Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open A Darker Fate: Beyond these Walls Chapter Two.

The Elusive Cinder

Zintiik

@@SilverHeart,@,

"No, I've...  I've got to keep going."  Determination pushing him onwards, the changeling manages to get a second wind as he starts drawing on the reserves of energy he'd drained from Canterlot.  "Orion needs our help...  Now more than ever."  Starting to hover just off the floor, Zintiik again takes the lead chasing after the unicorn...

...Until reaching a stairwell seemingly flooded with more of the magical sparks.  Zintiik lands and stares at them, the same things he'd run into before that had messed him up so badly.  He glances at Mirror before looking at the sparks again, trying to figure out some way around them.  "This has to be the way he went...  Do you have any ideas here?"

Pavisa

@(Everyone >.>)

Making her way back through the caverns, Pavisa manages to lead the others to the rest of their group.  "Hey everypony, look who made it in out... of... the cold..."  Her words slowly trail off as she comes to stop next to Kingfisher, looking down the path towards the same flickering lights that were holding everyone else's attention.  "...Oh, buck me, don't tell me that's..."

A pulse of energy reverberated through the air - filling the cavern before it washed away like the tide. Something had happened...

Kingfisher.

Kingfisher shook her head again.

"He was unconscious the last time I saw him but... the other one did him in. He can't be that threatening after that..." Noted the sailor. "I'm more concerned about why he's here... If that is him."

She glanced behind her - noticing that she had unconsciously taken a number of steps towards the light. The demon-thing seemed to be watching them still as she just remembered that it was there.

"Okay, I'm really sick of things trying to kill us today. Just leave us alone so that we can get on with staying alive..." She grumbled at it. "Trust me - if that's what I think it is, you don't want to be slowing us down..."

---------------

Amethyst Void.

Perfect... there were more ponies ahead. Just when the day couldn't get any worse - as it was.

"Your kind can't get much softer, to be fair..." She snarked before catching the aura of a familliar essence and flitted ahead.

"Finally!" She declared - appearing at the far side of the jump to see a familiar form and numerous other ponies...

@@Midnight Scribbler,@@Nomadic,

Willow Starsinger

"I guess you're right.. Orion would probably yell at me again," Willow sighed, wincing at the thought. He's never shouted at her before.. Well, he has, but never like that. "I think I'm going to stay here then. I couldn't sleep at all last night," Willow plopped down on the ground.

"Good luck, Denarius. We'll catch up," Willow smiled tiredly, giving Denarius a hug. She slowly returned to a wall to sleep.

A pulse of energy reverberated through the air - filling the cavern before it washed away like the tide. Something had happened...Kingfisher.

Kingfisher shook her head again."He was unconscious the last time I saw him but... the other one did him in. He can't be that threatening after that..." Noted the sailor. "I'm more concerned about why he's here... If that is him."

She glanced behind her - noticing that she had unconsciously taken a number of steps towards the light. The demon-thing seemed to be watching them still as she just remembered that it was there."Okay, I'm really sick of things trying to kill us today. Just leave us alone so that we can get on with staying alive..." She grumbled at it. "Trust me - if that's what I think it is, you don't want to be slowing us down..."

---------------Amethyst Void.

Perfect... there were more ponies ahead. Just when the day couldn't get any worse - as it was."Your kind can't get much softer, to be fair..." She snarked before catching the aura of a familliar essence and flitted ahead."Finally!" She declared - appearing at the far side of the jump to see a familiar form and numerous other ponies...

ronin sighed as he watched amethyst flit ahead to what must've been where the others were. With a shrug he cracked his neck and followed in the direction to meet up with the others. "So, you guys look well. Glad your all okay... For the most part." He said, before looking up at the two eathral. For some reason he felt like he was going to form a rivalry with the one named shadow. Not only because he was skilled with a blade, but because amethyst actually seemed to like him. Either way, he was beginning to feel like things wouldn't end well. After a moment of glaring he turned to kingfisher "so, your the leader of the group am I right? Can you tell me what's going on exactly?" He asked

Denarius

@@Midnight Scribbler@@@SilverHeart, @

Denarius watched as Willow weakly hugged his body before returning to a wall to rest once more. The briefness of her caress felt calming giving him a sense of sympathy towards this naive little mare. Her bond with her brother reminded him of the now seemingly archaic bond he once shared betwixt his family. "Well, I guess you get to have it your way then Scribbler. I'll be certain to find and help your friends", he stated slightly exasperated.

He approached the descending cavern, looking back at Scribbler and Willow he merely gave them a nod and a few words before his inevitable descent. "Have fun you two". Denarius proceeded down the labyrinthine caverns. He lit his horn, the light from it was weak and barely beneficial. His emotions and thoughts had become conflicting. He had come this far just to sate his own indulgence, yet Willow and this group offered another path. Unsure what to do, he hit his hoof against the flooring in a mild fit of anger. The pain from his hoof stung slightly, but seemingly relieved some of his frustration.

Continuing down the path, glittering orbs of light began to hang in the air as he heard the chatter of muffled voices in the distance. He let the light dissipate from his horn. The chatter could of easily been the others. He would risk his chances, and approach the voices. The voices progressed forward slowly as he mirrored their steps finally with the two, now recognizable, ponies coming into his view. 

He tried to make his presence known before approaching. He was still conflicted, yet knew he had help stop Orion. "Do you two need any help over there"?, he tried to feign his usual attitude, not wanting to show any of his current self-doubt.

Edited by Nomadic

@,@,

White Eclipse

"What is all of this?? Could is possibly be... him?" Orion. That's a name he hasn't heard in what seemed like ages. They were once in a race with the stallion to collect the Litany of Magic. It was only a week ago, but he hasn't seen even a trace of the stallion since. Was he finally back?

Edited by Geek0zoid

Midnight Sky

Midnight was quite relieved that the others seemed to be in good shape for the most part, but once they got closer he was forced to reassess the situation. While seeing Shadow here certainly wasn't too disturbing, what bothered Midnight was the light that he could see up ahead that Fisher and Pavi were looking towards. It took him a moment to realize why the light seemed so familiar. "What in the name of Neighland could he be doing here? As if things weren't complicated enough, now we have to deal with this again as well." Midnight muttered as he walked up to stand beside Fisher and Pavi. Midnight wasn't too terribly concerned about Orion himself, but his reason for being here was another story. After losing the power of the Litany to Noble, Midnight couldn't see much reason for Orion to be this far north and in the middle of nowhere, but then he remembered something. Way back at the very beginning of this whole mess, Redwave had mentioned that there was another Litany Temple up near the Crystal Empire, which happens to be about where they are. That could mean that Orion might be here to try and regain some of his power somehow, which they absolutely could not allow. Orion's mental state had been bad enough at the time of their last encounter, any more Litany power could possibly push him so far into madness as to die, and while Midnight could care less about what happens to Orion he couldn't help but sympathize with how Orion's little sister would feel. After all, Midnight knew he was far more similar to Orion than he'd ever like to admit, the only big difference was that he at least wasn't insane, yet.

Midnight Scribbler

@,

@@Nomadic,

Scribbler watched Willow's expression as she mentioned Orion, how she worried about him yelling at her again. Turning his head, he gave a sarcastic grunt of a chuckle as Denarius commented "have fun". Fun was the last thing on Scribbler's mind. He let Denarius take his leave, muttering under his breath. "Good luck, Denarius.. I hope your fortune magic serves you better than your demeanor." He turned, seeing Willow had found herself a place next to the wall to lay down. He wandered over to her, and lay down next to her. The tunnel was far from warm, and if they were to rest, staying close by would be much better to maintain warmth while they rested. He smiled at Willow with a slight hint of melancholy. "Your brother truly does love and care for you Willow.. I know it. He is just... He needs help, and I'm certain Mirror and Zintiik can do their best for him. Mirror knows some very powerful spells. I have faith in her abilities." He laid his head down, closing his eyes, and listened to the sounds in the distance down the tunnel. He felt as though Willow was sort of like his own sister by this point, having been around her and Orion only a short time, but saving her more than once. He was there for her, and she had grown on him since he'd first met her. She was far too innocent to be dragged into this affair. Why Orion had brought her into this whole mess to begin with was beyond Scribbler's comprehension.. Yet, Orion displayed such overbearing protectiveness.. to a fault it seemed. He was more than a brother and guardian to her.. He had almost become a prison. "I am glad you chose to rest, Willow. After you collapsed.. I knew you were alright, but.. It is not healthy to push yourself like that. We are both beyond our limits." He opened his eyes again, to see her. He hoped she wasn't opposed to him stepping in like this. After all, it was a turbulent moment in the young mare's life. He was no replacement, and he knew it. He did not wish to try to fill Orion's place, but to soften the blow of her sudden loss.

@,@@Nomadic,

"As long as you're sure...." Mirror said as she followed after the changeling. Maybe it was for the best. Continuing on alone would probably have proven to be very dangerous. Still in his current state, Zintiik might not be able to help with much. When Zintiik stopped so did Mirror. She looked at the floating magic sparks, levitating one of the bits she had in her bags out. She lifted it in front of her "I'm guessing that this is the same trap that hurt you? What exactly do they do?"  Mirror asked. She had wanted to ask Zintiik if he was sure Orion had come this way. If it was a trap, it didn't seem likely that he would have come this way. Then again as a former Litany bearer he might be saved from the traps.

Hearing a somewhat familiar voice behind her, Mirror looked back to find Denarius approaching...without either Scribbler or Willow, "We might need help....where are the others?" she asked as she tossed the bit down into the stairwell.

Denarius

@@SilverHeart, @

"Oh they're fine just resting in the same spot. In fact, I believe it was Scribbler who suggested that I come to meet you. He said something about you might need a little extra help", Denarius stated readily. Uncertainty of his own choices still niggled at the back of his mind as he stepped forward closing the gap between the three. His eyes quickly noticed and shifted over to view the sorry state of Zintiik, what had happened to him? He face looked like it had been mauled by a manticore. "Are you okay there......." he hesitated. It felt odd and unsatisfying for the stallion to actually put another's interests above his own. "Zintiik go back. You should meet up with the others. You'll be safer with them, and possibly able to get some help", as the words escaped his mouth began to shift around, uncomfortable with what had just come out of it.

• Brohoof 1

@Midnight Scribbler,

Willow Starsinger

"How could he let himself slip so much?"
Willow sighs, quietly mumbling, [/i] "He still cares for me. He still cares for me. He still cares for me.."

Derpy in her own thoughts, she finally noticed Scribbler was talking to her again. She gave him a quiet nod, resting her head on the cave floor. "He'll be back, won't he?" Willow asked, not facing Scribbler but facing the opposite wall.

"He'll never be back if you just.. just sit here! Go and destroy the Litany! This instant!"

Willow winced as it seemed like somepony else has taken control of her mind. The darker thoughts and hers clashed within her mind, resulting with a flood migraines. She tried clutching her head, but it didnt do anything.

"We don't have much time! Go straight past those.. 'friends' in the way.. they don't matter! They won't get us any closer to the Litany! Aren't you afraid of losing your brother?"

Willow tried not to make it too noticeable. Scribbler was trying to rest, she wouldn't want to be a burden to him. She tried her hardest not to bother him by weakly lowering her hoof from clutching her head and listening to her own thoughts shouting at her.

She was actually considering some of these thoughts..

Edited by Shaymin
  • Brohoof 1

@

Frost was not aware of what Kingfisher had said to him, his thoughts had drifted elsewhere for a short time, he found himself thinking about the Litany, he thought about the power, but he shook it off, he was not going to fall victim to it's temptations of power and corruption. He shook his head violently and looked back to Kingfisher, "Tell me...what powers did he gain from the Litany? You said he took in some right?" he asked calmly

Zintiik

@@Nomadic,@@SilverHeart,

Zintiik shakes his head, not willing to go back.  He was actually feeling better now that he had drawn on the energy reserves he had stockpiled in Canterlot, if a little drained.  "I'm not going back without Orion.  I'm fine.  Just...  Don't touch the sparks.  I ran into one earlier and that's what left me like this."  

The changeling picks himself up off the ground, his wings buzzing quietly as he hovers and tries to find a route through the sparks.  He really didn't want to run into another one.  

@@SilverHeart,
@,
@@Nomadic,

As the coin touched one of the electrical stars, a loud, snapping sound was accompanied by an electrical crackle. As the metallic Bit was send rolling across the ground with a clinking sound, a thin trail of smoke rose from it. The spark was gone and it's light with it - but it was nothing more than a drop in the ocean of magic sweeping through the hall ahead of them.

Hundreds more lay suspended in the air - some drifting slightly and others staying in place. Thankfully, there was a good side to this: despite the obvious danger there was a clear trail leading towards the unstable unicorn - should a safe way to pass be discovered.

---------------

Kingfisher.

@@Frosty V, & The rest of the group

'If thats him, he's here for a reason...'

She thought to herself before making a decision. It wasn't strategic or even one that suggested she knew what sh was doing - simply on that felt like the right thing to do.

"I'll explain later!" Kingfisher flourished her sword in wide circle - letting it slide naturally back into position in the harness as the faint light ahead of them seemed to flicker slightly. The stallion had been intent on causing destruction before - whatever his reasons were, they couldn't be good. She started to move. "Come on! If he wants something here, then we do not want him to have it... "

There would be time to ask questions later - when they knew exactly what they were dealing with.

@@SilverHeart,@,@@Nomadic,

As the coin touched one of the electrical stars, a loud, snapping sound was accompanied by an electrical crackle. As the metallic Bit was send rolling across the ground with a clinking sound, a thin trail of smoke rose from it. The spark was gone and it's light with it - but it was nothing more than a drop in the ocean of magic sweeping through the hall ahead of them.

Hundreds more lay suspended in the air - some drifting slightly and others staying in place. Thankfully, there was a good side to this: despite the obvious danger there was a clear trail leading towards the unstable unicorn - should a safe way to pass be discovered.

---------------

Kingfisher.

@@Frosty V, & The rest of the group

'If thats him, he's here for a reason...'

She thought to herself before making a decision. It wasn't strategic or even one that suggested she knew what sh was doing - simply on that felt like the right thing to do.

"I'll explain later!" Kingfisher flourished her sword in wide circle - letting it slide naturally back into position in the harness as the faint light ahead of them seemed to flicker slightly. The stallion had been intent on causing destruction before - whatever his reasons were, they couldn't be good. She started to move. "Come on! If he wants something here, then we do not want him to have it... "

There would be time to ask questions later - when they knew exactly what they were dealing with.

ronin sighed, but followed regardless. "I've still got no idea what's going on..." He mumbled, before looking up at amethyst "if your as strong as you seem to be then they could really use your help in this. I'm next to useless against magic, but if you help them stop whatever that is I'll be in your debt." He said calmly

Amethyst Void.

@ & The rest of the group.

"You? What could I ever want from you?" Amethyst rolled he eyes. What would they come up with next? She had already told them that she would help them - why did they insist on their 'companionship' and 'loyalty' and 'debts'? It was kind of endearing... in a frustrating, idiotic kind of way. 
Good form them that it was her who had come here and not the other way around - they wouldn't last two minutes in Arcana.

"I already said I'd help - and what my terms were." She shrugged - flying backwards through the air. "You don't have to try and bribe me. I know what I'm here for."

Amethyst Void.@ & The rest of the group."You? What could I ever want from you?" Amethyst rolled he eyes. What would they come up with next? She had already told them that she would help them - why did they insist on their 'companionship' and 'loyalty' and 'debts'? It was kind of endearing... in a frustrating, idiotic kind of way. 

Good form them that it was her who had come here and not the other way around - they wouldn't last two minutes in Arcana."I already said I'd help - and what my terms were." She shrugged - flying backwards through the air. "You don't have to try and bribe me. I know what I'm here for."

ronin nodded and did something he rarely ever does: he smiled. Not a smirk, but a genuine smile. "Thanks amethyst. I'm sure with you and shadow's help we can save everyone. Your a lot better at this 'friend' thing then you give yourself credit for." He said happily

Pavisa

@,

Pavisa followed right behind Kingfisher, not about to let her friend go up against Orion without her.  "Umm, do we have a plan if this is Orion?  I'm sure he's not going to react well to the 'bandits' showing up again."  As they started to get closer she was able to make out other voices ahead - including one which she recognized as having a distinct buzz behind it.  Bloody hell, it is them...

Zintiik

@@Nomadic,@@SilverHeart,  

Zintiik watched the smoking coin roll away and smirked quietly.  "Great, now we only need about a thousand more bits, and...  Wait a minute!"  The changeling abruptly upturns his nearly empty pack, dumping out the bits that Denarius had insisted that he take back in the cavern.  Grinning, rather proud of his train of thought and not planning to actually use the bits for anything else anyways, he starts tossing them by the hoof-ful towards the sparks.  "If we just hit all of them, then we'll be able to make a path through the stairs, right?"

His voice trails off as he hears hoof beats approaching, turning to look at Mirror and Denarius.  He glances back the way they'd come, thinking it was Willow and Scribbler, before he realized that it was coming from the other path.  "Umm...  Did either of you order company?"

Eclipse and Blast

The group had began making their way towards Orion's location. Eclipse noticed that Blast wasn't doing too well. To give the stallion time to rest, Eclipse put the injured stallion on his back and proceeded up to the front of the group.

"How can you be so sure that our friend is here in the cave with us??" Eclipse asked Kingfisher as they were running.

• Brohoof 1

Shadow

@@,

Having drifted unnoticed to the roof after being disregarded in the face of a proper threat, (About time the ponies showed some sense.) Shadow drifted silently from his resting place (A few meters above Amethyst.) to tap her shoulder with his tail on the opposite side from him and point at the white pegasus with a pink mane and extremely feminine figure... Apparently he couldn't decide between male or female when he picked his form. "Check out the gender confused pegasus out front, i mean it sounds like a guy but that isn't a guy... Is it?" He then looks down on the swordspony with a clearly irritated look. "Seriously i've said it several times but i'll say it again. You. Have. Not. Bought. My. Help. Nor is it free."

Shadow

@@,

Having drifted unnoticed to the roof after being disregarded in the face of a proper threat, (About time the ponies showed some sense.) Shadow drifted silently from his resting place (A few meters above Amethyst.) to tap her shoulder with his tail on the opposite side from him and point at the white pegasus with a pink mane and extremely feminine figure... Apparently he couldn't decide between male or female when he picked his form. "Check out the gender confused pegasus out front, i mean it sounds like a guy but that isn't a guy... Is it?" He then looks down on the swordspony with a clearly irritated look. "Seriously i've said it several times but i'll say it again. You. Have. Not. Bought. My. Help. Nor is it free."

ronin's smile quickly melted and was replaced with a slight glare. "Fine, if you want to be so foolish then go right ahead. Amethyst should be more then enough help, so go ahead and watch for all I care. Or maybe your just scared of dying?" He suggested with a smartass smirk.

Aegis Dare

@@Tricksters Pride, @Team Brandy

Gender confused Pegasus… That remark struck Aegis like a brick to the face. He hadn’t been called a mare in a long time, but it didn’t hurt like it did back then. It just threw off his natural rhythm. “Wha-I-huh?” Aegis tried to say, unable to find the right words. He just didn’t know how to react to this. And it made him wonder why the others hadn’t said anything about his looks before.

@, @@Nomadic

Mirror walked over to the coin and picked it up, starting to examine it. It had only been marred by it...not destroyed. Mirror reached into her saddlebags and searched around for one of the bags of money. After a few moments of searching she pulled one out and emptied all of it's contents onto the floor. She used her magic to arrange them into a "wall" with as little gaps as possible before moving them towards the Sparks.

@, (And whoever else is with Kingfisher and Pavisa)

The sound of hoofsteps prevented her from attempted to clear the passage. Instead she dropped the coins onto the floor and looked down, checking her two weapons. With a flash of her horn both the harness and the weapons disapeared from sight.

Denarius

@@SilverHeart, @

Denarius watched as a thin trail of smoke billowed away from the coin. His nostrils twitched at the scent of the burnt metal. He looked up from the little coin to notice that it the hall was still filled with these little sparks. "Any actual plans, or shall we all wait here twiddling are hooves?", he muttered wishing for once to hear neither of them respond to his remark.

The others began to reach into their own bags intent on solving the problem at hoof their own way. Zintiik's 'method' lacked any subtly or substance. Denarius rolled his eyes. Simply hurling whatever spare change they had at the problem would likely not completely solve it. He gazed intently at the odd-mare as she constructed a little wall of coins. She was clearly focused on trying to push her way through the magic. The makeshift wall inched slowly closer to the sparks until they fell, clinking against the hard surface of the stone.

A host of hoof steps rattled off in the distance. Denarius' horn glowed as he let his magic clasp the sheathed dagger hidden beneath his cloak. He grew on edge and defensive. In Las Pegasus or Canterlot such noise would of been welcoming, but out here it made him nervous and a little jittery.

Edited by Nomadic

@

Frost drew his bow and took off into a gallop behind Kingfisher, looking around, the reason for this was unknown to him, maybe just to check on the others with them. He drew his bow once more and drew back an arrow an kept it pointed forwards, ready to shoot.