Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Baltimare: City of Lies

Demirari

|Before This RP Starts, Note That We Are Still Accepting OC's|

Welcome to the ever growing city of Baltimare. Here, if you started here or is arriving here, keep one thing in mind. Not everything seems to be as it is. Despite the warm welcome of the inhabitants of the city, there is a hidden side. A side of which grows plans of domination, murder, assassination, political play, and all crimes possible. Now it is up to you to decide the city's fate, will it be free of crime or be corrupted beyond saving?

_________________________________________________________________________________

Event:

A new legislation was recently passed by the Canterlot government and signed by Celestia herself. In this legislation, anyone serving alcoholic beverages will have to sign a agreement with the government on the terms that they must pay 20% of their total profits to the government. Anyone that did not sign the agreement with the government and is selling alcoholic beverages will be fined 2,000 bits and be sentenced one month in jail. 

One of the noble elites told the reporters, "This is to curve our problems with alcohol, we have too many ponies selling alcohol and this is destabilizing the economy." However many ponies are skeptical at this and many claim that this is a way for the Canterlot government to cash in on the profits of the lower-classes. Others claim that while the amount of ponies selling alcohol is a fact, this is not the way to stop the issue.

It is not known if this legislation will prove its effectiveness in curving the amount of ponies selling alcohol. 

- Baltimare News

_________________________________________________________________________________

News Runner woke up and began to start his day. After picking up some food and running to the newspaper stand, he looked at the papers.

"They signed a legislation for this? Jeez, I didn't know it was this bad! I won-"

His thoughts were cut off by his boss yelling at him to get to work. He started his deliveries...

Malt had just finished his morning coffee. It was a nice morning. Calm, not too hot, not too cold. He went out and grabbed the newspaper with his magic. "%20 tax on all alcohol sales? Bloody hell..." Malt sighed. He had hoped this day would never come. He knew it would eventually though. He never trusted the Canterlot types. Always wanted to get their grubby hooves on everypony's hard earned bits. His pub barely survived on the money it already pulled in. With this tax, there would be no way he could make enough bits to survive the next year. He didn't need to think too hard about it, it was time to go underground. Luckily, he knew a few ponies in the local family who could probably supply him his cider, ale, wines, and spirits, but getting tangled up in the mob was a tricky business. Once he was in, he'd likely never be able to get out. Not that he didn't approve of what the family did. Some ponies just have things coming to them. Sometimes the law was just wrong, like it became today.

He made his decision. He decided to start a speakeasy.

Cryptical Code drank his coffee as he sorted papers of importance on his desk. He levitated the newspaper to him as he read it slowly. He raised one of his eyebrows as he continued on the main story of the legislation being passed by the Canterlot Elite. He got up slowly and looked out of the window, "Those greedy noble inbreds," he muttered as he finished drinking his coffee.

News Runner was taking his route when he bumped into a brown unicorn. It's mane and tail was a light red. Runner also managed to hear him mumbling something. 'Sorry...' Runner said, picking up his stuff and starting to go back to his route. He walked away slowly, since he had some more building on this road.

"All off for Baltimare!" Atlas adjusted his fez and stood up. He got of the train from Manehatten feeling refreshed. Until he got a smell of the city air. He gave a cough and started on his way. As he left the station he stopped at a news stand. He paid his bits and took a paper.

"So the big wigs actual did it" He thought of all the people he knew who were about to hit hard times. He checked his jacket pocket for his trusty revolver and then his saddlebag to make sure he had everything. He flapped his wings and flew to his friends home in the middle of the city. He came to a less than graceful landing as he hit his crippled leg on landing causing him to flinch. Police stood in front of the townhouse with police tap behind them.

"What happened?"

"A pony was killed last night in cold blood" Atlas knew who said pony was.

"Who did this?" He asked coldly.

"We don't know" He said with a frown.

Atlas took flight again with a new mission.

Edited by Airbornepony

Hurrying back home, Runner entered his small apartment. After a long work cycle, he was ready to relax! Flipping on the radio and throwing his saddlebags onto their hook, he listened to the news.

'Last night a pony was killed in cold blood near town hall. Police are looking for the killer now. Unfortunately, no suspects have been made. Now a word from our sponsors...'

Runner was alarmed at this. 'Oh Celestia, everything is going wrong.' He mumbled. It was honest, bars were closing, gangs were forming, and more ponies were being killed. Runner was exhausted. He collapsed on the couch, attempting to nap.

Cryptical Code finished dressing himself up, which was rather odd for a pony, considering them being naked 24/7, but Cryptical Code preferred to look professional. Walking toward his desk, he took a small knife in the third drawer and pocketed it in his left chest pocket. He opened the door with his magic and exited, not before closing it. Greeting his fellow apartment neighbors he exited his apartment and took to his left. 

Walking out of his apartment, News Runner needed some stuff. He began running to the stairs, however he bumped into an odd pony. He had a slight bump in his left pocket. He seemed to be going to a meeting or something like that. Looking up, Runner apologized.

'Ive been *really* clumsy today... sorry.'

Standing up he extended his hoof to the business pony.

@,

"Its fine," Cryptical Code said as he accepted the hoof invitation from News Runner, "Now excuse me, I have a meeting to attend to, I must be leaving." Cryptical Code immediately continued his course, annoyed that he had wasted a few seconds of precious time due to somepony accidentally colliding with him.  

News Runner went inside his apartment. If he stayed out he'd probably just hit someone again. He wondered where he could get what he needed. Asking a neighbor, he got it...

It was lettuce

He ran into that business pony for...

Lettuce.

'Today has been fun...' Runner mumbled under his breath.

Renatus slowly woke up in his apartment and after giving a small yawn. He turned to read his clock and noticing the time he shouted, " Oh buck!, I going to be late." as he quickly shifted into a blue pegasus with a grey mane before rushing out his apartment, hoping to make it the meeting on time.

Edited by Blacklight01

Runner decided to leave, again. Walking out and being *extra careful* he stepped out into the street. He went to the local bar. Opening the door, he saw many familiar faces. Walking up to the bartender, he actually wasn't sure why he came here. Oh well, he thought, maybe it'll advance the story. Of my life... of course...

He didn't even realize what he was talking about. 'Stupid voices...' he mumbled, still his usual self.

Atlas walked into the bar. The bar. Always a good place to find gossip. As he walked to the bartender a few ponies gave him a look. He couldn't tell if it was because of his bright red fez or simple because he was new. He but two bits down.

"Suprise me" he told the bartender

"It'll cost more than that" said the pony eyeing the bits. Atlas put down two more bits down. The bartender swiped up the bits and gave him a mug. Atlas took a sip. 

"Not bad" Now to get to business. He turned to the pony next to him. (That's you Applesack)

"You hear about the murder this morning?"

Edited by Airbornepony

Runner turned to the voice calling him,

'Yeah. Real bad. Things are getting crazy around here. Gangs, the tax, killings... So what's your story? Why are *you* in this city of craziness and lies?'

News Runner ordered his usual- apple cider with a pinch of their special juice. It was quite good actually.

"Meeting ends, everypony knows what to do till the next meeting," a figure hidden in the shadows spoke before departing. The rest sitting at their respective seats slowly got up before leaving, no further discussion was needed for them. Cryptical Code, one of them left the building, looking around, he decided to see if there was any good bars near by. 

"I'm was here to help a friend but let's just say there was a problem... (looks at glass a moment) I need some information. Do you know where to find anyone with connections in the mob? They did something to my friend I need to sort out."

Atlas took another sip from his drink while he waited for a response.

Runner was puzzled by he question...

'Uh, no. Though if they dress like business men... I think I may have one in my apartment.'

Runner eyed him and realized something.

'Hey, I never did get your name. My names News Runner, pleasure to meet you.'

Runner took another sip.

"Name's Atlas. nice to meet you too" He says pleasantly. "Do you know anything else about this man? His job? Friends? Anything? Also if you don't want to take about this it's alright. Gangsters and the mob is a touchy conversation piece"
Note: I don't know if you know this but the mob is another word for gangsters in the 20's

You might need this too:http://mlpforums.com/page/roleplay-characters/_/atlas-r5445 It's my OC

Edited by Airbornepony

'I really don't know much about him. I just saw him in a hurry and bumped into him. He had... a bump in his left pocket. He had a tie... he was white. That's all I really know. It's a bit of a touchy subject but I can handle it. You want anything else, drink-wise? It's on me.'

Runner pushed his now empty glass away from him.

(I know. I'm a huge history buff, and I know a lot bout prohibition era stuff)

" Well that's troubling .." Renatus muttered to himself as he exited the back room after barely making the meeting with the mobsters. A murder and everypony's pointing fingers...and the tax, it going to cause more harm than good...he was pulled out of his thoughts however. When he overheard a stallion siting nearby mentioning something about needing to talk to the mob. Immediately suspicious, Renatus, decided to sit nearby the stallion and ordered a drink as he kept the stallion in the corner of his eye. 

moonlight was sitting in the couch she listened to the radio the murder didn't worry or impress her at all she knew it it was gonna happen one way or another. she decides it would be nice to take a walk outside without hiding her wings and eyes to see how will the ponies react to her.she wears a fedora inside the fedora is a dagger just in case if anything decides to attack. she trots outside looking around.

Runner turned to the stallion that he heard pull up behind him.

'Hey. I'm News Runner. You want anything? I'll pay.'

Runner ordered another Special Apple and put the bits down. After taking another sip he turned to the pony once again. He felt very awkward for some reason.

"Oh...hi..." Renatus said awkwardly, surprised that he had been discovered so quickly, "...the name is Storm Runner and as for my drink. I'm fine, I can pay for it." Though as he talked to News, he made sure to keep the other stallion in the corner of his eye at all times. What was that suited stallion he was speaking of earlier...he thought as his drink arrived.   

Edited by Blacklight01