Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why all the focus on the negative in topics?

ASocialyAwkwardPony

No need to get snarky here. Besides, me mentioning negativity doesn't equal preaching negativity, I am just pointing out something I think we could all benefit from thinking about some when making new threads. And sure, have your own opinion in the OP whether it be negative or not, but keeping the title neutral and open for discussion does just that, it opens it to discussion and allows more people to come in and talk about it, not only the ones who dislike the media in question.

Fair enough, i wasn't trying to be rude, lol. I was mostly just poking ya a little. But i'm just sayin the title for your topic isn't really neutral either. And that's okay, neutrality is pointless because most people already have their own per-concieved biases before reading. Some people are sheepish and follow the OP's opinion, others just like to rock the boat a little to keep things interesting.

I actually agree, it would make topics more productive if people would leave their personal feelings out of the titles. But that's not gonna happen, people make topics because they want everyone to feel the same as them. That even applies to this topic, you made the topic because you want to persuade people of your ideas. People should not feel "unwelcome" just because they feel positively about a negative topic. They should have the courage to state how they really feel, regardless whether or not it goes against the views of the group bias. It keeps the conversation interesting and defeats the dreaded circle-jerk. Btw that applies to "positive" topics too. If everyone is all positive, the negative person shouldn't feel unwelcome to speak their mind.

Edited by crazitaco

I know them feels. And the reason is that being negative is easy. When someone makes a goof, how easy is it to say "Wow, what a fail." Or "Fail" or "you suck." But when someone does something right, it's harder to give them praise for it. It's the human nature.

That was deeper than I thought I would get.

Them feels.

The way I see it, negative topics have a better chance of different opinions, and that makes for heated discussion. Forums are all about diverse discussion from a diverse community.