Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Could there be more elements of harmony?

Fluttashy

(edited)

I think it would be probable that there are more than just the six mane elements right? I mean Cadance is the element of love so its possible right? We have

Twilight: Magic

Pinkie pie: laughter

Fluttershy: kindness

Rainbow Dash: Loyalty

Rarity: Generosity

Applejack: Honesty

Cadance: Love

All the element weilders are female so why not have a few stallions in the mix? These are a few elements I thought of.

Courage

Knowledge

Faith

Hope

Truth

Peace

Edited by Fluttashy
  • Brohoof 2

I think that its just the 6 elements, because first of all it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have the 6 elements be mentioned then randomly add one into the mix.

Also the Elements don't work unless they are all present. So if one was missing this whole time then it wouldn't make sense.

Its a nice theory and I've thought about it before, but I don't think it could make sense.

• Brohoof 3

Element of Admiration: Scootaloo

Element of Wisdom: Zecora

Element of Guidance: Celestia

Element of Overblown Popularity Guardianship: Luna *cuz Dream Warrior and whatnot*

Element of Compassion: Shining Armor *lol Cadence & Shining Armor, Elements of Love and Compassion, watIdidthar*

Element of Sexiness: Spitfire

All I can do atm :3

I think that its just the 6 elements, because first of all it wouldn't make a whole lot of sense to have the 6 elements be mentioned then randomly add one into the mix.

Also the Elements don't work unless they are all present. So if one was missing this whole time then it wouldn't make sense.

Its a nice theory and I've thought about it before, but I don't think it could make sense.

Probable or not, the ultimate goal is to use your imaginationz to make up your own new ones :3

• Brohoof 3

This might sound weird, but I think Big Mac would be a good contender for truth. He always tells it. When AJ asked him if he thought she was promising things she couldn't keep, he replied with a firm "Eeyup." Plus it would funny since AJ is honesty and truth an honesty are very similar.

• Brohoof 1

I think it's very possible because they never need Cadance when they use the elements and she's the element of love which to me is a whole lot more important than the others. I could see the CMC having their own elements as well.

(edited)

How about: Logic, Reason, Compassion, Empathy, Wisdom

What about elements of disharmony or discord?

Hate, Greed, Lust, Avarice, Despair, whatever the antonyms of the harmonic elements are. The ponies could have more enemies to deal with.

Edited by BronyNumber42
  • Brohoof 5

Element of Admiration: Scootaloo

Element of Wisdom: Zecora

Element of Guidance: Celestia

Element of Overblown Popularity Guardianship: Luna *cuz Dream Warrior and whatnot*

Element of Compassion: Shining Armor *lol Cadence & Shining Armor, Elements of Love and Compassion, watIdidthar*

Element of Sexiness: Spitfire

All I can do atm :3

Probable or not, the ultimate goal is to use your imaginationz to make up your own new ones :3

Oh ok, um I got this... I'm gonna think of something...

Element of toothpaste: Colgate

Element of time: Dr hooves.

Element of Chaos: Discord

Element of manliness: Snowflake

Element of Clumsiness: Derpy

Element of following: Snips and Snails.(yes both of them have the same element, deal with it :P)

• Brohoof 3

Hate, Greed, Lust, Avarice, Despair, Hate, whatever the antonyms of the harmonic elements are. The ponies could have more enemies to deal with.

Oh! This is a great idea like the ponies very polar opposites! I love this idea and it would make a good fic if there isn't already one about it.

The anti ponies would have beards like the evil Spock in Star Trek, haha. But they could have darker colors, like black, red, gray, purple. I wonder what the physics of the elements is like. Can the ponies use their own elements alone, with a limited effect? Can you make different combinations of elements? Can other ponies have the same elemental power?

What is so special about the mane 6? It makes sense that Twilight has a destiny, but why the others? Perhaps any pony with a strong enough character can take on some elemental power.

I want to do one for Sunset Shimmer, but it's quite a bit spoilery, so beware if you haven't seen the movie yet.

The Element of Redemption. She said she was "so sorry," after her demon form was defeated, and that she doesn't know the first thing about friendship. She was then given the task of rebuilding the destruction she caused, and also to befriend the Mane Five. Sunset's change of heart may have been very sudden, but now we know there's good in her and that she's not pure evil. Princess Celestia claimed that Sunset would be issuing out a lot of apologies.

Redemption is the act of redeeming or atoning for a fault or mistake by making things right. Definitely a good quality to have. Maybe not wide-scale enough to be an EoH, but it's the best I've got.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hate, Greed, Lust, Avarice, Despair, whatever the antonyms of the harmonic elements are. The ponies could have more enemies to deal with.

I like this idea. 

Element of Deceit

Element of Greed

Element of Wrath

Element of Betrayal

Element of Despair

Element of Cynicism

Edited by hawkflame
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

There could be a break away group of ponies who live in a city far away from other ponies. Called 'dark ponies,' they are not evil. Rather, they are devoted to developing their own powers with no regard to others. They don't (usually) intentionally cause harm, but they also don't help others unless they get something in return. They eschew friendship and cooperation. They turned their backs on the teachings of Celestia. Who knows how their experiment will turn out?

I think it's possible that multiple ponies can be devoted to one element. Maybe the elemental charms, like what the mane 6 have, are created to help ponies tap into the elemental power that is inherent to the world.

Edited by BronyNumber42

I'm very much not in favor of adding Elements. They appear to come in a set and need all parts in order to function properly.

However, we have seen them change form, which implies to me that, in other incarnations, they may have had different names, slightly different focuses, or even - if I wanted to be really radical - were different in number. But I still maintain that they are all part of a whole and there aren't loose pieces laying around here and there. They would change together. So, last/next time around, they could be Charity, Hospitality, Fidelity, Verity, Levity, and Amity.

• Brohoof 1

I highly doubt they'll ever add more elements, because the six seem to work under specific guidelines, but it's an interesting theory nonetheless. As far as Cadence goes, I think she doesn't quite qualify as an element wielder. Love is merely what her type of magic is based on - like how most ponies have a few specific things they can do with their magic. Why was Cadence able to defeat Chrysalis? Well, because she's built her magic up to such a powerful point that it was effective, and possibly because Changelings are love-based as well. Also notable is that the Elements of Harmony have been wielded by Celestia and Luna, but Cadence's powers are hers and hers alone.

I wouldn't mind seeing more powerful magic like this in the show - Shining Armor having courage-based powers would be fitting, for example - but calling them Elements of Harmony would be a bit of a misnomer.

• Brohoof 1

I've got some!

The Ministry of The Element of Truth

The Ministry of The Element of Love

The Ministry of The Element of Peace

The Ministry of The Element of Plenty

In all seriousness, I think making more elements would simply devalue the ones already in use. They're special, and considered not only exemplars of society, but a weapon of great power. Though I guess there's room for several more exemplars, (Javik in Mass Effect 3 explained that in Prothean society there were certain avatars that represented a single virture, and his was vengeance.) I think once you get to around 7-8 bringing the 'Elements of Harmony' together to defeat a foe becomes a bit too unwieldy and prone to fail. Kind of ruins the point of it being a weapon if it's hard to use properly.

• 1 month later...

So what elements of harmony do you think are missing if any? do you think the six are complete or do you think there should be more of them? I for one think the list is complete but reading what lauren said in the elements of harmony fan guide on how she was choosing them, it spurred this question.

Now that you bring this up I wouldn't be surprised if in the future (Probably past Season 4) a new pony will be introduced with a new Element of Harmony to go with them. This probably would be near the end of the series if they were running out of ideas though, no idea what the Element would be though.

(edited)

I think they are fine the way they are. I can't see another element of harmony being created, if there was more they would have been mentioned before.

I don't think it'd fit with the show at the moment, that's all. It's not a bad idea, but it would be hard (for even the writers of MLP: FiM) to pull off.

Edited by Ashley

Element of Bravery. (I think this should go to Spike; he deserves one. Also, borrowing Rainbow Dash's element is dangerous.)

Element of Trixie. (Purely for comedic purposes.)

So what elements of harmony do you think are missing if any? do you think the six are complete or do you think there should be more of them? I for one think the list is complete but reading what lauren said in the elements of harmony fan guide on how she was choosing them, it spurred this question.

As much as I would love a new pony/dragon/zebra and a new Element of Harmony to go with them, I'm afraid I can't let you do that it just doesn't seem to fit the show at this time. ninjas =3="

I think they are fine the way they are. I can't see another element of harmony being created, if there was more they would have been mentioned before.

I don't think it'd fit with the show at the moment, that's all.

I, at most, certainly agree. We don't need a new character(as it could be anything) nor a new Element of Harmony.

I certainly can't think of a new Element we need.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think there are any missing Elements of Harmony that we didn't miss. If we did, the writers would have to clarify and explain on the missing Elements that were included but never mentioned. We don't need any more Elements, really.

I don't think a new Element Of Harmony would be introduced that easily. They have to be trusted and being able to be their friend. If so, who will it be?

I actually ment something different in asking this question. I dont know how to say it exactly but what do you look for in a friend? Like what characteristic is important in a friend like do you look at the elements of harmony as important characteristics or are more of them needed?