Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hub says: Background character gets his/her own episode?

Meirno

Cause you say so.  PFF all your taunts the season premiere was filled with pandering and it was the best episode ever.

If it wasn't for the fan base rarity and apple jack would never even got lines if the writing staff was left to it's own devices.

If it was up to the fan base, the entire series would be about Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. AJ and Rarity would probably be written out of the Mane Six.  

• Brohoof 1

I really hopes its Derpy, just because they were talking about getting rid of her.. so why not give her a good send off? Like she moves in with Luna, since Luna wants a friend and Derpy also wants a friend..

i dont know, but i never liked DJ Pony.. so i hope not her

She was called Ditzy Do by name in Winter Wrap-Up, so I don't think it'll be her either. It'd be a fun episode if they did though.

If it was up to the fan base, the entire series would be about Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy. AJ and Rarity would probably be written out of the Mane Six.  

there are alot of rarity fans.

ALOT.  a health amount.

hell most reviewers think she's best pony.

The only problem with Vinyl getting the episode is that she's not 'officially' Vinyl, she's DJ-Pon3. Though Octavia is though,

Due to the nature of the show, its got to be a female background pony as while Snowflake would be amusing, he's not quite right is he? XD

Edited by Malinter

The only problem with Vinyl getting the episode is that she's not 'officially' Vinyl, she's DJ-Pon3. Though Octavia is though,

Due to the nature of the show, its got to be a female background pony as while Snowflake would be amusing, he's not quite right is he? XD

Yeah, the only other male option is Dr. Whooves, and I doubt they'd ever call him that in-show.  A Dr. Who parody is fun for fanon, but would feel very out of place in the actual series. 

I hope it's Derpy, keeping her true to her character but also giving her a episode which she teaches everyone a valuable lesson, or saves the day, that way it eliminates any thoughts of her being offensive. So we can see more of her in the future and not the rumors, that she is being pulled.

I'm gonna be completely honest if this back ground pony issue boils down to a us vs the anti back ground pony crowd,

and that's how it's feeling

"buck you and your derpy hooves FNGR!"

I'm gonna smile when i see Vinyle, or lyre get a bigger role.  I hope they talk and literally cut off a main character mid sentence.

It was alright.

It was a college student's project.  And how do you know he failed?

it's for my understanding that was for a grade.

mind telling me how you know what he got?

ps

(Bam).

Heck, the people who made it obviously dedicated a lot of time and effort, and I thought that for what they put into it that it ended up excellent.  (I know; run-on sentence.)  It was enjoyable to watch.  I wouldn't call it a failure in a million years.

• Brohoof 1

I'll be happy whoever it is and am looking forward to it.  I wonder if it'll be earlier, in the middle or towards the end of the season.  I also assume they may give the character the main name that fanon has, though maybe not. 

what they could have her in a bigger role and she still doesn't talk.

she could be mute.

Nah, she needs to talk to have the same personality the fans have given her. I'd understand Octivia being a mare of few words but not Vinyl

Edited by Malinter

Ever heard of Double Rainboom? it was filled with fan pandering which led to it failing

No, not really.

DR failed in a ton of different ways and "pandering" was not the reason why.

Some reasons:

-Plot wasn't well thought out.

-Writing was terrible, as were dialogue.

-Comedic timing(one of FiM most valuable areas) was completely off.

-Characters were all out of character.

-References for no reason and all the time. This is not actually pandering, btw.

Catering to the wishes of fans happened in ATLA and it actually helped the show at times. I've never seen a fandom as irrational about fan feedback as the MLP one. 

Pandering itself is a stupid term.

"To cater to the lower tastes and desires of others or exploit their weaknesses"

• Brohoof 2

it'll probably be Octavia or Vinyl. Vinyl already seems to have been accepted as a side character by Hasbro and Octavia seems to be the least..."weird", for lack of a better word.

A British-accented Doctor Whooves would blow up eternity, though.

• Brohoof 2

it'll probably be Octavia or Vinyl. Vinyl already seems to have been accepted as a side character by Hasbro and Octavia seems to be the least..."weird", for lack of a better word.

A British-accented Doctor Whooves would blow up eternity, though.

I just assumed we couldn't have the dr.

I mean that gets all my yes.  Cause that would hopefully get dery back in the door,.

I always thought of Octavia being vinyl straight man so to speak.  she's my third favorite musician, truth be told it is kinda odd no one in the main for a show so about music can play any kind of instrument,

just kinda odd. 

• Brohoof 1

I don't know if this has already been mentioned here but I don't think this is even possible by now. I once saw an interview with a voice actor and she said they finish recording several months before the episode airs. In fact, I think an episode actually first airs about a whole year after it's initial inception. So theoretically, all the episodes were done by the time the season premiered.

Edited by LatinoChurro