Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology What do you value most in your Dream Car?

~Rule 63~ Lyeco

I was just thinking about this while I was playing a racing game. I wonder what other people value most in a car? Well You will start giving Opinions

Choose between these values. You can choose more than one. Remember, we are talking about your dream car. Also tell us why to make use of the minimum 100 characters limit

Values

-Performance (Stats of the Car)

-Style (Looks of the car)

-Comfort (Difficulty of use)

-Economy (Pricing)

I tell you mine:

Well the value I want in my dream car is Performance.

Why? Because I wanted a powerful car. With very fast speeds and very accurate handling..etc . I wanted something that can be used on a race track. I don't like slow and sluggish cars. I actually like to race, because it is fun to beat someone. It's is always nice if car goes fast do a face of O_O.

Dream car:

post-16586-0-15862100-1377876919_thumb.jpg

Koenigsegg Agera R

• Brohoof 5

Plymouth Roadrunner 1969

img-1797066-1-dyn002_original_1200_753_p

-Performance: This car was built to make the quarter mile in 14 seconds and be cheap. And they did it, it costed 3000$ and could do 13.75 at the drag strip, stock.

-Style: I like the style of muscle cars, and this one is from far the ost beautiful.

-Comfort: A big boat, obviously. Hard to handle, but the space in the car is huge, so it's confortable. ;)

-Economy: Now that this car is rare, it can cost up to $80k with the 440 engine, and this one above around $25k. So it's pricey. And this car is hungry, there is 30 cents coming out of the muffler lol.

But this car is really worth it, it is a beauty.

Edit: Oh, I forgot what I value the most... I guess it's the design of the car, and the sound. :3 (Have you ever heard a Roadruner? It's beautiful.)

Edited by GhostPony750
  • Brohoof 2

What I´d look for in a perfect car?

Probably performance, but too practical use (nothing like a Koenigsegg or a Lamborghini, cars that are just fun-objects), and it should have a nice design and endurance.

My choice for a dream car would be a Mini Cooper S (JCW). It has lots of power, light weight, easy handling and you can drive around 4 people... next to the Mini there would probably be an Audi RS4 avant or the BMW M5 avant, useful cars, but a lot of power, too.

A car that I probably will be able to afford, on the otherhand would be this one:

bmw-540i-01.jpg

it´s a BMW 540 (E39), and I am in love with this car.

• Brohoof 1

That it's been approved by Jeremy Clarkson, James May, or Hammond. Top Gear forever! Gosh, I love that show. You all have to see it to understand cars.

:pokerface:

I never watched this show and I know more about cars than anyone I know. You need to be a car fan to understand cars, not watch a random tv show lol.

Anyway, is there any more car fans here? :P

:pokerface:

I never watched this show and I know more about cars than anyone I know. You need to be a car fan to understand cars, not watch a random tv show lol.

Anyway, is there any more car fans here? :P

Its a darn good show. I've learned so much. And have had so many laughs. You have to at least give it a go. I suggest you start season 13.

That it's been approved by Jeremy Clarkson, James May, or Hammond. Top Gear forever! Gosh, I love that show. You all have to see it to understand cars.

I actually played racing games since I was like 4. I played it on the ORIGINAL XBOX. The game wax called Project Gotham Racing by bizarre creations. Racing games I play now is Forza and Real Racing :) . I understand cars through gaming.

• Brohoof 1

I actually played racing games since I was like 4. I played it on the ORIGINAL XBOX. The game wax called Project Gotham Racing by bizarre creations. Racing games I play now is Forza and Real Racing :) . I understand cars through gaming.

Forza is such a good game isn't it? My friend has it. Even though we don't play much. I remember him in a Lamborghini Gallardo (Typical) and I chose the TMR Tuscan. I creamed him. He was so mad. I was so surprised. 

Its a darn good show. I've learned so much. And have had so many laughs. You have to at least give it a go. I suggest you start season 13.

I already tried some episodes, but I never really got into it. Not my style lol. Anyway, the only show I watch is MLP, and nothing else, except documentaries.

What about another car while I'm here?

Mustang Cobra II 1978

76_cobraHB_whtblu_w7_2.jpg

-Performance: This car was built for performance, so of course it's powerful.

-Style: It is beautiful, my second favorite mustang after the mach 1 1971. I mean look at dis O,O This car is a fastback, and the stock mustang fastback 1978 just horrible. But with the addition of a spoiler in the back, it's beautiful.

-Comfort: Who cares about confort when you have this? Anyway, it's a lightweght pony car, so it have a nice handling.

-Economy: Of course, this car is expensive, and take a lot of gaz.

Edited by GhostPony750
  • Brohoof 4

What do you think about the TVR Tuscan? It's older I know. But how does it fair against the Lamborghini Gallardo? I think it's faster.

You were able to beat him by luck. It's either Gallardo sucks at turning or maybe You didn't use assist and he does. There is always tricks to outsmart a Goliath with a David

• Brohoof 1

What do you think about the TVR Tuscan? It's older I know. But how does it fair against the Lamborghini Gallardo? I think it's faster.

The TVR Tuscan is a great design for its time, probably the most aerodynamic. It had the potential to be a great racecar. but the company "died" just few years later. (if you are talking about the newest model of course, 2000-2005) It is also a great performance car, but the top speed is quite short. but it can do the 0-60 in 4.8 seconds, which is not bad.

For the gallardo, this car is 4wd and can reach 310km/h, and do the 0-60 in 3.8 seconds, 1 second faster than the Tuscan.

So the gallardo is the winner here.

Also, Gran Turismo won't teach you about cars, the physics are unrealistic here, really.

Read about them in magazines instead or watch videos about the car. ;)

Edited by GhostPony750

The TVR Tuscan is a great design for its time, probably the most aerodynamic. It had the potential to be a great racecar. but the company "died" just few years later. (if you are talking about the newest model of course, 2000-2005) It is also a great performance car, but the top speed is quite short. but it can do the 0-60 in 4.8 seconds, which is not bad.

For the gallardo, this car is 4wd and can reach 310km/h, and do the 0-60 in 3.8 seconds, 1

second faster than the Tuscan.

So the gallardo is the winner here.

Then how do you think I won that race against my friend? Maybe it was just the course not in his favor. Or maybe it's my awesome driving skills!

Yes, a thread I like.

I have a lot of dream cars, I just can't choose between them the way I look at cars is too complicated. :P I admire it on a deeper level then most people, so I admire every little detail, every curve and I just manage to see the beauty in every car. Well, depending on if there was passion put into it. So if I may, I'll mention three cars, three beauties only believe me it's hard.

Lamborghini Aventador, I have been completely in love with it. I believe it's the sexiest car I have ever seen.. If I so much as get the chance to touch one, my life will be complete. What I value the most is obviously its looks.. In my opinion it's the definition of beauty. I just want that car so much it's not even healthy.. I love its performance, I don't need to tell you the numbers but 2.9 is the magic number. It has a 6,5L V12.. *drools* Producing 690 horsepower.. It's my dream to get the chance to be with that car even if it won't be longer then five minutes. I would give my life for it. I don't care about comfort to be honest, as long as it's beautiful I only care about it's style and performance. Economy doesn't matter on a car like a Lamborghini, it's expensive that's it.

Then another dream car is the BMW M6 2006, been my dream car since I was young. Like the Lamborghini, I just love it's exterior and the interior as well. I have been around them and even seen one that was turned on.. I have touched a few.. cargasm

I can't explain it's beauty, it's just so beautiful in my eyes. I value the style and the performance, 5.0L V10.. 500 hp and it's 4.1 s. Even though I love performance stats, they aren't really what I love about the car itself. I love the engine but I love the body even more.

img-1804170-2-Washauto06_bmw_m6_coupe.jp

Then it's the BMW M3 GTS... This was also one of those cars I just fell in love with. Mostly because of its style, their beautiful like all M3s. I have never touched one.. :/ Then again I'm talking about the GTS not the regular M3. Numbers are 4.2 s, it has a 4.4L V8. It's an awesome car.

img-1804170-3-2011-G-Power-BMW-M3-GTS-Sp

I value style the most but performance is essential. The style gives away that it is a performance vehicle. Of course it's great to then have that performance to back it up.

img-1797079-1-bmw-540i-01.jpg

it´s a BMW 540 (E39), and I am in love with this car.

You have a very good taste in cars.. I am also in love with the E39 style.. It's a good example of car that was done right.

Edited by Fluttershyfan94
  • Brohoof 2

What do I want in my dream car?

I WANT DEM BIG-ASS SPEAKERS SO I CAN PLAY DEEZ DOPE BEETZ AND WATCH DAT BOOTY BOUNCE

Naaaah, but seriously, I would most likely go for style. I don't know sh*t about cars, soooo... looks are the way to go! mlp-psmile.png

Performance and Style. Something bad ass and fast.

1970_ford_mustang_mach_1-pic-84867176796

If we're talking dream cars, other wise I'd like something that runs well and doesn't guzzle too much gas. Also something that keeps going and, going, and going...

Chad_MI_90ToyPU_4RR.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Performance and Style: A car that can go very fast without using too much gas and having to refill it too much on long family trips.

2014-corvette-c7r-race-car-rendered_5.jp

Pretty much a dream car to me.  Also that car that looks stylish and performs very well.

• Brohoof 1

"I'd like something that runs well and doesn't guzzle too much gas. Also something that keeps going and, going, and going..."

img-1807646-2-Chad_MI_90ToyPU_4RR.jpg

You should rather go for a diesel one, some diesel engines are indestructible. Especially the Toyota ones, very good diesel engines. Diesel engines have very low fuel consumption obviously, I guess you were thinking of a diesel one. In my country these trucks are known for their reliability. I would love to have one, they're fun little trucks.

img-1807646-1-1970_ford_mustang_mach_1-p

That's more like it, looks so good.. The U.S.A. doing what they do best.. Muscle cars.

Performance and Style: A car that can go very fast without using too much gas and having to refill it too much on long family trips.

2014-corvette-c7r-race-car-rendered_5.jp

Pretty much a dream car to me.  Also that car that looks stylish and performs very well.

Nice, I prefer the good old Chevrolet Corvette Z06 2000, for no particular reason. The chevrolet corvette Z06 was the first car I truly started dreaming about when I was younger. Before the Corvette it was the Impreza, I was just starting my car interest back then. I started my interest way too early, I started daydreaming a lot and have been thinking about cars constantly ever since. Basically what I'm saying is that I really like Corvettes.

• Brohoof 2

Already own my own:

169007_184178454936009_2504035_n.jpg179206_185333084820546_2790199_n.jpg

1988 Ford Ranger. Just gotta get it...running again. Love these little trucks; can carry a load or a couple of passengers, but also quite respectable fuel mileage. 

Edited by Abstract
  • Brohoof 1

Already own my own:

169007_184178454936009_2504035_n.jpg179206_185333084820546_2790199_n.jpg

1988 Ford Ranger. Just gotta get it...running again. Love these little trucks; can carry a load or a couple of passengers, but also quite respectable fuel mileage. 

That's a nice looking truck, little truck. It looks like you have taken good care of it, no visible rust or anything and that chrome. If it wasn't for the hood, it seems to be a little damaged the paint. Otherwise I would think it was brand new. Hope you take good care of it, hate seeing cars that could be beautiful rusting away, which sadly is very common in my country. I can't explain how much it hurts me, to see rust on a car. I just want to restore it so badly.. But I can't.. That's the worst part, the cruelty I have seen towards cars.. It sure changed my view on many people. I wish you the best of luck getting it running again. :)

thats all nice what you wanna value your dream car on I'm gonna add my own value i guess, saftey first, guess that can go into preformance and comfort, if i dont feel safe a car i wont drive it(I'm looking at you chevy aveo) I dont care if the car would be the car of my dreams if it aint safe i aint driving

thats all nice what you wanna value your dream car on I'm gonna add my own value i guess, saftey first, guess that can go into preformance and comfort, if i dont feel safe a car i wont drive it(I'm looking at you chevy aveo) I dont care if the car would be the car of my dreams if it aint safe i aint driving

Pretty much every car nowadays is safe one way or another, there are standards for safety that are now rather high. So you should be able to feel safe in most cars, if not then buy a huge truck and you'll never have to worry about it.

This does make me think though, safety should have been one of the values. So I think it should be added to the OP.

Oh no! Wait! I just remembered what car I'd like the most. 

The Morgan 3-wheeler:

Morgan-3-Wheeler-front-three-quarters-lo

It may be small. It may be silly. But in the UK it counts as a motorcycle so the taxes are less.

The only problem is... I don't live in the UK.

Edited by Jack Spades