Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Nightmare Moon and Season 4 [Spoilers]

Wardaddy

Maybe I'm trying to add fuel to the fire:

What if Cadence was in on this too? Twilight broke the walls down and easily freed her. Cadence was in the castle for years, as demonstrated by Twilight herself. How wouldn't she know about the caves, something she would excel at? (She _is_ the crystal Princess. She knows all about these Crystal structures and sort.) Maybe they were in on it, to be Princesses of Equestria, both taking credit and love they earned. 

Where was Luna at the wedding in general? This is a Princess wedding, everypony was there. Why wasn't a princess, none-the-less one towards her own "niece", be accounted for? There wasn't a reason for her to /be/ sleeping. She wasn't for the other times, why now?  Well, it makes sense if she was evil.

*She wasn't well liked at her own holiday, she was feared. Perhaps she was upset over this disloyalty? 

*She wasn't shown anywhere else before Luna Eclipsed OR the end of the Season 2. 

*She was barely shown anywhere else either. Even in Season 3, she was mostly gone, only having a minor part in a few things like Sleepless in Ponyville and Equestria Girls. Minus Sleepless in Ponyville, she never spoke. 

*When she did appear, she seemed mad at Twilight, distrustful even. <---- Key aspect. 

Maybe she was jealous of Celestia AND Twilight?

If Luna truly wasn't Chyrsalis, she never would have needed to head to Canterlot because even if she wasn't Luna, what would she accomplish alone? She never thought she was stronger then Celestia! Plus, why would she expose herself already if she wanted to siege Canterlot?

Luna wouldn't need to take over Canterlot to begin with. She made it so that they knew of the Changelings earlier (under a different threat)  and then, with controlling the fiance, she could easily render the shield useless, but she didn't want to so she could show off the Children and see what Celestia would have done. When the shield breaks and hell rules lose, she didn't need to continue much after that. She needed to see what she was contending with. "Losing" was her actual plan. Knowing that Cadence was on her side AND knowingly figured out what she contended with from Celestia, all she would have to do is figure out her strategy against Twilight. That's where this comes in:

The book Luna carries.

Luna tricked Celestia into making the book her challenge to really test Twilight's abilities. It worked like it was planned. 

It all points down to Luna. It makes much more sense.

Chrysalis needs to feed her army, but Canterlot doesn't seem all that accepting. You wouldn't find much there then Ponyville, a place where you could live simply of residue of love!

So you're saying that Luna's plan was to lose, like I said, and also all she needed to do was to scope out exactly what Celestia would bring to the table against her, like I said?  It's amazing, almost alarming, how much this all makes sense. By the way, in which episode did Luna glare at Twilight angrily? Because I want to study it, and see if you're correct, because if so, then I would've been right as well, Luna was jealous of Twilight, because she accomplished far more than she ever did, having been banished to the moon for 1000 years.

Now, this book you mentioned that Luna was carrying around. This is apparently the start of Luna's recon on Twilight. Dude, forget talking to me for a minute. I strongly suggest you take a look at this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qun-ecQVuh0

Start from 4:08 and then skip to 5:22. Look closely, and then come back to me. Notice something strange?

Now, this book you mentioned that Luna was carrying around. This is apparently the start of Luna's recon on Twilight. Dude, forget talking to me for a minute. I strongly suggest you take a look at this link https://www.youtube....h?v=qun-ecQVuh0 Start from 4:08 and then skip to 5:22. Look closely, and then come back to me. Notice something strange?

Er, I hate to be controversial, but the only thing I noticed was Luna smashing a bridge, becoming NMM, and Twilight gaping at her.

Edited by Dark Horn

Er, I hate to be controversial, but the only thing I noticed was Luna smashing a bridge, becoming NMM, and Twilight gaping at her.

*double facehoof* No, don't look at the goddamn scene. Before it started, and when it ended, Twilight's cutie mark flashed on screen, with the very same six stars that we saw in Magical Mystery Cure. Animation error? I think not!

• Brohoof 1

So you're saying that Luna's plan was to lose, like I said, and also all she needed to do was to scope out exactly what Celestia would bring to the table against her, like I said?  It's amazing, almost alarming, how much this all makes sense. By the way, in which episode did Luna glare at Twilight angrily? Because I want to study it, and see if you're correct, because if so, then I would've been right as well, Luna was jealous of Twilight, because she accomplished far more than she ever did, having been banished to the moon for 1000 years.

Now, this book you mentioned that Luna was carrying around. This is apparently the start of Luna's recon on Twilight. Dude, forget talking to me for a minute. I strongly suggest you take a look at this link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qun-ecQVuh0

Start from 4:08 and then skip to 5:22. Look closely, and then come back to me. Notice something strange?

In the first episode of Season 3, she looked at Twilight really hard.(After Celestia explained everything. ) It looked awfully weird for a Princess to be staring down at her like such. (Though, when she earned the wings, it wouldn't look proper if she did)

I had thought of the video in two different ways:

1: Luna was doing this in the flashback ("Precious Light")

2. Maybe Luna did know this was happening, but never expected NNM again? She seemed really strange.

I think that scene was a flashback sadly. Unless you don't count Cadence, then it MUST be a flashback. 

"There could only be ONE princess"

Unless she took out BOTH Celestia and Cadence, then it wouldn't make sense. Though, it would also mean, she probably did seeing this was probably for later.

Or maybe by Precious Light, it really means dethroning Celestia? Or perhaps, by Precious Light, it would mean something a lot more then Sun light? Like Recognition? Or power? She's the ponies' princess. She has everything Luna doesn't. Seems legit that it might refer to something more then "sun".

Edited by Scootadress

*double facehoof* No, don't look at the goddamn scene. Before it started, and when it ended, Twilight's cutie mark flashed on screen, with the very same six stars that we saw in Magical Mystery Cure. Animation error? I think not!

Right, I understand. Please forgive me for being dull and thick and making you spell things out for me, but... an addition of a star would mean an addition of a character? That doesn't make any sense. What are you getting at? blink.png

Edited by Dark Horn

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SuaUI76rSH0# start at 2:15-5:30 this might not be it but she glares at twilight twice in this seen. Lol every time i see princess Luna I am completely watching her to catch anything even remotely evil. I am completely suspicious and its messing with me badly!!!!

Start at 2:15-5:30 she glares at twilight twice in this episode. I don't know if its a sign of evil, jealousy, or she doesn't believe she's ready for this kind of challenge i don't no. Lol every one i see Luna I am completely watching her every move to spot anything suspicious its messing with me!!!!!

Edited by ItsRay24

In the first episode of Season 3, she looked at Twilight really hard.(After Celestia explained everything. ) It looked awfully weird for a Princess to be staring down at her like such. (Though, when she earned the wings, it wouldn't look proper if she did)

I had thought of the video in two different ways:

1: Luna was doing this in the flashback ("Precious Light")

2. Maybe Luna did know this was happening, but never expected NNM again? She seemed really strange.

I think that scene was a flashback sadly. Unless you don't count Cadence, then it MUST be a flashback. 

"There could only be ONE princess"

Unless she took out BOTH Celestia and Cadence, then it wouldn't make sense. Though, it would also mean, she probably did seeing this was probably for later.

Or maybe by Precious Light, it really means dethroning Celestia? Or perhaps, by Precious Light, it would mean something a lot more then Sun light? Like Recognition? Or power? She's the ponies' princess. She has everything Luna doesn't. Seems legit that it might refer to something more then "sun".

Exactly! That's what I was thinking, that there must be something more to the word "precious light" other than Celestia. Luna must be turning back into Nightmare Moon, all we've got to figure out is, firstly, if this is indeed a flashback, or Nightmare Moon's actual return.  And if she is returning, we've got to figure out why. Same goes for the flashback scenario, we've got to figure out the reason why Twi is being shown this flashback, and in Celestia's hooves, no less.

Right, I understand. Please forgive me for being dull and thick and making you spell things out for me, but... an addition of a star would mean an addition of a character? That doesn't make any sense. What are you getting at? blink.png

I'm saying that if the same cutie mark that appeared in MMC appeared in this sneak peek, then it's clearly no animation error. I'm not suggesting that the Nightmare Moon recurrence and the cutie mark are linked, but what if they are? What if they are indeed linked?

@,

It seems completely unrelated, hey, maybe they just reused the broken cutie mark from MMC. But, supposing you're correct and I'm just skeptical, how would they be linked? huh.png

As frank as I am to say it, I'm not sure. All I know is that all that we've got here (the cutie mark, evil luna, Nightmare moon returning/flashback) is building up into something that completely defies the boundaries of the term "kids show" and also "for little girls"

Exactly! That's what I was thinking, that there must be something more to the word "precious light" other than Celestia. Luna must be turning back into Nightmare Moon, all we've got to figure out is, firstly, if this is indeed a flashback, or Nightmare Moon's actual return.  And if she is returning, we've got to figure out why. Same goes for the flashback scenario, we've got to figure out the reason why Twi is being shown this flashback, and in Celestia's hooves, no less.

I'm saying that if the same cutie mark that appeared in MMC appeared in this sneak peek, then it's clearly no animation error. I'm not suggesting that the Nightmare Moon recurrence and the cutie mark are linked, but what if they are? What if they are indeed linked?

Precious light could refer to Twilight being recognized in general. Her "light" is the glory she's taking. ("limelight?" ) If this is the right track of thinking, she's referring to Twilight's acceptance as the Ponies' Princess. Now, lets think about that. If this is true, there' not reason to explain why Luna's other form is back at all.

Celestia was planning to continue on, but give her duties to Twilight, like Lauren Faust had originally planned it as. Now, lets get this straight:

If Celestia were to do this, Twilight would have the throne, not Luna who was also the princess. Its not too far off to suggest that Luna's trying to stop that so she can have the throne thinking Twilight's another Celestia.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SuaUI76rSH0# start at 2:15-5:30 this might not be it but she glares at twilight twice in this seen. Lol every time i see princess Luna I am completely watching her to catch anything even remotely evil. I am completely suspicious and its messing with me badly!!!!

Start at 2:15-5:30 she glares at twilight twice in this episode. I don't know if its a sign of evil, jealousy, or she doesn't believe she's ready for this kind of challenge i don't no. Lol every one i see Luna I am completely watching her every move to spot anything suspicious its messing with me!!!!!

It looks more like a stare of concern, but I won't call it quits there. Keep looking for signs Ray, this kind of topic demands vigilance!

As frank as I am to say it, I'm not sure. All I know is that all that we've got here (the cutie mark, evil luna, Nightmare moon returning/flashback) is building up into something that completely defies the boundaries of the term "kids show" and also "for little girls"

I know, I know, I know! I'm so excited! If Luna turns out to be Chrysalis, haters are going to weep and wish their shows were as freaking awesome. laugh.png

Edited by Dark Horn
  • Brohoof 2

@,

It seems completely unrelated, hey, maybe they just reused the broken cutie mark from MMC. But, supposing you're correct and I'm just skeptical, how would they be linked? huh.png

It would signify that it wasn't a flashback like many would suggest it to be, but rather, a coming to pass type thing. Last time her mark flashed like that was in MMC, and then, she had her wings.

Twilight states something about where did they go or something when she appears in it. Its weird that she states that. Maybe it has that connection? Maybe that was her true test all along that Celestia never planned?

It would signify that it wasn't a flashback like many would suggest it to be, but rather, a coming to pass type thing. Last time her mark flashed like that was in MMC, and then, she had her wings.

Twilight states something about where did they go or something when she appears in it. Its weird that she states that. Maybe it has that connection? Maybe that was her true test all along that Celestia never planned?

Hang on, what if this "flashback" is connected to the book that Luna gave Twilight! Either Luna cursed the book to trap Twilight in the past, or Twilight got curious, read out a spell and then something went wrong? I think I have something guys!

Ok I have noticed something and now come to a conclusion that Luna was the fake cadence! Watch the fake cadence eyes or her expressions towards everything it looks like Luna! Watch Canterlot wedding part 1 then Watch Luna eclipsed. I hope one of you ponies can see this or I'm just going crazy like pinkie pie in "party of one". I am so positive about Luna now she is plotting something that has to be it!!!!

• Brohoof 2

Ok I have noticed something and now come to a conclusion that Luna was the fake cadence! Watch the fake cadence eyes or her expressions towards everything it looks like Luna! Watch Canterlot wedding part 1 then Watch Luna eclipsed. I hope one of you ponies can see this or I'm just going crazy like pinkie pie in "party of one". I am so positive about Luna now she is plotting something that has to be it!!!!

The fake Cadance you are referring to is named Chrysalis, if you didn't know. This is what we've been talking about, and I hope you're right! laugh.png

Hang on, what if this "flashback" is connected to the book that Luna gave Twilight! Either Luna cursed the book to trap Twilight in the past, or Twilight got curious, read out a spell and then something went wrong? I think I have something guys!

Or perhaps Twilight led herself there after an 'accident' between Celestia and Luna?? The spell might have activated it, seeing that the book was Starswirl, but I'm not sure.

Maybe it interfered with the stars? The stars will guide her escape...

THAT'S IT!

Luna might have brought her a spell later on that might have activated, bringing forth the stars, trapping Celestia or breaking the grasp they held on Luna? They mentioned something about stars over the course of the series. 

You said light, earlier? Twilight's cutiemark resembles light and stars. Maybe she was meant to stop Luna and be head of the nation?

I know lol I pointed that out and linked it that Luna was the changeling queen I'm just showing pointing out the expression and that Luna and the fake cadence/changeling queen are one of the same

Or perhaps Twilight led herself there after an 'accident' between Celestia and Luna?? The spell might have activated it, seeing that the book was Starswirl, but I'm not sure.

Maybe it interfered with the stars? The stars will guide her escape...

THAT'S IT!

Luna might have brought her a spell later on that might have activated, bringing forth the stars, trapping Celestia or breaking the grasp they held on Luna? They mentioned something about stars over the course of the series. 

You said light, earlier? Twilight's cutiemark resembles light and stars. Maybe she was meant to stop Luna and be head of the nation?

Just as Lauren Faust intended.........incredible, simply incredible. Gentlemen (and ladies, if any), I think we have a conclusion. Luna wants to stop Twilight from ascending to the throne after Celestia steps down, not wanting to experience another 1000 year banishment, nor another painfully long wait until she attains the rule of Equestria. Besides, Cadance is too occupied with the Crystal Empire to be involved in such affairs, that's something we forgot, which brings us to this conclusion. Twilight must stop Luna and ascend to her rightful place on the throne as the future leader of Equestria. And to top it all off, it all, makes, sense.

But then, what of the Chrysalis side of Luna?

Edited by Firebolt Blitz

Just as Lauren Faust intended.........incredible, simply incredible. Gentlemen (and ladies, if any), I think we have a conclusion. Luna wants to stop Twilight from ascending to the throne after Celestia steps down, not wanting to experience another 1000 year banishment, nor another painfully long wait until she attains the rule of Equestria. Besides, Cadance is too occupied with the Crystal Empire to be involved in such affairs, that's something we forgot, which brings us to this conclusion. Twilight must stop Luna and ascend to her rightful place on the throne as the future leader of Equestria. And to top it all off, it all, makes, sense.

But then, what of the Chrysalis side of Luna?

Chrysalis was a distraction, Luna's other form being used as a side track to get the ponies from paying attention to her. Changelings are what the government would be concerned with. If she uses this and continually "updates" these events to make it appear that they are still a threat, then it would make perfect sense! Plus, if this all backfires, she could resort back to her at any given time.

Chrysalis was a distraction, Luna's other form being used as a side track to get the ponies from paying attention to her. Changelings are what the government would be concerned with. If she uses this and continually "updates" these events to make it appear that they are still a threat, then it would make perfect sense! Plus, if this all backfires, she could resort back to her at any given time.

Eeyup, so it all works out then! Luna's an evil mastermind who's goal is to claim the throne of Equestria, and then what? Shroud it in eternal night as Nightmare Moon planned? Feed on all the love as Chrysalis wanted? Or terrorise the populace like Sombra? The one thing we don't have yet, is Luna's intentions to claim the throne. Any guesses?

Eeyup, so it all works out then! Luna's an evil mastermind who's goal is to claim the throne of Equestria, and then what? Shroud it in eternal night as Nightmare Moon planned? Feed on all the love as Chrysalis wanted? Or terrorise the populace like Sombra? The one thing we don't have yet, is Luna's intentions to claim the throne. Any guesses?

I think she wants to gain the throne to have something that Celestia had:The ponies under her iron hoof.

I'm guessing it would be the same as she wanted it before with a slight chance of what Sombra had done. She wouldn't fall with Sombra with everything, but slavery? Might happen. She wants the ponies to be in her night. Shroud it in almost eternal night. She can't shroud it always, however. I would assume she would make it almost like how Alaska is set by:Mostly night and very short days.  I imagine it more like how Communists rule and force the LIKE on them!

I think she wants to gain the throne to have something that Celestia had:The ponies under her iron hoof.

I'm guessing it would be the same as she wanted it before with a slight chance of what Sombra had done. She wouldn't fall with Sombra with everything, but slavery? Might happen. She wants the ponies to be in her night. Shroud it in almost eternal night. She can't shroud it always, however. I would assume she would make it almost like how Alaska is set by:Mostly night and very short days.  I imagine it more like how Communists rule and force the LIKE on them!

So Luna's a commie?! 

mlp_communism_is_sexy_by_dashie4presiden

LOL, JK

But seriously, I suppose that's to be expected of Luna. Not so much like Sombra, but she does want to rule Equestria with an iron hoof. Make the ponies appreciate what they failed to originally; Luna's night. And if they didn't: TO THE MOON

So Luna's a commie?! 

mlp_communism_is_sexy_by_dashie4presiden

LOL, JK

But seriously, I suppose that's to be expected of Luna. Not so much like Sombra, but she does want to rule Equestria with an iron hoof. Make the ponies appreciate what they failed to originally; Luna's night. And if they didn't: TO THE MOON

Or perhaps, make them all view what that pony had done to public shame them to brainwash?  Luna was shamed like that, shown directly on the moon. Maybe she would do something similar suit.

Or perhaps, make them all view what that pony had done to public shame them to brainwash?  Luna was shamed like that, shown directly on the moon. Maybe she would do something similar suit.

And so we have a motive. Luna intends to, firstly, shove Twilight out of the picture, before taking over Equestria, and ruling it with an iron hoof, punishing those who did not appreciate her night like they appreciated Celestia's day. And therefore, to keep the balance between day and night, Twilight must once again become the Destroyer of Nightmares in order to save Equestria, and take her rightful place as the new ruler. Once again, it all, makes, sense.

• Brohoof 1