Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Camera Rules

kuran2010

Not sure about camera types, but one of the staff members told me pictures and video are allowed during panels and forums, but not at autograph signings. If it's anything like the other con I went to, I'm assuming anyone in cosplay will allow pictures if asked (I will).

No photos of the autograph sessions at all?

I thought that the protocol was that we could not ask the guests to take the time for a personal photo, but that we could take a photo of the guest signing our item being autographed.

My Question - 2) Are we able to take pictures with them? If so, will that cost?

Answer from Staff: Not this year, sorry. However, if any VA decides to go out on their own time outside of panels and autograph sessions and chill with fans, that is their business. But if you see them with staff, those are probably liaisons and the VA is probably on their way somewhere. If a VA is with staff, please be respectful of their space and leave them alone for the time being.

This was the reply given to me before my staffer MyLittlePonyTales (keep in mind, this was asked about 2 months ago or so - things might have changed). Hopefully this staff member or another can give more clarification.

I thought that the protocol was that we could not ask the guests to take the time for a personal photo, but that we could take a photo of the guest signing our item being autographed.

Well, if you have a camera in your hand, how are you going to get your stuff off the table quickly and allow the next person to get their things signed? I am not sure of the rules on this at this time, but you can ask a staff member in the autograph room when you get there for an official answer. You'll have to talk to someone in order to get your voucher for your autograph(s), so kill two birds with one stone.

No pictures, just autographs. Answer is still the same as last time. :)

Well, if you have a camera in your hand, how are you going to get your stuff off the table quickly and allow the next person to get their things signed? I am not sure of the rules on this at this time, but you can ask a staff member in the autograph room when you get there for an official answer. You'll have to talk to someone in order to get your voucher for your autograph(s), so kill two birds with one stone.

No pictures, just autographs. Answer is still the same as last time. :)

I was just quoting my question with your answer to answer the question at hand. I do not have the money for autographs - too expensive for simply an autograph - maybe next year depending on what the circumstances are.

Not sure about camera types, but one of the staff members told me pictures and video are allowed during panels and forums, but not at autograph signings. If it's anything like the other con I went to, I'm assuming anyone in cosplay will allow pictures if asked (I will).

Does this apply at the Museum and the Ponystock concert as well? I have a feeling that I will be taking the most picture over there.

That sounds like you're making the assumption that everyone will be alone. ;) One person can hold and distribute items, while the others takes a photo. That's how we've worked it before.

But we'll ask on arrival for the rules.

Does this apply at the Museum and the Ponystock concert as well? I have a feeling that I will be taking the most picture over there.

Yeah, pictures there should be fine. Just keep in mind that if a staff member says put your cams away or you see signs saying no photography, don't push your luck.

Well, if you have a camera in your hand, how are you going to get your stuff off the table quickly and allow the next person to get their things signed?

It also sounds like the assumption is being made that everyone will have a bulky professional camera. ;) Little point-and-shoot cameras usually have a wrist band. You literally can just point, *click*, and let go of the camera (hands free!) in less time than it takes the VA to sign their name. Although, agreed, we'll have to verify how strict the rules will be when we get there. I for one will not want to violate them.