Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Apple      Bloom

Posted Image

Name: Midnight Page

Sex: Male

Species: Unicorn

Eye Color: Right is dark red, left is neon Green

Coat Color: Onyx black

Mane/Tail/Markings Color & Style: An emo swirl and tail is styled into long razor-like spikes, both mane and tail have a dark blue stripe down the otherwise black hair.

Physique: Normal size.

Cutie Mark: Open book.

Origin/Residence: Born in a freak magical accident, causing a dead foal to rise again from death. Lives in a hidden Library deep inside a ruin in the Everfree forest.

Occupation: Serves as a librarian in a forgotten Library as well as a guide for the Everfree forest, should anypony find themselves lost in areas deeper than even Zecora would usually travel.

Motivation: To help his few friends in any way he can by offering his expertise in magic as well as general knowledge of the surrounding areas.

-snip-

Those are both pretty cool! Shadow Chaser sounds a lot like mine, and seeing as my OC is also MY ponysona, sounds like we have actually have a lot in common. Brohoof? /)*

Thanks! Your ponysona/oc is awesome, a bit more brave than mine as well! :P

Yay for finding out we have a lot in common! *(

I don't really roleplay usually. I made this one on a pony creator to troll TagTeamCast in his status update where he was claiming that he was the only one with an alicorn OC. It's nothing serious and I made it in about 2 minutes, but since this thread exists and I have nothing else to post here, I might as well post it :P

post-28-0-49395100-1328839426_thumb.jpg

Name: Marshmallow (yeah quite creative I know)

Species: Alicorn (lol )

Age: 18y (same as my age... I'm quite the creative person tonight)

Lives in: Cloudsdale

Personality: She's a bit mischievous and likes to mess with people. She's a bit squishy too.

Special Talent: She does not have a visible cutie mark... oops lol. I'll think of one later

Back story:

History: I'll think of something later.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks! Your ponysona/oc is awesome, a bit more brave than mine as well! :P

Yay for finding out we have a lot in common! *(

Well I actually AM going to serve in the military. I wouldn't call it brave so much as, "unable to live with myself if I didn't." Everything I wrote about Steelquill is either completely true or just a tad bit of wish fulfillment. PM me if you want to know which bits are which.

Well I actually AM going to serve in the military. I wouldn't call it brave so much as, "unable to live with myself if I didn't." Everything I wrote about Steelquill is either completely true or just a tad bit of wish fulfillment. PM me if you want to know which bits are which.

Good luck to you. I spent 8 years in myself

Name: Midnight Veil

Species: Unicorn

Personality: Free-spirited. Midnight has deep care for those he calls friends but doesn't let anybody get too close. He accepts everybody into his circle of acquaintances though. Loves freedom and is a very direct type of pony.

History: Born in Coltcago, Midnight was born in the terrible area of town. His parents were good standing folks but Midnight was always subjected to attacks by other colts in the area. Being good ponies, his parents taught him to not fight back, which lead to more attacks than if he had fought back.

When he was about 10, he discovered his Cutie Mark, and a terrible destiny. Midnight could infiltrate the mind of any pony he chose and if he braved the visual simulation of the mind, could render anypony completely insane or even brain dead.

Midnight fled after accidentally rendering one of the school bullies in a permanent coma. He was taken in by a Discord worshiping cult and later, became the shadow figure hell bent on Celestia's downfall, blaming her government for the problems he faced as a child.

Current State: In Ponyville, incognito. Has a thing for Twilight Sparkle, despite her close relationship with Celestia. Rumors going around that he possesses some kind of Discord type Element called "Paradox."

Special Talent: Entering a pony's mind. Illusions of any kind.

Posted Image

Can I just take a second and commend everypony who has posted thus far for all of their creative ingenuity? Seriously guys, your OCs are really fleshed out and thought up. They are all interesting characters!

snip

What makes Steelquill appeal to me is his experience as a soldier. The idea of "ponies as combatants" is really interesting to me, and I believe that really lets the mind run wild with all sorts of cool, militaristic, and martial imagery!

snip

Shadow Chaser actually sounds like me, lol. Pretty much everything you listed in the weaknesses I can relate to. Also, I'm a big D&D nerd. Heh, I'd love to play a 3.5 campaign with Shadow Chaser as the DM!

snip

Interesting origin for Midnight Page! Not many ponies can say they indirectly caused a dead foal to rise from the dead via a magical, and acciental, birth! Magical characters provide such an array of detailed character developement because of the complexity and mystery that is the arcane. I dig it!

I'll stop rambling, here's my OC:

Name:Riptide

Species: Earth pony

Personality: Riptide is a free spirit; he makes to sure enjoy nature's gift of life every now and then. A bit aloof, he'll typically say what's on his mind when asked, and without restraint. He dislikes really large crowds and has no qualms spending time with his closest friends or alone by himself at his favorite soda-bar, where he usually orders a tall birch beer.

History: Born and raised on the island city-state Port of Prance, Riptide grew up respecting and loving the ocean. As a young colt, he'd spend countless hours combing the beaches, climbing coconut trees, and surfing the vicious waves with his cousin Whirlpool. He later enrolled at the PoP Maritime Academy, where he'd learn the ins and outs of a plethora of different ships, marine life and sciences, and also nautical warfare.

Upon graduating, he became a deckhoof along with his cousin onboard a merchant trade ship captained by a retired sailpony named Albatrot. Riptide continues to live life out on the sea, exploring it's vast waters and discovering it's many mysteries alongside his fellow shipmates.

Special Talent: He is an expert surfer, as his cutie mark depicts a big blue wave. As a young colt, he won first place in the island's biggest surfing competition.

Posted Image

Edited by Broseph Stallion
  • Brohoof 1

Can I just take a second and commend everypony who has posted thus far for all of their creative ingenuity? Seriously guys, your OCs are really fleshed out and thought up. They are all interesting characters!

What makes Steelquill appeal to me is his experience as a soldier. The idea of "ponies as combatants" is really interesting to me, and I believe that really lets the mind run wild with all sorts of cool, militaristic, and martial imagery!

Shadow Chaser actually sounds like me, lol. Pretty much everything you listed in the weaknesses I can relate to. Also, I'm a big D&D nerd. Heh, I'd love to play a 3.5 campaign with Shadow Chaser as the DM!

Interesting origin for Midnight Page! Not many ponies can say they indirectly caused a dead foal to rise from the dead via a magical, and acciental, birth! Magical characters provide such an array of detailed character developement because of the complexity and mystery that is the arcane. I dig it!

I'll stop rambling, here's my OC:

Name:Riptide

Species: Earth pony

Personality: Riptide is a free spirit; he makes sure enjoy nature's gift of life every now and then. A bit aloof, he'll typically say what's on his mind when asked, and without restraint. He dislikes really large crowds and has no qualms spending time with his closest friends or alone by himself at his favorite soda-bar, where he usually orders a tall birch beer.

History: Born and raised on the island city-state Port of Prance, Riptide grew up respecting and loving the ocean. As a young colt, he'd spend countless hours combing the beaches, climbing coconut trees, and surfing the vicious waves with his cousin Whirlpool. He later enrolled at the PoP Maritime Academy, where he'd learn the ins and outs of a plethora of different ships, marine life and sciences, and also nautical warfare.

Upon graduating, he became a deckhoof along with his cousin onboard a merchant trade ship captained by a retired sailpony named Albatrot. Riptide continues to live life out on the sea, exploring it's vast waters and discovering it's many mysteries alongside his fellow shipmates.

Special Talent: He is an expert surfer, as his cutie mark depicts a big blue wave. As a young colt, he won first place in the island's biggest surfing competition.

Posted Image

Thank you for your appraisal. I wanted Steelquill to be like me with only slight deviations. I'm still just a cadet, but that is where I'm headed. I've read a few fanfics where ponies venture into armed combat, and they usually hold their own if they AREN'T totally bucking flank! Calamity, a pegasus from Fallout: Equestria is a flying sharpshooter, who takes full advantage of his ability to fly by strafing and dive bombing his enemies from the sky as he guns them down. Then there's Ashtail from It's a Dangerous Business Going Out Your Door who is very much like Eomer of Rohan from Lord of the Rings. He's as strong as Big Mac, twice as fast, and fierce with spear and knife. Finally there's Captain Stormwing from Through the Eyes of Another Pony part of Celestia's Sky Archons, he uses his hooves, wings, and direct application of pegasus weather control to make short work of his enemies. (When I say short work, I mean the two fights I've read of him lasted 10 seconds each!) I kind of drew inspiration from these guys. We already know from the show that these ponies aren't helpless against a whole slew of monsters that gave Earth legends trouble, and the Royal Guards do appear to serve a protection role, so I just put two and two together and said Equestria must have something resembling a military even if we don't see it.

I must say, I really like Riptide. Everything about the character fits snugly into canon. I tried to avoid creating anything resembling a Mary-Sue and tried to follow the rules of the setting, but as you can tell, soldiers and what they do have no place in the canon. You, on the other hoof, made a unique and interesting character without even compromising the show's personality. THAT is impressive! I take my hat off to you and offer a brohoof! /)

Edited by Steel Accord
  • Brohoof 1

Thank you for your appraisal. I wanted Steelquill to be like me with only slight deviations. I'm still just a cadet, but that is where I'm headed. I've read a few fanfics where ponies venture into armed combat, and they usually hold their own if they AREN'T totally bucking flank! Calamity, a pegasus from Fallout: Equestria is a flying sharpshooter, who takes full advantage of his ability to fly by strafing and dive bombing his enemies from the sky as he guns them down. Then there's Ashtail from It's a Dangerous Business Going Out Your Door who is very much like Eomer of Rohan from Lord of the Rings. He's as strong as Big Mac, twice as fast, and fierce with spear and knife. Finally there's Captain Stormwing from Through the Eyes of Another Pony part of Celestia's Sky Archons, he uses hos hooves, wings, and direct application of pegasus weather control to make short work of his enemies. (When I say short work, I mean the two fights I've read of him lasted 10 seconds each!) I kind of drew inspiration from these guys. We already know from the show that these ponies aren't helpless against a whole slew of monsters that gave Earth legends trouble, and the Royal Guards do appear to serve a protection role, so I just put two and two together and said Equestria must have something resembling a military even if we don't see it.

I must say, I really like Riptide. Everything about the character fits snugly into canon. I tried to avoid creating anything resembling a Mary-Sue and tried to follow the rules of the setting, but as you can tell, soldiers and what they do have no place in the canon. You, on the other hoof, made a unique and interesting character without even compromising the show's personality. THAT is impressive! I take my hat off to you and offer a brohoof! /)

Thanks bro! That's really cool that you molded Steelquill after your own personal aspects. Coming from a big military family, I gotta say thanks for serving. When I was in high school, I entered a military prep program for the USN. I opted out, but I still have a love for the sea which I fashioned into my character Riptide. I'm gonna be drawing a spinoff comic using OCs I created and having Riptide as the mane character.

Also, are the titles you listed fanfictions? If so, then I have to read those! They sound like an entertaining read.

• Brohoof 1

Name: Strong Hooves

Species:Earth Pony

Personality: Strong Hooves is commonly known as a 'gentle giant'. He is quite passive aggressive for the most part, unless somepony repeatedly annoys him. He is very helpful and values hard manual labor

History: Strong never lived in one place for too long, he is always traveling around Equestria. He doesnt tend to make many friends because of this. another reason he doesnt have friends is because many ponies shy away from him because of his large size, he is slightly larger than Big Macintosh and very muscular. He values his physicall well being and is usually seen working out to make himself stronger. He lives by the quote, "What doesnt kill me makes me stronger".

Special Talent: Very strong

post-1018-0-26953800-1329248829.png

• Brohoof 2

Thanks bro! That's really cool that you molded Steelquill after your own personal aspects. Coming from a big military family, I gotta say thanks for serving. When I was in high school, I entered a military prep program for the USN. I opted out, but I still have a love for the sea which I fashioned into my character Riptide. I'm gonna be drawing a spinoff comic using OCs I created and having Riptide as the mane character.

Also, are the titles you listed fanfictions? If so, then I have to read those! They sound like an entertaining read.

I actually don't come from a military family myself. That's one of the deviations to make things appropriately more ideal in my already, "so perfect people don't believe me" life. (Hence, my wish to serve. God has gifted me with so much, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I didn't give something back.)

You're going to make a comic about high seas adventure in Equestria? Now THAT is a kickass premise! Sea Epics are mankind's instinctual chronicle of his lust for adventure, to go forth into a realm he has no control over, to look into the eye of the storm and shout louder than the crashing waves "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!" Add ponies to that and the possibilities expand! I can see it now. Sea serpents, (decidedly un-moustachioed and unfriendly ones) Diamond Dog pirates, treacherous sea ponies (think mermaids . . . REAL mermaids), perhaps an encounter with the beautiful but wrathful Mariana, Princess of the sea!

Lastly, those ARE indeed fanfics. They are not only great fanfics, but great fiction to varying degrees. I recommend Going Out Your Door first. Think My Little Pony as written by Tolkien! Twilight is struck deathly ill in the wake of a magic accident, and the only cure is a rare flower far beyond Equestria. So begins the journey of Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash as they navigate courts and nations; overcome, beasts and themselves, and ultimately discover more about themselves and their parts to play in the world they live in. READ THAT STORY!

Edited by Steelquill

D&D is awesome! *roleplaying brohoof* /)*

Well if he would have the same DMing abilities as I have that probably wouldn't be a great idea, I make a better player than DM. ^_^

You don't happen to do PBP (play by post) do you?

D&D is awesome! *roleplaying brohoof* /)*

Well if he would have the same DMing abilities as I have that probably wouldn't be a great idea, I make a better player than DM. ^_^

You don't happen to do PBP (play by post) do you?

awesome. I've never done PBP before, but the idea fascinates me.

• Brohoof 1

awesome. I've never done PBP before, but the idea fascinates me.

I say we do it! Nevermore could DM it. (Or me, just to let you know, I'm horrible at it.)

Here are some rule sets to use even!

http://giftkrieg23.deviantart.com/art/Savage-World-of-MLP-FiM-202882708

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=explorer&chrome=true&srcid=0B2zrjqXYhlMcN2Q0M2VmNmMtY2I4Mi00YjA1LTg3NDctYzQ2ZGZiMDQ3ZGFk&hl=en_US&pli=1

• Brohoof 1

My OC, Dave:

post-37-0-92294700-1318058875_thumb.pngpost-37-0-23520800-1329369728_thumb.png

post-37-0-42671200-1317776114_thumb.jpgpost-37-0-43004900-1329370281.jpg

Old description from my DA: (I'm thinking about changing it)

Dave is a blue pegasus with black, wavy hair. He usually wears dark blue shades.

He obsesses over female ponies, and can often be found staring at "dat plot". He's always trying to ask them out but usually fails miserably due to a serious lack of game. Although he pursues most all females, his love interest is Fluttershy. When she is around he gets nervous and tries to avoid her. Due to his lack of confidence he may never be able to ask her out. His cutie mark is three 5 pointed stars representing his interest in astronomy and his dream to go star gazing with Fluttershy.

Edited by Apple Bloom
  • Brohoof 5

Name: Power Ten

[b]Age:16

Species: Pegasus blue

Appearance: White coat with gold zebra stripes. Blue mane with gold at the ends.

Cutie Mark: An Oar

Personality: Very suspicious of strangers, especially pegasi. He doesn't make friends eaily, but thefew friendships that he makes last a lifetime. Likes to go a little mad scientist once in a while with inventing.

Backstory: Power Ten is different from many pegasi due to the fact that he can't fly. He had a head injury as a foal which caused his sense of balance while in flight to disappear. Because of his inability to fly, he was subject to a lot of bullying and ridicule. He briefly befriended Fluttershy before running away from cloudsdale and drifting across Equestria. Although he sustained a head injury as a foal, he is a borderline genious and has a knack for inventing. While living near a lake, he discovered his love of water and invented a small, thin racing boat so that he could go fast like the racers from cloudsdale without flying. His boat revolves around the use of his wings to move.

Other He loves explosions

My first OC designed to be a ponified me, but slightly a lot more interesting

• Brohoof 1

My OC, Dave:

post-37-0-23520800-1329369728_thumb.png

post-37-0-43004900-1329370281.jpg

Old description from my DA: (I'm thinking about changing it)

Dave is a blue pegasus with black, wavy hair. He usually wears dark blue shades.

He obsesses over female ponies, and can often be found staring at "dat plot". He's always trying to ask them out but usually fails miserably due to a serious lack of game. Although he pursues most all females, his love interest is Fluttershy. When she is around he gets nervous and tries to avoid her. Due to his lack of confidence he may never be able to ask her out. His cutie mark is three 5 pointed stars representing his interest in astronomy and his dream to go star gazing with Fluttershy.

I like this pony, mostly because I can say "IT"S BUCKING DAVE, MAN!!!" how can you not say that and not have a smile

Forgot to add something about my Mare-do-well character.

His cutie mark: It's just a filled up bag

What does it mean, it's as mysterious as his identity, the bag could be a sack of cash, meaning he is rich; it could be a sack of stolen goods; it could even be a sack of dirty laundry... no pony will ever know...

honestly... I can't come up with a good OC, all the ones I've already developed are already to far to be used as a casual kind of thing with other OCs...

Mod Note - There is already a thread for posting OC Ponies in Sugarcube Corner, merging now. Always be sure to check for duplicates before posting a new thread ;)