Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

BronyCAN 2013 experiences, pictures & discussion

Lost Profile

So bronycan ends today... Post your pictures, share what you thought of the con, and also... Talk about it.

And don't forget to bow to the all mighty god... Feld0 XD

Here is the link to my BronyCAN vlog!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMZ85wbO98ENjulvTMWQJZvzO31i1t4ZY

watch @Feld0 table flip! jump to 14:14

post-7977-0-15531000-1377750595_thumb.jpgpost-7977-0-05409900-1377750657_thumb.jpgpost-7977-0-87731400-1377750675_thumb.jpg
im not much of a photo taker... im more of a video taker... but hers the swag i got at BronyCAN
I thought that the first day of the con was awesome! The best part was that the registration lines where short and quick, longest wait was probably 30min. I didn't attend much of the panels, but the ones I went to where awesome. The vendors hall was... Smaller than I expected and didn't sell much stuff that I found interesting.
In comparison to Bronycon... I'd say that bronycan had I different kind of hype. There where no PFUDOR herds, no CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY, SWAG, and there where bairly any random burst outs of FUN. FUN. FUN... But bronycan definitely had a different hype, and I still had fun!

Edited by Doppelrac
  • Brohoof 10

Wish I could have gone, but I'm grateful I was able to go to BronyCon. Maybe I can hit both next year. Who knows, I may even go in an official capacity since Poniverse is now working with them to an extent, but I think I'd just like to go and soak up the atmosphere. Chill out and talk to everyone and just enjoy being back in Canada.

Glad you had a good time. I'm looking forward to hearing all about everyone's experiences and seeing some pictures. I'll also go ahead and pin this thread.

• Brohoof 2

Like @Artemis, I too wish I could have gone.  But two back to back pony conventions in one summer would've been too much for me physically and financially.  Yet, as some of you know, I enjoy visiting Canada and I truly hope to attend a future BronyCAN. 

I'm looking forward to see everyone's feedback on this gathering.  :)

I'd say that bronycan had I different kind of hype. There where no PFUDOR herds, no CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY, SWAG, and there where bairly any random burst outs of FUN. FUN. FUN... But bronycan definitely had a different hype, and I still had fun!

For me that was one of the awsome things about Bronycon.  Sadly however I didn't have the chance to go to BronyCan.  I am glad it was a FUN time for those that did.  

Best part of being a brony is the comunity and there is nothing better then being around thousands of friendly bronys in person.  Just wish there was an easyer way to meet Bronys from my area that I could hang out with.   But for now I have the forms :) .

• Brohoof 2

I'll break the bandwagon by saying, I don't particularly 'wish' I could have gone, as my fill of convention was more than taken care of at BronyCon. BronyCAN was so soon after that, I was more or less set on returning home for a while. That said, I hope everyone has enjoyed themselves at MooseCon, and I look forward to seeing people's pictures and other things :3

I heard Turnabout Storm had a panel there, anyone know what happened there? Did they show anything? Please respond because THAT'S THE ONE I WANNA KNOW MOST ABOUT DANG IT!

Godot_Desk_Slam_with_Mug.gif

I am quite interested in seeing people's photos and video of the con, from what I hear it was really fun!

I have never been to a con before, but I plan on going to this one year. ^^ 

The con was great! Thanks again BronyCAN staff! :D

This was my first con ever btw.

I heard Turnabout Storm had a panel there, anyone know what happened there? Did they show anything? Please respond because THAT'S THE ONE I WANNA KNOW MOST ABOUT DANG IT!

I was there, I saw it. At the end there was a 20 min preview of the next part. Also there was a bit of a show off of the WIP game around the series beforehand, which is currently flying low under the radar. Edited by Xiron

In comparison to Bronycon... I'd say that bronycan had I different kind of hype. There where no PFUDOR herds, no CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY, SWAG, and there where bairly any random burst outs of FUN. FUN. FUN... But bronycan definitely had a different hype, and I still had fun!

You didn't hear any "fun" crowds? I couldn't get away from them!

• Brohoof 1

You didn't hear any "fun" crowds? I couldn't get away from them!

i heard them... but it was rare compared to bronycon... every where you turn... the PFUDOR is just a step ahead!... at bronycan, you could just turn the corner to get away from it.

BronyCAN was my first brony convention that I have ever attended, and I must say that I will certainly not be forgetting it anytime soon. Rebecca Shoichet singing "Bro Canada" at the opening ceremonies. Lee Tocker  making the charity auction all the more interesting. All the wonderful goodies available in the vendors room. The awesome concert that the various community artists put on. The many laughs that were had at the voice actor Q&A. It was all a wonderful experience for me and just what I needed when it came to taking a vacation. 

I had one interesting experience that I would like to share. I managed to win the Apricity wool plushie at the charity auction, and the following day I was approached by the artist who made it. She was part of the staff and took me up to the penthouse suite, along with the plushie, so that she could fix it up a little.

It was quite the experience to be up there in the same place where the VIP party was held saturday night. The view around Richmond was breathtaking and they had all sorts of snacks left out for the special guests to enjoy. I guess you could say that by winning Apricity, I had also won some VIP access to the penthouse, which was quite an honor. One that I will not forget anytime soon.

I hope everyone who went to the convention had a wonderful experience and I hope to see you all there again next year.

• Brohoof 4

i had a blast hanging with Doppelrac and the guys from Equestria's refelction cant wait till next year...me and u need to plan to go to everfree and see if we can drag wolf and the gang dwn as well

• Brohoof 1

All in all it was aweeee-some, minus that I ended up losing 100lbs of water sweating to death. also managed to pick ip bed bug .. I look ridicules and spotted

heres some of my take

http://youtu.be/68WyfyfwZes?t=4m24s

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvxLkH84eps

entire reel more vidz added as they show up @ http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLhg6eWfP9WU3pxon91w01Anlu5JIetcdm&feature=mh_lolz