Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can you sing?

Kaneki

I like to think I'm a pretty alright singer.  Nothing too high though and nothing that holds a note for a very long time (so, nothing like Carry on my Wayward Son...but I still attempted it whenever I played Rock Band with friends anyway).  But give me something with a high pace and a medium to low pitch, I can usually get it down pretty good; stuff like Voltaire's When You're Evil and plenty of Disney villain songs are among songs I feel most competent singing.

Sigh, I'm around people I don't know very well far too often in my current life situation.  Currently the only opportunity I ever get to sing is in the shower.

Hm.. That is a hard question to answer, in my opinion eh, i dunno not exactly. I'm not comfortable singing in front of people really so I don't ever get an opinion from anyone.

I really only sing by myself in my room, or in Church. Otherwise I don't. Well and my Band teacher makes us sing notes and stuff because it helps us to play it better, but that doesn't really count :P.

I use to sing in my church choir up until I was like 9-10 I guess? I don't really know if I can sing, I mean I can sing pitches yeah,  but thats because I'm in band so I understand that type of thing, as for singing good, well I dunno, I hate my regular voice To be honest.. I dunno about my singing voice I'd need an outside opinion on that first. :P.

I do like to sing with my headphones in, or in the shower, because both places make me sound good :P. Actually you know what I sung on Rockband once.. At a family party, one of my family members told me that my voice was kinda middle so It didn't go very low and it didn't go very high, thats probably due to puberty and stuff, so oh well. Besides she knows nothing about music, Still kinda hurt my confidence.

So yeah, i'm not really sure, all I know is that I don't have the confidence in myself to make an opinion, and of course no confidence means no singing for outside opinions. I generally just tell myself I can't and others, but who knows.

All I know is, I really envy people who can sing :P. Like really good.

I think everyone's sung in the shower atleast once before :P, that doesn't make me a good singer for sure, but again who knows.

Ah, yeah, I know how it is to be really shy when it comes to singing. I really don't think I've had anyone hear me sing seriously. Heh. Singing in the shower sounds good too, but I haven't. I live in a really cheap, old house. The bathroom walls aren't tiled, unlike pretty much every house not built in the stone-age. So yeah, I haven't had the joy of doing that for as long as I can remember. :(

If you were doing a Rock Band thing, why did it matter if you only stayed in the mid range? Blame the Rock Band song then. But anyway, yeah, nothing wrong with singing like that. Hansi Kursch himself said that what mainly matters, is how you can use your two primary octaves! I myself don't even have my first two octaves down yet.

And yeah, it really does make me feel kinda sad about the other singers setting such high standards. Most of my favourite vocalists who aren't really impressive are at the least, tenors, which is higher. I'd rather be able to sing really high and not be able to sing "middle", rather than the other way around. Us baritones are in the middle, like you mentioned earlier. Whatever, just keep the two octave thing in mind. :)

• Brohoof 1

I can sing relatively well, it's still a work in progress though. I sing in that mid low to mid high range. Unfortunately, I can't sing like Bon Jovi anymore. I also find that when you've have been playing and learning music for many years singing comes a lot more naturally and it's a lot easier to distinguish between correct and incorrect. However, that could just be me. 

• Brohoof 1

I have a decent sense of pitch and I have some experience singing some pretty difficult stuff at choir festivals in high school. (Baroque music is ridiculous!) I have some opera training and classical training too. I was the lead singer of a rock band in high school and I sang quite a few different types of bands from Green Day to Red Hot Chili Peppers to 3 Doors Down. I am a true blue baritone and I can stretch up to tenor or sink down to bass if I really need to. I've had solos is high school choir and show choir. I've gotten lead roles with solos in every musical I've participated in since 7th grade. I also received the music department overall award my senior year, and was awarded 1st place in a scholarship contest demonstrating artistic talent out of over 20 people.

Not to show off or anything :D I just needed a little ego boost >.>

• Brohoof 1

Ah, yeah, I know how it is to be really shy when it comes to singing. I really don't think I've had anyone hear me sing seriously. Heh. Singing in the shower sounds good too, but I haven't. I live in a really cheap, old house. The bathroom walls aren't tiled, unlike pretty much every house not built in the stone-age. So yeah, I haven't had the joy of doing that for as long as I can remember. :(

If you were doing a Rock Band thing, why did it matter if you only stayed in the mid range? Blame the Rock Band song then. But anyway, yeah, nothing wrong with singing like that. Hansi Kursch himself said that what mainly matters, is how you can use your two primary octaves! I myself don't even have my first two octaves down yet.

And yeah, it really does make me feel kinda sad about the other singers setting such high standards. Most of my favourite vocalists who aren't really impressive are at the least, tenors, which is higher. I'd rather be able to sing really high and not be able to sing "middle", rather than the other way around. Us baritones are in the middle, like you mentioned earlier. Whatever, just keep the two octave thing in mind. :)

Well I can play an instrument, so even if I don't think I can sing and I probably can't sing that good anyways atleast I still have that to fall back on kinda. :P.

I dunno why it pertained to Rock band at all honestly, I don't even know why she was talking to me about my singing to be honest, besides that was atleast a year or so ago, I actually think I've got a ok range for when I do sing, whether it sounds good is another question I guess.

I'm content with just singing alone, that way I don't have to have anyone judge me about it anyways.

In all honesty, I really can not sing for crap :/

I would howeverr like to learn how to do so though but seeing that I barely ever use my voice for anything besides talking (and even that's a rare occasion...) it MAY be a bit difficut to do so :/

i like to think i sing like crap but people tell me i can sing well(i think they are trying to be nice) So when i sing its mostly to Alternative, all forms of metal, dubstep, and classical music like big band and swing.

I think I can, I've taken choir and stuff and sing along to songs I like, and like singing in music games like GH/Rock Band. I've actually had a friend describe my voice as angelic or something one time lol, not sure if he was serious though.

• Brohoof 1

I want to learn how to sing. I can, but I know nothing about it. So I can't say if I'm good or not. My school never has vocal for my grade because no one ever applies for it. So I always do visual art instead. Which is soooo stupid.

IM NOT SURE. BECAUSE I BARLEY SING. LIKE, I HAVE. SOMETIMES IM GOOD, AND THEN A DIFFERENT SONG AND IM %100 HORRIBLE. AND IM TOO EMBARRASED TO SING. IN UR ROOM- SOMEBODY WILL HEAR U IN THE HOUSE. OUTSIDE- NEIGHBOURS WILL HEAR YOU. SCHOOL- YOUR FRIENDS WILL HEAR YOU.

ITS IMPOSSIBLE! LOOOOL.

AND STYLE?

Absoultley ANYTHING! What ever is on the radio in my room! :P

But honestley, i much prefer pop. Because i know like, all of the today's hits. I'd just sing to any song if I know it!

-Pinkieeeee :) :blink:

• Brohoof 1

The short answer, I think, to this question is going to be "Yes, but only if certain conditions are met."

I've been told by a couple of my friends that I have a voice ranging in quality from pretty good to great. I didn't know this until recently, but I am a bass. I always thought I had a higher pitched voice than that, but I guess not. My falsetto adds around an octave to my range, which to begin with was 2 octaves and some change.

As far as actually singing songs, I can do pretty damn well on songs from Rock Band, provided I've heard the song before a couple times. I've never taken any actual serious choir or music classes, so I can't read music for crap. However, I can learn songs by ear and sing them on pitch pretty flawlessly, only an octave lower. For example, the song Roundabout by Yes is one of the songs I can do essentially perfectly, but I have to sing it an octave lower than it actually is, and I had to listen to it between 3-5 times to get it all right. I need lyrics as well, or else it takes a lot longer.

As far as style goes, I like to sing mainly classic rock/metal songs that aren't growly (sorry growly dudes). Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Dio, stuff like that. I like to sing anything that I like the lyrics to as well, like most of my FiM fan-made music. I also like to vocalize (I think that's the right word, since I hum them) lots of other stuff, like video game OSTs.

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I used to sing a lot but know I just play the string bass at school so I don't do singing anymore. I used to sing with a very high voice since I am good at manipulating vocals but now I have a very low voice and to sing with a high voice would just be awkward considering my normal voice and size.

• Brohoof 1

I can't sing worth anything. In the words of Justin from Pitch Perfect: "If I could sing a lick, in any human way possible, I would. But I can't. And I hate myself every day because of it!" 

I cant sing well, but that doesnt stop me. 

I honestly dont know how I sound. Ive done a few covers before, and I do sing with friends some time, so I cant be horrible. 

My training and natural talent as a musician has given me a decent sense of rhythm and timing so I can do okay but I don't have the best voice ever. If I really tried hard enough though I probably could do it.

• Brohoof 1