Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Discord terribly made?

Slice0Pie

Have you ever thought in your head if Discord was porly made? I honestly got confused when he turned from bad to good. So, what do you think, is he a good character, or a porly thought one?

• Brohoof 1

Discord is definitely a good character, in my book. Since, Discord defines everything that chaos is all about and he loves to spread it wherever he goes to have fun with it. People need to get over it, since he is still a good character whether he was evil or good.

• Brohoof 1

Not really, I think he's a great character. Conflicting the Elements of Harmony with the ruler of Chaos, doesn't that sound like a good combo?

Discord's change wasn't forced. Fluttershy made him feel wanted and appreciated at her home, not to mention she was always the one to back him up. When Fluttershy said they were no longer friends, Discord felt sort of depressed from the thought of losing his only friend. I think Discord was more of a lighthearted evil creature; one who likes to pull pranks and cause chaos for the fun of it, not so much because he wants to torment ponies (I mean, Pinkie Pie loved that chocolate rain!).

Edited by Wingin'Wolf
  • Brohoof 1

I enjoy Discord's design, if I were to be honest. And I'm still waiting for people to stop whining around about how he's "ruined" for being turned good. He's still the same Discord we all came to love. 

Even when he promised to use his powers for good, he said, "Most of the time." So, I'm sure we will see some more fun from good ol' Discord.

Absolutely not. He's a great character and the best villain in MLP:FiM, nothing compared to Nightmare, Chrysalis or Sombra. Just because he's been reformed by Fluttershy doesn't mean anything, he's still the same draconequus we know.

There seems to be a significant misunderstanding here. While in the sense of an antagonist or villain, yes Discord can be considered "bad" or as some would say "evil." At face value though, Discord isn't a true villain at least not now, maybe in the past insofar as he's been an antagonist, first and foremost to Equestria, and to Celestia and the Mane 6. As far as The Return of Harmony series is concerned, Discord never tried to deliberately harm anyone, have any truly wicked intents, nor try to kill anyone, unlike Chrysalis and King Sombra among other villains. He views everything as a prank and joke so even his most malicious torment should be interpreted as him viewing them as harmless pranks. So far with all his powers he has yet to do anything purely with intent to harm, which even Trixie has done.

But if one were to dissect the nature of Discord's character further and what he represents, he's neither good nor bad at all. He represents discord and chaos, and like most if not all forces can be viewed as a neutral force. It actually makes a lot of sense in the MLP:FiM world. If the Elements of Harmony represent well, Harmony, then Discord represents chaos and discord, which diametrically opposes and balances out the other. Discord serves the function to help destroy, imbalance and create entropy a process necessary in any environment to bring about change and ultimately rebirth and renewal.

When Discord was "converted" by Fluttershy to serve on behalf of Celestia and Equestria, its not necessarily that he became good. Its moreso that he became an ally and utilized as a tool to help serve Equestria rather than oppose it. Fact of the matter is all of the Elements of Harmony can be perverted and misused. Rarity's transformation in the comics proved just as much.

• Brohoof 2

I don't think one episode is enough to justify if a character is poorly made or not. Discord is a good character, and one of the more interesting villains in the show. The only reason Discord may seem poorly made is because he just suddenly turned good, but Fluttershy kept reminding him that he has never had a friend when he first mentioned it. 

I'll just list a few thoughts here.

• Good design
  • Best villain
  • Hilarious personality
  • Now a resident of Equestria
  • Spirit of Chaos

Conclusion: OP is cray-cray.

Bad is not equal to chaos (in which Discord is), reformed is not equal to good and a redemption does not make or break a character, unless you let it, in which case it's my opinion such people are silly :P

Discord's character design, personality, role and powers are all amazing. He, in of himself, is terrifically made.

• Brohoof 3

Have you ever thought in your head if Discord was porly made? I honestly got confused when he turned from bad to good. So, what do you think, is he a good character, or a porly thought one?

He was not poorly made :angry: . Discord is the most awesome character in the entire show :okiedokielokie: . Why do you think his reformation is a bad thing :( ? I'm running out of angry faces :lol: . But in all seriousness, I think discord is awesome. Although being reformed usually makes a villain lose their cool, it was done so well in MLP. Still, I could never dislike Discord, no matter what happened to him :P.

He was not poorly made :angry: . Discord is the most awesome character in the entire show :okiedokielokie: . Why do you think his reformation is a bad thing :( ? I'm running out of angry faces :lol: . But in all seriousness, I think discord is awesome. Although being reformed usually makes a villain lose their cool, it was done so well in MLP. Still, I could never dislike Discord, no matter what happened to him :P.

I wasn't saying he was porly made! :( I was seeing if anyone had an opinion if he was porly made! ~Feels misunderstood~ He's my favorite character :blush:

Absolutely not. He's a great character and the best villain in MLP:FiM, nothing compared to Nightmare, Chrysalis or Sombra. Just because he's been reformed by Fluttershy doesn't mean anything, he's still the same draconequus we know.

Guaah I made everyone misunderstand me :( Hes my favorite char, I was just seeing if anyone had opinions on him. I just got confused when he changed, but I like him even more now :blush:

Discord was reformed a bit sooner than I would have liked but no I don't feel he was poorly made at all, he is chaos which is neither nor evil if you think about it. But his actions were evil because he didn't consider the consequences of his actions, now that he is reformed it does present some interesting opportunities for how chaos may be used for good or at least not evil. Discord may be reformed but he is far from a goody two shoes and is still not beyond the occasional trolling or prank.

• Brohoof 1

I wasn't saying he was porly made! :( I was seeing if anyone had an opinion if he was porly made! ~Feels misunderstood~ He's my favorite character :blush:

Guaah I made everyone misunderstand me :( Hes my favorite char, I was just seeing if anyone had opinions on him. I just got confused when he changed, but I like him even more now :blush:

Ah, then I apologize  :blush: . Glad you agree! Still suspicious tho... :okiedokielokie: . Nah, just wanted to use that face  :lol: . Glad we agree, Discord is by far best character!