Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why doesn't Twilight attend any of her classes?

lawrence9021

Well you know in the movie she never shows up for eny of her classes whats up whith that you know and then she sleeps in the libary come on you know wouldent you think some one would have notised she was camping out in the libary and skiping class you know? 

post-19935-0-54277800-1384013664.jpg

Edited by lawrence9021
  • Brohoof 5

You know, you're right. 

I really hadn't noticed that before (derp)

Well, she is the student of Celestia and because she can't always be with her....

And anyway, do you ever see any of the other main ponies in classes?

• Brohoof 5

Oh wow! Yes this did cross my mind as I was watching the movie. She's seen during the lunch too. And hopping around in the halls a bit. But when everyone was in their classes, where was she? No doubt she'd be too un-informed on that world to really know anything. But they might've had her been in classes, but not show it to us. Or maybe she just hung out in the library all day. You would think someone would notice Twilight sleeping in the library too.

• Brohoof 1

Since the writers didn't want to actually have Twilight learning in her classes to save time, that is probably why they didn't show us her activity in her classes. Either that or she was in the library the whole time.

It's not unusual for high school students to have unfilled time on their class roster.  Those are spent either in study hall or the library.  I can see Twilight getting away with spending one day in the library but after a second whole day, Cheerilee should've noticed and asked her about it. 

This school doesn't appear to have hall monitors.  It would've only taken a few seconds of time for somebody to tell her to get moving and, of course, she'd just retreat to the library anyway.  :P

How Twilight wasn't noticed sleeping in the library is beyond me.  But even in this world she is savvy enough to avoid drawing unwanted attention to herself from the faculty. 

1. She doesnt really go to that school (no reason for her to get kicked out for hanging around the school since she looks like any other student)

2. You dont see the other 5 attending their classes as in actualy sitting down in the classroom you only have fluttershy rush away to her class for being late. 

3. A class scene isnt really that entertaining/interesting.

4. I really dont think Celestia/Luna would notice since well a non-student wins the fall formal. So I dont think they would notice someone in the library.

Bottom line is that she doesnt go to that school so there really isnt any reason for her to go to a class. As for the winning the fall formal as a non-student? Well I doubt that Celestia and Luna can keep track of every single student on the school and I doubt they went researching for her name when they first met her. I went to a school and never even meet the principal  and I doubt she would recognize me as either a Student or maybe some random guy.

The fall formal is a Student organized event and I doubt Luna and Celestia has much control over it other than just overseeing it and making sure they dont do bad stuff at it, and at the end announce the princess of the fall formal. In a big school you're just one of the many student and I doubt the schools go gestapo on their student other than the regular troublemakers

Movie was a little rushed in the first place so there wasnt really room for ''filler'' content.

Edited by SveciaDash
  • Brohoof 1

The answer is simple.

The actual human Twilight does not attend that school. So Twilight herself she does not have to attend any of the classes, if anything she is technically trespassing on the school grounds. :P.

@sveciadash Hit the nail on the head! She wasn't a student there and might have brought more attention to herself by attending class. Actually when she was interrogated by Luna that would have been a time that her story would be blown. As with most movies you do have to suspend disbelief.

• Brohoof 1

Well, Twilight doesn't exactly have a class schedule, it's be weird for her to show up to some random class and not be on the roster let alone not even be registered at that school. And if Principal Celestia wants to call her parents, what's she supposed to say "Sorry, my parents are ponies an another dimension."?

• Brohoof 1

Twilight doesn't actually attend Canterlot High, and therefore; doesn't have a schedule/any classes to attend. Now, as for sleeping in the library; it doesn't look like the library gets many visitors (the only people there were the Cutie Mark Crusaders and Cheerilee), so I don't think anyone would see her. It also looked like she was sleeping in an upper level of the library like an attic or something, and I don't think many people go up there.

Your right you never see them in class but its probably because no one ever really is in class. you remember how at the beginning of the move when she said "What am I?' and then tons of kids went bye? they were going to class right? well then what explains 1 minute later there all in the hallway? exept te few kids in miss cheerlies class.

Edited by Brony Dash465

• 2 weeks later...

She wasn't enrolled in any classes.  Which then brings up the question, how was she allowed to participate in the dance and enter to be voted as the princess?  Pretty sure you'd need to be a student there to be qualified.

• Brohoof 3

She wasn't enrolled in any classes. Which then brings up the question, how was she allowed to participate in the dance and enter to be voted as the princess? Pretty sure you'd need to be a student there to be qualified.

Well you could say the same thing for Sunset Shimmer. She had no reason to be allowed in either, but that's when you have to dispend disbelief. You sorta have two choices: 1. don't worry about those details and press forward or 2. totally rewrite the movie.

Well you could say the same thing for Sunset Shimmer. She had no reason to be allowed in either, but that's when you have to dispend disbelief. You sorta have two choices: 1. don't worry about those details and press forward or 2. totally rewrite the movie.

Sunset Shimmer attended that school though, so she had classes and was a student.  Pinkie Pie made clear that human Twilight didn't even live in that city, so she was not a student.

Sunset Shimmer attended that school though, so she had classes and was a student. Pinkie Pie made clear that human Twilight didn't even live in that city, so she was not a student.

We never saw her in class and although she likely did register in some way, she clearly was not a real student there. Again, you just have to accept that nobody questioned her and that she was allowed to be involved with the dance. You could call it bad writing, but the move is all we have to go on and I'm not sure the plot hole can be fixed.

We never saw her in class and although she likely did register in some way, she clearly was not a real student there. Again, you just have to accept that nobody questioned her and that she was allowed to be involved with the dance. You could call it bad writing, but the move is all we have to go on and I'm not sure the plot hole can be fixed.

I'm one of those people that seek out the imperfections in shows.  lol

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well you know in the movie she never shows up for eny of her classes whats up whith that you know and then she sleeps in the libary come on you know wouldent you think some one would have notised she was camping out in the libary and skiping class you know?

Be careful!!That question is one of those who can't be asked due for the non-sense.

But now seriously,do you ask that,and don't ask,per example,what stupid and retarded plan is to use the element of magic to mind control students to conquer equestria? :blink: