Favorite Pokemon Starter

JaCe The Ace Flyer

So, I just bought a DS about a week ago because I was getting back into Pokemon fever and as I began playing Black and now Diamond I realized that good ol Charmander was still my favorite starter (followed closely by dat super cutey Oshawott) and it got me thinking, "I bet there are other bronys that would like to tell who they favorite starter is. By all means explain yourselves too. I happen to like Charmander the most because he's nice n cuddly, but as he evolves he gets incredibly badass, which I know is the case with most Pokemon, but I just remember the Charizard from the show with his cool attitude and all I could think of as a 5 year old kid was "WOW!!! This is what cool is"!

post-19061-0-00519800-1380492084_thumb.png

• Brohoof 1

Well, i think all the starters are pretty cool for the most part. However one beats them all for my favorite.

And that would be Treeko.

I just love Treeko, i mean i love green, i love grass types, and hes just so awesome! 

I dunno why, not to mention his leaf blade was exclusive to him for a while. 

His attitude in the anime is pretty cool to ;p.

So yeah, hes my favorite starter. 

Cyndaquil is 2nd place, pretty close.

• Brohoof 1

Well...

My favorite starter is easily:

snivy_revisted_by_keijimatsu-d3aa0ia.png

Snivy...

I love his design and practically everything about him...even his 2nd and 3rd evolutions. 

If it counts, then I also love Pikachu:

1527793-11-1364384764565.jpg

Pikachu and Snivy are my two favorite Starters. I'm also a pretty big fan of Treecko, Chimchar, Piplup, and Fennekin. 

My favourite is Squirtle, for nostalgia and badassery. I can't wait to play with the X and Y starters. 

Out of each Gen it goes Snivy > Cyndaquil > Mudkip >> Turtwig(I think he's cute. I picked Piplup, but he was a pain) 

Edited by LanceTheTurtle

Out of all the starters, my favorite starter is Cyndaquil with Snivy being second favorite and Squirtle being third. Cyndaquil always looked so cute that I instantly loved him. That and his back spouted fire. What a cool little guy.

post-15405-0-80233300-1380495272.jpeg

Without a doubt, it has to be Mudkip. he's the cutest of the bunch, and becomes one of the best defensive Pokémon for his generation. Mudshot is an absolute killer, and it helps that his attack is great as well.

So, I heard you like Mudkips...

• Brohoof 2

I never really cared too much for any of the 1st gen starters; I always go with Bulbasaur just because out of the three starter types, I prefer grass. I always did have a soft spot for Cyndaquil... it's just really cute. Mudkip rules in the best generation ever (a.k.a Gen 3 ;) but it just doesn't strike me in that "favorite" way. Playing through Black right now, and Snivy is rapidly growing on me, I must admit.

However, I do believe my absolute favorite has to be

640px-Dawn_Piplup.png

The adorableness! It burns!

Edited by Abstract
  • Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I couldn't choose JUST one, so I've compiled a list of my FAVORITE starters for each Pokemon Generation to date;

(Red and Blue(Green) Versions)-All Starters were tied for me.

(Silver, Gold, and Crystal Versions)-Totodile hands down.

(Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald Versions)-Mudkip.

(Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum Versions)-Piplup

(Black and White Versions)-Oshawott

(X and Y)-Fennekin 

Oh wow... that's really tough...

I would say Totodile, Charmander, and Mudkip are my favorites. But I also really like Squirtle, Chikorita, and Cyndaquil.

If you can't tell, I like gen 1 and 2 the best lol

I'll just list my order too.

1. Cyndaquill
2. Charmander
3. Bulbasaur
4. Chikorita
5. Treecko
6. Fennekin
7. Totodile
8. Mudkip
9. Chespin
10. Squirtle
11. Froakie
12. Turtwig
13. Torchic
14. Oshawott
15. Snivy
16. Piplup
17. Tepig
18. Chimchar

Needless to say I didn't really like Gen 4 and 5 starters...  Well, Gen 2 had the best starters overall.  Cyndaquill is easily my favorite starter with his yellow color (yes, yellow, that's the only thing that matters!)  He isn't ugly when he evolves, also (I'm looking at you Torchic, Mudkip, Tepig and Chespin, and Fennekin to a lesser extend.  Geez, how can so many of them go so wrong?)  Gen 1 starters are also really cool, though I don't think I ever chose Squirtle.  

I'm not going to do a list, as that would easily take me forever, I do love most starters and they all hold something for me.

Overall, my favourite has to be Treeko, just because look at Sceptile... That thing is just... Hnnngggg...

My favorite base starter is Piplup, due to cuteness. My favorite final evolution starter is easily Samurott. I know I hold an unpopular opinion there, but I do think that Samurott is the coolest design of final evolutions, among water starters and beyond. In fact, I haven't really been fond of any of the final evolution designs for any of the starters aside from Samurott. Also Samurott looks wayyyy better than its pre-evolutions. Especially Dewott. I don't like Dewott at all. lol

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

The last (and I think the only) non spin-off Pokemon game I played was Diamond, and I'm not sure, but I think I had Chimchar as a starter. I don't really know how I could choose a favorite starter off of that information alone, but if Pikachu counts I guess maybe him.

Definitely Cyndaquil! My first video game ever was Pokémon Silver. I got it when I was 5 or so. I remember getting my Cyndaquil, and naming her Cindy. Memories! laugh.png

Of the generations my favorite starter would probably have to be...

1. Squirtle
  2. Cyndaquil
  3. Mudkip
  4. Chimchar
  5. Snivy
  6. Fennekin

I would have to say Torchic, or all 3 of the Hoenn starters really. Not only do they actually all turn out to be decent Pokémon, but they all have great designs for all their forms imo(Torchic especially so).

From gen 1 I don't really have a favorite, they're all classic. Bulbasaur was probably most useful in-game then though from my experience, and now that Charizard has an amazing Fire/Dragon Mega Evolution in X/Y I think its probably my favorie of them atm.

Gen 2's starters kind of suck tbh, Cyndaquil is probably my favorite if the bunch though since Typhlosion is pretty cool looking.

Gen 4 had amazing starters as well, my fav would probably be Infernape out of them but Empoleon is a pretty close second.

Gen 5 also had rather bad starters, but out of their adorable first forms I probably like Snivy best, plus Serperior isn't too terrible.

The gen 6 guys I'm still getting acquainted with, I like Froakie best so far though.