Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Baltimare: City of Lies

Demirari

@,

Atlas shrugged. "Might as well. Lead the way"

He took out his revolver and followed the detective to the building. Atlas really hoped this building had high ceilings so he could hover instead of walk. He looked down at his cutie mark. A black star? What could that mean? Atlas dismissed it and followed him.

@@Suitaloo,

Gloom picks up the glass and takes a drink. "Thanks. And I'm not from here. But I do live here now." He looks around a bit ad the small handful of ponies in the bar. "And I see what you mean. And that's a real shame." He looks back to Malt. " And I'm sure you put in a lot of effort into running this place. And with the money hungry politicians passing the booze tax. They're pretty much making you lose your business. And I don't think that's right." He takes another drink, looks at the glass and nods. "This is some good stuff."He looks back at Malt. "It would be a real pity if a place with good quality booze like this would to be out of business. Maybe I can help you out."

"Really now? And how would that be?" Malt asked, smirking, since he already probably knew the answer. "The problem is, my main supply will be heavily taxed. I suppose I could have some moonshine brought in from the Equalatians, but there would still be the problem of a place to do business. Somewhere tax collectors can't knock on the door."

Black Star lead Atlas to the top of the building where the sniper had shot the round. 

"This is the perfect position where someone could easily set up a rifle and have a perfect over-look of the lobby,"  pointing to a position on the roof that overlooked the murder scene. 

Trotting over to it, he noticed a crate placed close by and an empty shell laying on the ground.  Picking up the shell, He turned toward Atlas and asked, " You see this, its the case to a .45 caliber. Its made out of copper. This is not you everyday bullet. This specific bullet brand is manufacture in the industrial district by the company named EGA co.(Equestrian Guns Ammo) and is hard to get your hooves"

"What is in this letter anyways," Cryptical Code said as he opened the letter, having a large amount of trust that Frozen won't spill out the secrets or anything that will compromise him.

"Mayor, we have a problem," the Mayor's secretary spoke as she entered the Mayor's office with news. 

An old-aged stallion looked up from his desk, he spoke, "What is it?"

The secretary explained the news, the Mayor's face slowly turned into shock as he got up, he spoke urgently, "Quickly we have to go."

"It could still be dangerous sir, the murderer-" the secretary was cut off as the Mayor stormed off, already he was tailed by police officers, the secretary whispered to herself before following, "Could still be there."

@

"EGA huh? I've heard of the company" Atlas was deep in thought. "Why would they preform a hit on a city council member? Not to much is to be gained from it" He stopped for a moment.

"This quastion may be out of line but... would happen to know anything about the murder earlier today? Was it a mob hit?"

Edited by Airbornepony

(edited)

The police officers at the scene of the assassination of the city council member saluted as the mayor arrived angered. The mayor looked at the police officers before speaking, "Where is the body of the city council member?" The officers immediately gave way and led him to the body of the city council member.

The mayor uncovered the body, being tears started to rain down free, he spoke with a tone of loss, "My friend."

The officers looked around, not wanting to disturb the mayor of the city.

Edited by Demirari

@@Suitaloo

Gloom smirks himself. "I happen to know a place were you can set up shop. It's down town. Up front it look like a normal restaurant but under neath it is a room bigger then your fine place right here. "He points around his bar." And it can only be entered though a staircase from the ally behind the building. But it also has a quick exit though the restaurant from a cellar door on the floor where you'll get you supply. Just in case. I got friends in city hall you can get the papers. And I know a guy who can can get the job done building you a place. And all you'll have to do is run the place andmake the orders for supply. Sure most who make these kind of deals usually take full ownership and just us you as hired help. But I'm a nice guy and trust is always important. Well shear ownership of the restaurant but the bar is yours. And we'll split it 60/40. But the rest goes to my family. So what do you say?"

"The bullet was not fired from anybody working for EGA. It was fired by someone who had their bullets. And Mobsters usually use .45 caliber for their size and power. Plus the copper casing is hard to come by, and most likely you would need somebody on the inside to get you a shipment. 

I would bet that a mobster who had some connections in EGA had fired that gun." 

Edited by The True Black Star

"Well i guessed that. I'm talking about that murder earlier today not. It was on the news. Some nobody downtown was killed. That's the murder I'm asking about"

OOC: My description was vague. I was asking about the murder of Atlas's friend at the begining. The friend who was in trouble with the mob.

"That murder was taken by another detective in the office next to mine. I believe it was classified as homicide last time I check the files. All I am aware about was that it was murder, by who, Im not sure. I would have to go check the report to see if they've made and lee way. "

OOC: Ok

"Alright, thanks for the help. This city council guy? Was he know to have any debts to the mob? I happen to know the families are collecting there debts one way or another" He ajusted his fez and put his revolver back in his pocket. He was also still hovering as his leg still hurt.

"60/40? That's %100 right there. Where's the money that goes to the family come from?" Malt asked, curious. "It sounds like a fair enough deal for me. I've actually got a plan in case of a possible investigation. You know how in churches them Zebra preachers will be going crazy about how alcohol is the devil and whatnot? Well, with a bit of work, we could have some pews stashed along with a pulpit. Have some hidey-holes for all the booze and bottles and whatnot, and then when the cops come in, I'll be standing up on the pulpit preaching about the 'devils water'." Malt laughed at the thought. "Sounds like a fair enough deal to me anyways, I think we're in business." Malt said, extending a hoof to the Mafioso.

"I have not looked into the motivation for murder, as I had arrived on the scene an hour or two ago. But I have a way to find out who had kill the council member if the mob was really involved. "

Walking to the door leading down, Black Star turned towards Atlas and said, "I'm going to break into EGA and steal there sales records. They're the biggest ammo and gun retailer in Equestria, and they're bound to have some tight security. You in?"

"We had plans, so many plans, I see now that the criminal scumbags have acted first," the Mayor said angrily as he covered his friend or city council member. He turned toward his secretary, "Quickly back to my office, we have plans, many, many plans to crack down on the mob."  

@

"Why not? When do you want to do it? If you want to do it now I can. Besides this could be a lead in a little investagation of my own" Atlas said with a smirk. He hadn't been on something steathly in some time.

"Do you know what kind of security they've got? How many guards? Anything really"

Edited by Airbornepony

"Meet me tomorrow night 9:30 exact at the little speackeasy owned by Draco. There we will discuss plans on how to get in, get the files, and get out."   

Black Star turns back towards the door and opens. Turning back to Atlas on last time, he says

"You can bring someone if you want.."   With that, The Black Star descends the stairs and disappears into the night.

Atlas weighed his options as he flew through the night. He could bring News Runer along but he didn't want him to get hurt. He landed at one of the nicer hotels and got a room on the ground floor. He would sleep on it and make his choice in the morning. This was not over. He would find who killed his friend.

@@Suitaloo,

Gloom laughs, takes Malt hoof and shakes it. "Fantastic! And the money to the family is some of my own profit. So I'll just be getting 40% like you. Which I don't mind. Greed ain't in me. Plus we'll fully equal. And that idea sound great! And I think my guy can make it happen." Gloom lets go of his hoof and takes another drink." Oh, by the way. I never introduce myself. I'm Gloomfury. A capo of the Fottolie family. But you can call me Gloom or Fury. It's a real pleasure."

'Huh. Sorry about him, hes a bit jumpy for some reason. Aliens, zebras... that kinda stuff. Anyway, that mob guy is probably back, and if not, hey. We might go in anyway.' Runner said, cracking a small smile. 'Im sure he wouldn't mind anyway.'

Runner then walked across the apartment to where Storm Runner had gone after everything had calmed down, bumping him a little. 'We already met one mafia friend. Go make some more?"

(edited)

"Here's the plan and we're going to keep this quiet," the Mayor spoke in front of his trusted city council members and the police high brass. He spoke as he looked at each one of them, "Operation: Clean will be a go tomorrow, this city shall be mob free or I'll die trying!" The ponies around him nodded their heads in agreement. The city is practically corrupted and that will not do.

If everything goes according to plan, the city will be pure. Though it'll take a long while with the laws and all. But damn it was the mayor determined. His friend died and it was probably the mob, vengeance was due.

(Another event will be up soon. Dealing with this. Just a heads up.)

Edited by Demirari

@

Atlas couldn't sleep at all. He tossed and turned. He knew somehting was wrong, but what? He jumped out of bed put on his coat and got out of the hotel. He flew to News Runners apartment to check on him. Besides there were anwsers to give. He gracefully landed in front of the building and galloped to his apartment. He pounded on his door.

"News Runner! You there!"

Edited by Airbornepony

@

Storm Runner had gone home earlier. Even with all of News Runners pushes, both agreed enough was enough for one day.

Runner heard a voice knocking, waking him. 'Urhmen...' he grumbled, getting up. Pushing to the door, he opened to find his friend Atlas.

'A-Atlas? Whadda ya doin here so late?' he said groggily. Remembering todays events, Runner got a burst of energy. 'Oh Celestia, something didn't happen, did it?' Runner said worriedly, looking to his friend.

Edited by Applesack

@,

Once the door opened a rush of relief went over him.

"Thank Celestia your alright. I just had a gut feeling something was wrong... I just wanted to check on you. Anyway we need to talk. You have questions and so do I and i have bad news. A city council member was assainated. A few hours ago"

@,

Once the door opened a rush of relief went over him.

"Thank Celestia your alright. I just had a gut feeling something was wrong... I just wanted to check on you. Anyway we need to talk. You have questions and so do I and i have bad news. A city council member was assainated. A few hours ago"

Runner sighed at this news... more killings each day. Looking to his friend he invited him in and switched on the lights of his small apartment. 'I sure do have some questions! What happened? How does this connect to me? Why are you telling me this?' Runner blurted out before even sitting down. He regret it instantly. If anypony had heard him...

@

"Keep your voice down. We don't want to wake the whole block! Why I'm telling you about the killing, well me and a detective are are sneeking into a gun factory to get some documents because of it. Let's get inside your apartment, it's more private. So ask away" He said tired.