gif.1f535b74ff05826ca7dd78c9e5ec1078.gif                                                                              

post-16621-0-62112700-1384978500_thumb.jpg

I pick this pic because is a very beautiful pic of a Pony I love a great deal, and it shows a more loving and.. sexy side of Princess Celestia smile.png  and that smile just mmmmm

Edited by Princess CelestiaShy
  • Brohoof 1

MLPthing_zpsb5238576.gif

"Does not matter what they say, my sweet love! I love you! and always will." 

~Princess Luna

I have been getting into Command and Conquer again after taking a break from it. I have been playing as Zocom for a while that I decided to use their faction emblem as my icon. It looks very cool and the color is is a nice blue. Also, eagle holding two lightning bolts in its talons.

sig-16231.sig-16231.sig-16231.sig-16231.8I83u3P.png

IF is best girl.

Because she looks like she's ready to smash some skulls xD She just looks like a freaking badass 

img-2017085-1-31a3b5cf3b2500b3c17d8a86ec

May Celestia bless the artist behind this painting. ohmy.png

• Brohoof 1