Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I can not reply

LordDiscord

I keep having this problem where I can't directly reply to a user, I can leave a quote but its only appears as a reply to the overall thread not the individual I am trying to talk to. What do I do or need to do to resolve this?

Could you provide a link to an example post of yours for which this occurred? You can find the link to a specific post by clicking the #n in the top right corner of each post.

• Brohoof 1

This isn't like DeviantArt or some such place where you can reply directly to a single post. If you could, entire threads would be created within threads and cause a severe lack of organization.

When you quote or mention a member, they will get a notification which links directly to the post you made containing the quote/mention.

Otherwise, if you want to reply to only single person about something, or have a one-on-one conversation, you can send them a private message and quote them in there.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't really replied since it started to happen, all I know is when ever I click on the quote Icon, it doesn't bring up the person I am quoting's post and instead the entire box is empty, so when I type a reply, it does not show who I quoted, just my post. 

Oh, well my bad I was under the impression that it at least gave me a notification that I was indeed replying to who I was quoting, thanks for clearing that.

• Brohoof 1

I haven't really replied since it started to happen, all I know is when ever I click on the quote Icon, it doesn't bring up the person I am quoting's post and instead the entire box is empty, so when I type a reply, it does not show who I quoted, just my post. 

Oh, well my bad I was under the impression that it at least gave me a notification that I was indeed replying to who I was quoting, thanks for clearing that.

Oh, I understand what you are saying now.

If I'm understanding things correctly, I believe you are simply pressing the wrong quote button.

There is the quote button as part of the text box where you input your entries, which simply gives you a quote box to fill in. Useful for quoting your favorite poet or some such person.

Then there is a quote button beneath each post. Click that button and it will copy the whole post into a quote box, add the users name along with a link to the quoted post, and then finally notify the poster you quoted that you in fact quoted them.

Check Spoiler for pictures.

Quote%20Problem%20Solution%20Thing.png

And just in case you are pressing that proper quote button and it's simply not working, then I can't really help much beyond that. If that's the case, there is likely some technical mumbo jumbo that is messed up somewhere, and someone with fancy Tech powers will have to look into it.

• Brohoof 6

Thanks for your help anyway, unfortunately I was pressing the button you said I should be pressing, so there must be some problem.

Are you experiencing this issue when accessing MLP Forums on a computer? If so, what is your operating system, and what browser are you using?

• Brohoof 3

Thats odd, i dunno why it would do that really. especially if your pressing the quote button.

I can't say i've had this issue occur really ever, except maybe on my ipod, and thats due to lag most of the time.

I dunno if i have much of a solution I can think of unfortunately. 

Maybe just do the good old Cache clean and restart computer? As cliche as it is its fixed quite a few issues i've had with all kinds of crap ;p. Not just here ;p.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

Some what but I decided to just ignore it. As long as the person I talking to gets my message I don't really care if their post appears in my comment box or not.

Alright. We will go ahead and leave your thread open for now, just in case a developer is able to fix this issue. If that happens, we will make sure to notify you.

• 1 month later...

This topic has been opened for over a month now.
If the problem persists, please contact myself or another Tech Support Staffer to re-open the thread.
For now, Im going to go ahead and lock it up.

Have a great day  ^_^