Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who do you consider to had been the best U.S. President?

Life Giver

I haven't seen anyone ask this question before (I search and nothing came up) so I want to know. Who do you consider to had been the best U.S. President. 

I would have to choice between FDR or Theodore Roosevelt.

So you can choice any... as long as they are U.S Presidents.

WARREN G HARDING OF COURSE

My answer is obviously Thomas Jefferson. He bought the Louisiana Purchase doubling the size of the United States, sent Lewis and Clark to explore the west, tried keeping a small government, stretched the importance of separation of church and state, and had some of the greatest quotes ever. Oh, and he grew hemp.

I'll post a few.

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."

"The people will not understand the importance of the Second Amendment until it is too late."

"Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity."

"But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods or no God. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg."

"Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because if there be one he must approve of the homage of reason more than that of blindfolded fear."

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."

"My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government."

"Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom."

Andrew Jackson

Ronald Reagen

FDR

No offense guys, but Reagan was crap (for several reasons), FDR gets minus points for relocation camps, and Andrew Jackson is responsible for the Indian Removal Act.

I'm going with Thomas Jefferson, because he knew that dividing the power between the government and the state government shows that a government should not get too much power over the people.

Bill Clinton is my best President.

During Clinton's presidency, 22.5 million new jobs were created and unemployment dropped from 7.5% when he took office to 4.0% by the end of his second term, the lowest in 30 years.

The $290 billion national deficit of 1992 became a $124 billion surplus by 1999 because Clinton's Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993 raised taxes on the top income rate from 28 percent to 39.6 percent, thus increasing tax revenues.

The US went from having the largest budget deficit in American history ($290 billion) in 1992 when Clinton was elected to having a budget surplus of $127 billion when he left office in 2001.

Clinton was also great with Foreign Relations

Reagan wasn't crap, he just believed in a stupid economic system that doesn't work. It didn't actually hurt the economy so that's a wash. Reagan was a Great People person and was amazing with Foreign Relations, The man helped end the cold war and communism in the USSR. So points to him

FDR, Oh man I love this man. The only president to serve more than 2 consecutive terms, and with good reason, he was that good. With the New Deal and helping the country climb out of the Great Depression by helping the Allied Forces end WW2

Jackson, Was completely awful as a president. He was the First President to be impeached and honestly did nothing when he was in Office. He was an Alcoholic and had parties in the White House most of the time. He didn't care for the country he just cared about himself.

Jackson, Was completely awful as a president. He was the First President to be impeached and honestly did nothing when he was in Office. He was an Alcoholic and had parties in the White House most of the time. He didn't care for the country he just cared about himself.

Uhhhh, no. He was not impeached. In fact, the first president to be impeached was Andrew Johnson.

Oh, and get this, Clinton was tried for criminal acts, and impeached.

Alcoholic? A little, but not severely. He only had a couple White House parties, but only for his inaugurations.

He cared for the country, which is why he performed the Indian Removal Act, which was made for the purpose of bringing peace between Americans and Native Americans.

As for doing nothing in office, I just talked about the Indian Removal Act, and how it brought peace. He did so much that many years after his presidency were named in his honor as "the Age of Jackson".

Just standing up for Jackson, here.

I respect your opinions, as long as you'll respect mine.

Thomas Jefferson was the best American President in our history. Why? He fought for civil and individual liberties, made the Louisiana Purchase, facilitated the first peaceful switch of power between the political parties ever, and was a very scholarly and intelligent man. Sadly we are severely lacking in Presidents like Jefferson as of late.

However, if I had to pick a more contemporary President, I'd say Ronald Reagan. A controversial choice, I know, but the man had good intentions, his supply side economics did do good for the Middle Class, if not the lower class, and he was in favor of small government. I dislike the massive military budget he allowed, and he was very aggressive in foreign policy, to the point of funding soon-to-be terror cells like the precursor to al-Qaeda and the Contra. Certainly not a perfect President, but fairly good. I also think Bill Clinton was a good moderate President, affairs notwithstanding. 

Uhhhh, no. He was not impeached. In fact, the first president to be impeached was Andrew Johnson.

Oh, and get this, Clinton was tried for criminal acts, and impeached.

Alcoholic? A little, but not severely. He only had a couple White House parties, but only for his inaugurations.

He cared for the country, which is why he performed the Indian Removal Act, which was made for the purpose of bringing peace between Americans and Native Americans.

As for doing nothing in office, I just talked about the Indian Removal Act, and how it brought peace. He did so much that many years after his presidency were named in his honor as "the Age of Jackson".

Just standing up for Jackson, here.

I respect your opinions, as long as you'll respect mine.

I respect your opinions, but calling an ethnic cleansing "bringing peace" to the country then I don't know. Granted many of the presidents before him were on the warpath to killing Native Americans, it was him who pushed the hardest for these 'Removal' Acts.

He only put his friends in government jobs. This was known as the "spoil system".

He exercised his power in government by ignoring two branches of government. (Ignoring checks and balances is never a good thing)

In September of 1833, Jackson signed an executive order that ended federal deposits to the Second Bank.  Without federal funds, the bank dried up and soon died. And where did all that federal money go?  To smaller state banks around the country, particularly ones run by supporters of Jackson and his political allies. This ended up tanking the economy for a while.

Also on Billy he was tried and acquitted of all charges and those 'acts' didn't change what he did for this country.

Lastly I'm not hating on you for liking Jackson I just don't like Jackson, you're obviously a nice person.

• Brohoof 3

Ahahahahaha peace, he kicked them out of their homeland and forced them to move Oklahoma.

Clinton was tried for criminal acts, and impeached.

I did not have sexual relations with that woman. 

Reagan wasn't crap, he just believed in a stupid economic system that doesn't work. It didn't actually hurt the economy so that's a wash. Reagan was a Great People person and was amazing with Foreign Relations, The man helped end the cold war and communism in the USSR. So points to him

Reagan made the perfect puppet, he was already used to memorizing scripts, just saying. I honestly have no idea why people are so damn fawning of Reagan, he's just as bad as Obama. A crappy unemployment rate, raising taxes, etc.

FDR, Oh man I love this man. The only president to serve more than 2 consecutive terms, and with good reason, he was that good. With the New Deal and helping the country climb out of the Great Depression by helping the Allied Forces end WW2

Like I said before, I'm not too fond of him sending Japanese Americans into relocation camps. He got the nation through a lot, but that one thing really irks me about him. 

Imo, George Washington.

Man that guy, massive respect. He stuck with America all the way through the revolution. He risked life and limb in the process. Then, when victory was finally won, the people wanted him to be their king. He could've been a KING, but he knew that king's too often became ruthless in their power. But America still needed a leader, and he agreed to serve as president for a limited amount of time. How many politicians nowadays would have enough self-control to limit their own power for the good of the nation? Probably none. George Washington was honorable, honest, and truly cared about the future of our country. He only agreed to the presidency so he could help the country in its time of need, and to set an example for future presidents.  Its a darn shame that modern presidents have become just as power hungry and corrupt as kings.

Edited by crazitaco
  • Brohoof 2