Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning [Planning] Harmony and Paradox

Espionage

Posted Image

This is an idea and a new device called the Paradox Elements that I had in the works for a few weeks, working out the kinks every time I had some spare time, and perfecting it. I was going to write a fan fiction about it...which I am, but later on.

This is a semi-action, political and philosophical RP. It will delve deep within every single Element of Harmony and every value they represent. It will also deal with the political aspect of Equestria in a very violent and somewhat poetic way through means of a revolution going on.

So here's the world of Harmony and Paradox, summarized in my words:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There are six Elements of Harmony. I think you can name them all already. For reference though, they are:

Kindness

Generosity

Loyalty

Honesty

Laughter

Magic

But during the time when Discord controlled Equestria and the surrounding regions, he became aware of the Elements of Harmony. Obviously, as history tells, Discord didn't have enough power to counter it. However, his theory was that using an equal, opposite force of the Elements of Harmony, it could nullify both sets and Discord's own magical powers will then reign supreme once again.

So Discord set to work his followers to research any opposing reaction to the six Elements. After 20 years of research and invention, they created the Paradoxes. However, as they were filled with unbridled chaos, nopony became their bearers. To rectify this, some forms of Harmonious magic was thrown in to both stabilize the Paradox Magic and to make their bearers more useful and subservient to Discord.

The six Paradoxes are as follows, along with the respective Element of Harmony they counter.

Paradox of War -> Element of Kindness

Paradox of Wealth -> Generosity

Paradox of Revolution -> Loyalty

Paradox of Persuasion -> Honesty

Paradox of Emotion -> Laughter

Paradox of Kings -> Magic

However, the six Paradoxes were never truly embedded as Discord fell to Princess Celestia before the Paradoxes could be sown within the bearers. Their fragments then became part of their genetic code, being passed on from parent to child. Unwilling to kill off six different family trees, Celestia split them off to all corners of Equestria.

The Six Paradoxes are never to be brought together. The Sixth Paradox should never see the light of day. For when the five are present, they will kneel before the sixth, whom shall sing a song that will call forth the Elements of Harmony to do battle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This RP is going to be of a few major stages:

Stage 1 - Discovering and Finding the Paradoxes. The Elements of Harmony will be involved with leading a hunt for the person who wants to bring the Paradoxes together. Paradoxes and their followers will hear the call of the Paradox of Kings and start to group together.

Stage 2 - The Paradoxes come together and the Paradox of Kings sounds the horn to start the revolution. The Paradox Faction is risen, composed of the followers of the Six Paradoxes

Stage 3 - Revolution. Several ponies side with the Paradox Faction either because they're sick of Celestia (for some absurd reason) or out of admiration/fear

Stage 4 - Final battle between Elements of Harmony and the Six Paradoxes. Twist ending.

• Brohoof 1

Interesting! :D I need to think about it though, in addition to the RP's I'm involved in on here I'm in a couple others outside. AWESOME IDEA THOUGH :D

The four Rps I was in all died :( Well, means I have room for more.

This sounds awesome, I'll definitely join this one!

Edited by Aureity