Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Derpy gone forever?

LordDiscord

I am not wanting to revive any long dead discussions or anything, but this has been bugging me for a long time. Since Derpy's appearance in the ''Last Roundup'' there has been many worries about Derpys fate. I want to know if there has been any form of announcements or any confirmation on whether Derpy will return in season 4 or has she been written out. I am aware that her not appearing in the show will not mean her death because she will live on through the fandom, but I am hoping that it is not the end of our walled eyed friend. I bring this up because I recently got the cutie mark picture pack off of the xbox live market place and I noticed when they were listing the names for the cutie mark owners, all but Derpy's name was listed. In fact there was a underline where her name should have been. Over all I am not worried that Derpy will die off, I'm just concerned that I won't be able to see her in the background anymore.  

P.S. I hope this is in the correct forum.

I feel the same way.

When I was first becoming a Brony, the name "Derpy" was the first thing that I really heard of. It would be a major dissapointment if Derpy were to die of in the show.

At this point, Derpy is and should be still in the show come season four.

1. A month after the Derpy drama, Hasbro published a Comic-Con-exclusive Derpy toy, which sold out before EQD published its report. The toy was sold out at SD CC a few months later.
  2. There have been many toys, either first-party or third-party, featuring her, including ones from Funko and WeLoveFine.
  3. IDW's FIM comics have plugged in Derpy left, right, and center. They even made the mailmare fanon canon in the comics.
  4. Magical Mystery Cure plugged in as many Derpy appearances as possible. She showed up at least five times, one of them breaking the fourth wall by winking at the audience.

8b1D11D.gif
  5. Equestria Girls plugged her in, too, showing up three times with her trademark eyes. In fact, during the end of the credit roll, Derpy showed up dancing to the tune of the ending theme.
Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 11

What Dark Qiviut said; as one of the forum's resident diehard Derpy fans, I cannot emphasize enough that I really don't think there's anything to worry about.  Derpy's made enough appearances in canon material since "The Last Roundup" that I'm very, very confident she'll be showing up regularly in Season 4. derpy_emoticon1.png

I'm pretty sure she is not going to be removed from the show entirely. I (and LOTS of other fans) have seen her in the background in episodes following The Last Roundup and Equestria Girls.

Edited by CloudMistDragon

Derpy is not gone forever. I'm sure she'll be in season 4. After all, Derpy appeared in both Magical Mystery Cure and Equestria Girls.

MMC: (On the far right)

640px-Main_6_trotting_and_Derpy_in_the_b

EQG:

Derpy_ID_EG.png

Derpy has also been seen in the comic books and trading cards, as well as numerous other official merchandise. If anything, we may not hear Derpy speak again due to the controversy from The Last Roundup. Her name can also be seen as somewhat offensive, so that's why we don't see the name 'Derpy' on any of her toys or trading cards. Despite all of this, there's no reason why we can't have plenty of Derpy cameos in season 4 if all of the drama didn't stop her from appearing in season 3 and EQG. I think that's really all we can ask for. smile.png

We won't ever hear Derpy again, but she will still be around. We can see her playing "Where's Waldo" in the episodes, which is a great thing. :)

But well, she will remain one of my favorite characters, and I doubt we will ever forget her lol.

I doubt she'll be forever disappeared from the show. I myself have noticed her in all different places in episodes. She even made her appearance in Equestria Girls. Surely, she will appear in Season 4.

I think that they will continue to use Derpy's model since the ponies working on the show probably wouldn't want to make new ones to take its place which is why it continues to be used after "The Last Roundup". As for ponies that are offended by ponies with disabilities, It's called being intolerant. Hasbro shouldn't have catered to their desires to see Derpy removed because they can't handle the fact that such things exist.

If you mean derpy the talking character? 
OH yeah LOL dead and gone.

Derpy the back ground Pony?  Thee back ground pony.  Hack no.

Pff if derpy disappeared in the back ground it's cause she got lost lol

Maybe they told you this already, but in season 3 she appears hidden in some episodes, i'm not sure if she's in every episode. 

Also in the movie, Equestria Girls, she made her victorious return as a human. I don't think the writers will discard a fan favorite that easily.