Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Buy MLP: Elements of Harmony or will there be updated version?

Twila Starshimmer

Dear Everypony:

I went to Barnes and Noble today and saw the beautifully done My Little Pony: Elements of Harmony. I was very tempted to go ahead and buy it, but I thought with the new season and recent release of Equestria Girls they might make an "updated" version?

Do you think this will be the case, or should I go ahead and buy it now?

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers!

-A Confused Pegasister. :squee:

I think there will be an updated version coming out soon due to the fact that the Tree Of Harmony was just inserted into the show. I'd expect them to debut it right at the end of Season 4, for the finale will most likely deal with those 6 keys that need to be gathered to open the small chest. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

@,

Thanks for replying! Yeah, I'm curious if they'll make a mega updated version of all of it or just make another book, so it'd be a continuation of EoH, maybe called "The Tree of Harmony," or something like that.

Not sure yet. Hmm.

Edited by Twila Starshimmer

Likely a second book. I mean, if I was Hasbro, I'd want people to buy the Elements of Harmony, AND the Elements of Harmony 2, right?

So it would make some sense if the two were separate books, rather than a combined one.

Just my personal take on the situation.

Also, having read the guidebook myself, I can say that though it contains some cool art and maps and stuff. I'd recommend it. ;)

• Brohoof 1

@@Dark Horn,

Yeah, unfortunately even for MLP I'm sure they can smell a profit from a mile away. *sigh*

Glad to know you like it! :yay: 

I wasn't sure as I noticed in the store when skimming through that a good chunk of the book appeared to be episode recaps; now, I don't remember many of the episodes as I watched them all at once in a matter of a week or so, but do they really help in any way, or are they just a waste of potential?

• Brohoof 1

@@Twila Starshimmer,

Umm... let me think... okay. Okay, I thought.

The first part of the book is about the world of Equestria and the Mane 6, then some other characters, and some concept art to go alongside. Following that is an interview with Lauren (the most informative part of the book and easily the best). Then are some... uh, other things... Please forgive the memory lapse... and then there are episode recaps with morals and song lyrics and quotes from the show's staff.

To actually fully answer the question, they were helpful to quickly look up an episode and its moral, but not much practical use, seeing as we can use the internet faster for such things.

I think that I would've liked something different there, if I wanted to nit-pick, but I'm not sure what exactly. :blink:

• Brohoof 1

Yeah, I figured. Well, hopefully when they make a new book (since they probably will), they'll have this one on sale or something since it's the first they made. 

Here's to wishful thinking! *clinks glass* :D

The very best kind of thinking. :lol:

• Brohoof 1