Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Possible end to the show ?

HeartFeltPuma23

Even if it's strange to see a character transform from an episode to an other i liked Twilicorn,then i saw this: http://goo.gl/0GOKCN

i'm the only one who knows exactly how this is going to end ? (hypothetically)  

I still like the character,it's just that now,uhm,let's say that i didn't realize that the whole "princess" thing could lead  to the end of the show,because seriusly,if they want to finish it with "the boom" they are gonna use the classic cliché "the main character has developed and evolved,now is "da boss"",twily will become a "full princess" (like Celestia)and the show will end with the mane 6 become older and Twilight became the ruler of Equestria (and maybe even the rest of the mane6 will become princess),geez,i just hope that i'm wrong... 

(and maybe the fourth season could be the last one,with 3 seasons and a film the whole "project" (let's call it in that way for the lack of a better word) could end with the end that i described here and in this way they would do a "real end",with no ways to continue the series)

(Yes,i know,the whole topic is messy and chaotic (and maybe i have made some grammar errors) but in the beginning this was going to be just a status update)

What do you guys think about this whole strange thing(for the lack of a better term,again) that came into my mind like,two minutes ago ? Is this a possible end ? And if it will be like that,what would you guys think about it,would you like it ? Would you hate it ?  

(personally,i would be ok with it,i would cry a little,cause you know,the best show ever is over,with a good ending,(if they do it well)but still over,and now life will be boring again (yes,the fandom will be here(i hope) but it wouldn't be the same thing) but maybe someone (bronies) could do an other season,trying to carry forward the show,but it wouldn't be the same,i mean,having the fans to do it would lead to a "let's do what we like and want to see" thing,and maybe the whole thing could "explode")) 

(I just hope that what i wrote is  understandable)

• Brohoof 2

Twilight becoming a princess was the original intended ending for the show as far as I know. I love the Twilicorn thing and really, I am happy that they did it this way. Having it just 'end' the show outright would seem really abrupt and since they did it this way, we can actually see how it can shake up the formula of the show itself, rather than having everything stay the same until the final moments where it wouldn't matter anyways because the show is over!

Beyond that, I have not thought of how the show itself could end. I would think of perhaps all of the mane 6 achieving their destiny, with Twilight being the start, but it can go in different directions.

Twilight achieving her destiny is one of the things that makes me feel more comfortable with that thought though, the end of the show itself. Since the writers are clearly not afraid to develop the characters and actually have them achieve something, we could potentially get a proper ending that the show deserves, hence that being one of the many, many, many, MANY reasons to why I do NOT want the writers to back out of it all. (Which clearly they aren't so no worries there anymore)

So I have not thought about it specifically. I guess it is a depressing thought, a really depressing thought. It will end someday, but I suppose for me, it is best to just enjoy it now, though I am incredibly eager for season 4.

Edited by Kyoshi
  • Brohoof 11

Twilight becoming a princess was the original intended ending for the show as far as I know. I love the Twilicorn thing and really, I am happy that they did it this way. Having it just 'end' the show outright would seem really abrupt and since they did it this way, we can actually see how it can shake up the formula of the show itself, rather than having everything stay the same until the final moments where it wouldn't matter anyways because the show is over!

Beyond that, I have not thought of how the show itself could end. I would think of perhaps all of the mane 6 achieving their destiny, with Twilight being the start, but it can go in different directions.

Twilight achieving her destiny is one of the things that makes me feel more comfortable with that thought though, the end of the show itself. Since the writers are clearly not afraid to develop the characters and actually have them achieve something, we could potentially get a proper ending that the show deserves, hence that being one of the many, many, many, MANY reasons to why I do NOT want the writers to back out of it all. (Which clearly they aren't so no worries there anymore)

So I have not thought about it specifically. I guess it is a depressing thought, a really depressing thought. It will end someday, but I suppose for me, it is best to just enjoy it now, though I am incredibly eager for season 4.

Have a brohoof.

I like to think that Twilight achieving her own destiny (even if she wasn't aware of it until it happened) serves as a catalyst for the rest of the Mane Six achieving their own goals and the show ending on a good note. Of course, it was the original ending of the show, but now that that's no longer true I'm interested in seeing where the show goes from here.

• Brohoof 4

Twilight learning lessons from her mistakes, which she might make some along her journey. She could learn how princesses stay calm under pressure, and always must focus on the solution than the problem. As for the rest of the Mane 6, they learn that they have some flaws and solve their problems when they become issues later.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that Magical Mystery Cure was originally intended to be the series finale before the show got renewed for a fourth season. I have never really thought about how they're going to truly end the show either, but I have a feeling it will involve a twist that'll lead to Twilight and the others to discovering and fulfilling their true destinies, whatever they may be.

Something is fantasic and way out of left field is the best possible way for them to end the series. Personally I like it as is, I don't think a series needs to drag on to the point where it jumps the shark (though I'm sure some people feel Twi becoming an Alicorn was exactly that). If this isn't the end of the series, I find it troubling because they're going to have to some how top this transformation later on down the line. Now that Lauren is no longer a part of the team, I am skeptical on where they'll go from here.

• 3 weeks later...

Completely agree with you sir. I for one would have been quite upset if they just ended with her becoming an alicorn, I would have wanted to see how it all worked out and where she was going to go from there.

Edited by Xelphos

Weakening MLP is on a threat of being dissolved to thousand pieces. Especially Twillight as an alicorn is a controversy which beyond any plot twist i have ever seen.

Why?  Cause she puffed wings, wings she still hasn't learned to use?  wings that are as much a liability until such a time?

Hell it's twilight on her busy schedule it's very likely she never even finds the time to practice using the damn things.

Here's an interesting question.

How could the show end in season 4 that totally wouldn't piss you off?

I'm not sure it's possible.

if you could do a good enough job where i was totally happy, i'd be pissed LOL there wouldn't be anymore.

You'd have to make a shitty season so i'd never wanna see it again.

Why?  Cause she puffed wings, wings she still hasn't learned to use?  wings that are as much a liability until such a time?

Hell it's twilight on her busy schedule it's very likely she never even finds the time to practice using the damn things.

Yep! Yep! Yep! Yep! Being an alicorn is the huge plot twist ever in history of cartoon.

Hasbro is picking a very bad side, man .

VERRRYYYY BAD!

Yep! Yep! Yep! Yep! Being an alicorn is the huge plot twist ever in history of cartoon.

Hasbro is picking a very bad side, man .

VERRRYYYY BAD!

um i thought you wanted to be on team evil LOL. Zycon.  what happened.  (Order of the stick ref.)

Maybe that's why I'm not bothered about alicorn twilight.

in the same reason why I didn't mind the new star treck.

It had great special affects,

and the actors busted their ass to make that shit work.

That's  not just a pass that's an A.

Now let me be clear,

I'm not calling magical mystery cure an A.  It's not.  I hate singing.  Bur objectively this was just never gonna be an episode for me. 

The fact it presents itself in such a manner that I mentally check out, means i can just roll my eyes and shrug my shoulders at what ever said episode provides.

Oh i guess the into darkness reference was utterly terrible LOL because magical mystery cure's savings grace is,

it sucks.  (LOL).

Edited by FNGRpony

um i thought you wanted to be on team evil LOL. Zycon.  what happened.  (Order of the stick ref.)

Maybe that's why I'm not bothered about alicorn twilight.

in the same reason why I didn't mind the new star treck.

It had great special affects,

and the actors busted their ass to make that shit work.

That's not not just a pass that's an A.

Now let me be clear,

I'm not calling magical mystery cure an A.  It's not.  I hate singing.  Bur objectively this was just never gonna be an episode for me.

The fact it presents itself in such a manner that I mentally check out, means i can just roll my eyes and shrug my shoulders at what ever said episode provides.

So you agreed that Season 3 is decent and the Hasbro is evil and lazy?

Magical Mystery cure should be a F in history of mankind.

Good job! Welcome to the hater team!

So you agreed that Season 3 is decent and the Hasbro is evil and lazy?

Magical Mystery cure should be a F in history of mankind.

Good job! Welcome to the hater team!

Woah, woah, woah.

don't get me wrong I love hatred.  Mfff it's the cats pjs.  It's my elements if you will.  Getting people to hate magical mystery cure is well,

like getting hill billies to shoot ducks.

If I loved musicals, I'm sure I would have loved the episode.  I don't.  As such the episode simply put wasn't for me.

Just how if you did a granny smith heavy episode I'd likely avoid it like the plague.  (she's up there with snips and snails for me).

See your problem is your seeing the alicorn thing as a big deal.  that your entitled to some slice of epic bad assedness as a result of twilight sparkle evolving pokemon style into a alicorn.

it's not.  Just how if pika chew became a ray chew.  It would be less cute, a bunch of fans would get butt hurt, but ultimately it really wouldn't be a big deal.

Woah, woah, woah.

don't get me wrong I love hatred.  Mfff it's the cats pjs.  It's my elements if you will.  Getting people to hate magical mystery cure is well,

like getting hill billies to shoot ducks.

If I loved musicals, I'm sure I would have loved the episode.  I don't.  As such the episode simply put wasn't for me.

Just how if you did a granny smith heavy episode I'd likely avoid it like the plague.  (she's up there with snips and snails for me).

See your problem is your seeing the alicorn thing as a big deal.  that your entitled to some slice of epic bad assedness as a result of twilight sparkle evolving pokemon style into a alicorn.

it's not.  Just how if pika chew became a ray chew.  It would be less cute, a bunch of fans would get butt hurt, but ultimately it really wouldn't be a big deal.

Actually, Season 1 and Season 2 had many great songs but when Season 3 came. I have kinda to doubt my faithfulness in MLP and Hasbro. But when Magic Mystery cure kicked in, when observing Twi as an alicorn.

The world around me stopped, the time shattered for a few minutes, my MLP posters started to tear down and fall on the ground, everything suddenly changes. I am standing there and staring on TV to see the final conclusion of Season 3.

When i see the Hasbro on the credit, the Trololo song came out of nowhere teasing in my mind.

I have realized that i had been betrayed....

Reason i began to lose the half of my faith in Hasbro, unacceptable betrayal! 

Equestria Girls just took about 20% of my faith in them. 

I started to calm down and pray to give my final faith in Hasbro for S4.

I am kinda of excited for S4 to decide my final faith in Hasbro wherever i will follow MLP or hate it.

Actually, Season 1 and Season 2 had many great songs but when Season 3 came. I have kinda to doubt my faithfulness in MLP and Hasbro. But when Magic Mystery cure kicked in, when observing Twi as an alicorn.

The world around me stopped, the time shattered for a few minutes, my MLP posters started to tear down and fall on the ground, everything suddenly changes. I am standing there and staring on TV to see the final conclusion of Season 3.

When i see the Hasbro on the credit, the Trololo song came out of nowhere teasing in my mind.

I have realized that i had been betrayed....

Reason i began to lose the half of my faith in Hasbro, unacceptable betrayal! 

Equestria Girls just took about 20% of my faith in them. 

I started to calm down and pray to give my final faith in Hasbro for S4.

I am kinda of excited for S4 to decide my final faith in Hasbro wherever i will follow MLP or hate it.

season 2 has "this day is going to be perfect."  I agree with broney curious that's some high level disney shit right there.  Villains singing their master plans.  Is there nothing villains can't make right?  (I mean other than snips and snails).

There's always a couple of screw ups every season.  For me it's always been rummaging for the diamonds in the ruff with this show.

I think that's why fans like back ground ponies so much. 

How do you screw up seeing someone who shows up and you feel happy about? 

Tell you what, what's the bare minimal you need from season 4 to make you happy?

I need a discord episode, 2-3 CC episodes,  i need that nightmare moon one to not suck.

everything after that is gonna be pure gravy.  if that discord episode is a two parter bitchen.  if it's not fine.  I think that's pretty reasonable.

Edited by FNGRpony

season 2 has "this day is going to be perfect."  I agree with broney curious that's some high level disney shit right there.  Villains singing their master plans.  Is there nothing villains can't make right?  (I mean other than snips and snails).

There's always a couple of screw ups every season.  For me it's always been rummaging for the diamonds in the ruff with this show.

I think that's why fans like back ground ponies so much. 

How do you screw up seeing someone who shows up and you feel happy about? 

Tell you what, what's the bare minimal you need from season 4 to make you happy?

I need a discord episode, 2-3 CC episodes,  i need that nightmare moon one to not suck.

everything after that is gonna be pure gravy.  if that discord episode is a two parter bitchen.  if it's not fine.  I think that's pretty reasonable.

I kinda love Discord since he is motivated and unpredictable like Joker or Q but i still don't put him in my list of best villains i ever seen because he is still too soft hearted to become a villain.

I know that Hasbro screws up sometimes but this time they screwed things up a little bit too far.

I have about 30 % hope and faith to believe in Season 4 will be awesome.

I kinda love Discord since he is motivated and unpredictable like Joker or Q but i still don't put him in my list of best villains i ever seen because he is still too soft hearted to become a villain.

I know that Hasbro screws up sometimes but this time they screwed things up a little bit too far.

I have about 30 % hope and faith to believe in Season 4 will be awesome.

You should kinda love discord.  just how you should love his original version back when he was called beetle juice.  Visual puns, anything for a cheap laugh, total show man.  The difference being discord is less gross.

and like discord you can make someone like beetle juice less evil by saddling him with a plucky young side kick.

And hay if you doubt what I say picture discord going "It's show time!" and tell me it doesn't fit.

and again, you kinda dodged the question.

Just how little would has bro have to do

to get an awesome out of you?

How many conditions would have to be met?

I'd like to see them do something with sombra but i'm not holding my breath.

I'd like to see some changeling stuff, but I kinda doubt it.

I'm in the minority of people who want more trixie, I mean even if it's her getting a cameo long enough to bug everyone LOL.

I could see the cameo happening.

I'd like to see some Back ground ponies get some air time, other than just in the back ground,

I stopped bringing it up because well the fan base wants to burn me for suggesting it.

I think that has a 50/50 shot of happening, just with so many episodes a little pandering would help pad things out.

And when it does happen it's gonna kill peoples souls, but i'm gonna love it ^^.

Fan base

"Boooo lyria got to talk

Me

"woot bon bon told pinkie to shut up!  Vinyle scratch said kicken!" (or some other such nonsense).

I would mark the hell out if someone looked at derpy and said "Look me straight in the eye and tell me that!"

Specially if it was discord lol.

You should kinda love discord.  just how you should love his original version back when he was called beetle juice.  Visual puns, anything for a cheap laugh, total show man.  The difference being discord is less gross.

and like discord you can make someone like beetle juice less evil by saddling him with a plucky young side kick.

And hay if you doubt what I say picture discord going "It's show time!" and tell me it doesn't fit.

and again, you kinda dodged the question.

Just how little would has bro have to do

to get an awesome out of you?

How many conditions would have to be met?

I'd like to see them do something with sombra but i'm not holding my breath.

I'd like to see some changeling stuff, but I kinda doubt it.

I'm in the minority of people who want more trixie, I mean even if it's her getting a cameo long enough to bug everyone LOL.

I could see the cameo happening.

I'd like to see some Back ground ponies get some air time, other than just in the back ground,

I stopped bringing it up because well the fan base wants to burn me for suggesting it.

I think that has a 50/50 shot of happening, just with so many episodes a little pandering would help pad things out.

And when it does happen it's gonna kill peoples souls, but i'm gonna love it ^^.

Fan base

"Boooo lyria got to talk

Me

"woot bon bon told pinkie to shut up!  Vinyle scratch said kicken!" (or some other such nonsense).

I would mark the hell out if someone looked at derpy and said "Look me straight in the eye and tell me that!"

Specially if it was discord lol.

Discord has been harmonized now! It is nearly impossible to bring him back as a villain without making a huge plot twist.

For he is the best villain in the My Little Pony.

Discord has been harmonized now! It is nearly impossible to bring him back as a villain without making a huge plot twist.

For he is the best villain in the My Little Pony.

OH come on LOL.  (and you still avoided the question about what do you want out of season 4)

ever have a friend tell you he's gonna stop doing something?  he might even say it and mean it.

there's a difference between saying it, meaning it, and doing it.

What evidence do you have to show me discord can be good?

Lets totally suppose he intends to be.  He's the living embodiment of chaos.

Even with out anyone trying to get him to fall off the good guy wagon, (just think if someone is trying to give him a nudge LOL) it would take a disciplined patient mind to over come relapsing into all of discords habits.

He creates chaos as easily we breath (remember him stretching?) 

Hell luna almost lapsed back into nightmare Freak in moon LOL on that night mare night episode and she was being ultra patient.

If everything goes perfectly according to plan(and this happens how often) it would take a miracle for discord to be "sanitized."

Edited by FNGRpony

OH come on LOL.  (and you still avoided the question about what do you want out of season 4)

ever have a friend tell you he's gonna stop doing something?  he might even say it and mean it.

there's a difference between saying it, meaning it, and doing it.

What evidence do you have to show me discord can be good?

Lets totally suppose he intends to be.  He's the living embodiment of chaos.

Even with out anyone trying to get him to fall off the good guy wagon, (just think if someone is trying to give him a nudge LOL) it would take a disciplined patient mind to over come relapsing into all of discords habits.

He creates chaos as easily we breath (remember him stretching?) 

Hell luna almost lapsed back into nightmare Freak in moon LOL on that night mare night episode and she was being ultra patient.

If everything goes perfectly according to plan(and this happens how often) it would take a miracle for discord to be "sanitized."

The only envidence rested in the keep flutter on episode in which Discord starts to questrion about friendship called "Friend?"

When someone questioning like that, we know that he can be purified from chaos itself in which i do believed that he was once a mortal but some force of darkness corrupted him.

I will work out that theory later.

I think someone said that the the season 3 finale was like a fail-safe, they didn't know if they were going to get a season 4 so they did it in such a way that it could serve as a grand-finale if worst came to worst and season 4 wasn't ordered. 

Personally, I like the concept of ending in just that way. Making the ending in such away that it also signifies a new chapter beginning, instead of treating it as final sad goodbye. So it feels like parting ways for a while and we still have the feeling that even if were not with them, our little ponies are still out there going on more adventures.  

I think the show will end with the main characters achieving there dreams.

Rainbow dash becoming a wonder bolt B). Fluttershy maybe opening an animal hospital or something along those lines ;) . Apple jack and her family making lots of money or growing other fruits and vegetables. Pinky possibly taking over the cake shop? Or becoming every ponies friend in Equestria. :lol: Raritys business could become huge and/or she meets her special some pony (probably of royalty) :D and Twilight might take over from Celestia, or she will turn down the offer, and ask to spend the rest of her life learning more about friendship. :P

Edited by SkyStorm

I think the show will end with the main characters achieving there dreams.

Rainbow dash becoming a wonder bolt img-1379355-5-xtWXQl1.png. Fluttershy maybe opening an animal hospital or something along those lines wink.png . Apple jack and her family making lots of money or growing other fruits and vegetables. Pinky possibly taking over the cake shop? Or becoming every ponies friend in Equestria. laugh.png Raritys business could become huge and/or she meets her special some pony (probably of royalty) biggrin.png and Twilight might take over from Celestia, or she will turn down the offer, and ask to spend the rest of her life learning more about friendship. tongue.png

Yes but rainbow dash did become a wonder bolt.

lets be honest pinkie is living her dream.  If any of us could comprehend it for a minute we'd all go mad.

Here's the kick in the butt so to speak.

What is twilight's ultimate dream?  Seriously?  It's hard to get a read on if she has a number one ultimate dream.  Other than "be the best student."

I mean i could argue now that she isn't a student anymore her worst nightmare has happened.

• Brohoof 1