Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Baltimare: City of Lies

Demirari

After entering the building, Cryptical Code started to walk up the stairs. He'll have to work fast and quick. Set up position, shoot at shadow of the city councillor and abandon position after checking if the city councillor died. Tick tock was all there is in his head as he climbed to the empty level of the building. There was no one here for the next hour or two.

Edited by Demirari

Frozen casually trots to the speakeasy with a cart filled with ice, looking worriedly around for any police, "Uh... hello everypony... I have a delivery for somepony named Draco, would you please point him out to me so that I can get out of here? I have several deliveries to make today..."

"Hey Frozen over here," Draco said finishing his song. It sounded just about right to his ears. "How have you been Frozen your job been stressful?" Draco asked kindly as he walked over to her his red magical aura levitating his notepad and feathered pen. "So you have a delivery for me?"

News Runner was startled. Just seconds before he and his friend had been content and in a rush of air a pony ha-

It was Atlas! Thank Celestia, Runner thought.

'Atlas, calm down. It's just us. This here's Storm Runner. He sat next to me at the bar earlier. He's cool.' Runner said a hint of annoyance in his voice. He wasn't one to get annoyed, but when a guy you just met flys up almost hitting another pony and your door, all while interrupting serious business, it was enough to annoy Runner.

'You ok Storm Runner?'

Edited by Applesack

Atlas, who was very embaresed, brushed himself off and recomposed himself. He check for his revolver and put on his fez as well.

"Sorry about that. I can't trust anypony here yet and I was giving you the once over as i call it" Atlas said as he looked over Storm Runner. 

"News Runner, I can trust you at least. But you" he said pointing a hoof at Storm Runner. "Not yet"

'He's cool. Actually, he's here for that mob guy. But I respect that some pony has to gain your trust. So, if it means anything, I'd support him.' Runner replied. He looked at Atlas and his legs.

'Hey Atlas, why are you limping? I never really noticed. If you would rather not talk about it that's totally fine, I'm just curious.' Runner asked his Pegasus friend

"Hey Frozen over here," Draco said finishing his song. It sounded just about right to his ears. "How have you been Frozen your job been stressful?" Draco asked kindly as he walked over to her his red magical aura levitating his notepad and feathered pen. "So you have a delivery for me?"

Frozen nods, but skittishly backs toward the door, "Yeah, it's just outside... Please come with me quickly, I don't have time to waste with making coversation, even for an old friend... I still have half a dozen deloveries to make, including one for my biggest client."

Frozen nods, but skittishly backs toward the door, "Yeah, it's just outside... Please come with me quickly, I don't have time to waste with making conversation, even for an old friend... I still have half a dozen deliveries to make, including one for my biggest client."

Draco nodded as he walked towards the door with Frozen. "Take your time my dear. Do you need help with them?" he asked kindly with a smile at her. He placed his feather and notepad into his saddlebags. "I've got all day to help you my friend," he said gently. "So tell me what to do boss,"

"As noted," Cryptical Code muttered as he blinked his right eye, which was looking through the rifle's scope. The city councillor was currently reading while on his couch. The trigger glowed slightly as he prepares. Then a sudden increase of pressure as the bullet left the barrel. He saw the glass shatter before the city councillor went slump. Cryptical Code left his position immediately and stared walking down the stairs. His rifle in his suitcase as he hurried.

"My leg?" He pulled up his coat sleeve slightly to show a large scar that went across his leg.

"I got it during an adventure to the Everfree to get some idol. Well a rival of mine also wanted it. He found each other and he gave me this only to be eaten by timber wolves later. If it wasn't for some Zebra out there I would have lost my leg. Ever since i have had a limp and it hurts to walk on it. So the mobster. Do you know where he lives or when he is in his apartment?"

Edited by Airbornepony

Draco nodded as he walked towards the door with Frozen. "Take your time my dear. Do you need help with them?" he asked kindly with a smile at her. He placed his feather and notepad into his saddlebags. "I've got all day to help you my friend," he said gently. "So tell me what to do boss,"

Frozen shakes her head, "Tha-that's not necessary... I'll just give you your commission and get going..." She opens the cargo section of her wagon, and aside from the usual sculptures and ice furniture there's a few bottles of moonshine and an automatic rifle with a tag that says 'plan b' barely hidden behind a barrel.

Draco's eye brow went up slightly "Now now I want to help you," Draco said as he walked up next to her "So did you get the Red wine I asked for?" he whispered into her ear. then whispered slightly "Maybe after work we can share it," Draco said wth a smile. "Just a friendly drink,"

Cryptical Code managed to escape without notice. The further away from the crime site, the better. It'll be around a few more minutes before police will start rushing, Cryptical Code guessed as he walked in the alleyways. He had already had a destination in mind, a small little hideout.

Frozen shakes her head, "You can't help me, my last client will only talk to ponies he trusts, and I don't want you to get shot because you look at him the wrong way.Please, just sign for the package and let me go... My schedule's slipping as it is, and I really can't be late."

Draco shrugged and said "Well at least let me walk with you," "I haven't seen you in forever and I worry for you," he said gently. "I care about my friends that I have you know," Draco said once more gently to Frozen.  "Well how about I take you to my new work place after you get off work will that suit you?"

Frozen sighs, realizing that there's no convincing Draco, "Alright, but you stay outside. As for the wine, yes I have it back at my shop, but you shouldn't be talking about that in public... I have enough trouble evading the cops as it is, without you talking about illegal booze."

Cryptical Code opened the door to his hideout as he turned the light on. It certainly was a lot more stylish than his regular old hideout. He sometime wondered why he even lived in his apartment with his hideout being here and is far more comfortable. Locking the door he looked at a wooden desk to his left. No letter, it seems like his boss didn't hear the news yet and have not magically forwarded the letter.

Edited by Demirari

Frozen sighs, realizing that there's no convincing Draco, "Alright, but you stay outside. As for the wine, yes I have it back at my shop, but you shouldn't be talking about that in public... I have enough trouble evading the cops as it is, without you talking about illegal booze."

Draco shrugged as he chuckled "Scouts honor," he said "Though don't know why some ponies aay that they never were in the colt scouts you know," Draco said thoughtfully."And yeah I know but honestly it's such a stupid law if you ask me," he said as he walked with his friend.

"Also you might want to know something. I've seen things most ponies will never see in there whole lives. Believe in ghosts? I sure do. Aliens? I know their real too. Do you own a gun? If not you will need one. These are dangerious times. If you don't have one I can get you one for free" Atlas covered his scar again.

OOC: If i post late at night it's because i live in Haweii so if you are in the east then I am six hours behind you.

Edited by Airbornepony

Frozen nods, "It makes no sense, but who am I to argue with Princess Celestia and her army of bureaucrats? Anyway, this next guy is one of my sensitive customers, so stay outside and make sure plan b has a fresh mag in it." She checks the address one final time and knocks on the door to Cryptical's hideout, "Delivery for Cryptical Code! Hurry up so I can deliver the rest of my packages!"

@

"Uh?" Cryptical Code muttered as he turned toward the door. His pistol was at his side as he opened the door, wary of whoever was on the other side of the door. He looked at the pony that knocked on his door, he than realized who it was, he then spoke up, "Ah, I see you are here. Where is the package?" 

Edited by Demirari

OOC: Yeah, I live on the east. It's just awkward without Storm Runner

In Character:

The first few sentences Atlas said confused Runner. Aliens? Ghosts? Why would I think about them? Shaking his head he made a mental note to carve out some time to answer some personal questions. Returning to the rest he said,

'Yeah, I have one. Picked it up today actually. I got it with the same thoughts you had. I guess great minds really do think alike, huh?' Runner said, shifting uncomfortably. In this short span of time he had gotten two ponies getting information from him, bought a gun, got tangled in the mafia, and spent pretty much all his money. It seemed today was a big day.

@,@,@,  

After his walk Gloom head to an apartment building to get money from someone who lost to much at cards that he needed a little... 'motivation' to bet the money he owed. After wiping the blood off his hooves he made his way down the hall. When he turn the corner he say a weird pony with his ear against the door. Gloom just shrugged and try to pay no mind. Then he saw the pony fell thought the door. And then heard talk about the mob. Which caught his attention. He heads up to the ponies and decided to play it cool. 

"Morning fellas, I could't help but overhear your conversation. So you're looking into the mobsters hu? What for?" He says with a smile while hoping they would get scare them off by the large scar on his face.

Edited by Gloomfury

News Runner tensed at this new pony. Sweet Celestia he looks horrible!, he thought to himself. Runner bet himself a hundred bits he has mob ties. 'Uh...nothin really'. Actually, it was half true. News Runner was just pointing some ponies in a possible mobsters direction. Runner really had no reason to, he just kinda did. The other two though... 'We were just talking about how they have been growing lately..., Runner said nervously. He was not good at lying

@

Gloom chuckles and nod. "Aye, they are. With the alcohol tax so high the families can make a killing in bootlegging and racketeering. And it goes to show that Celly didn't think it all the way though about the tax. Bad for her, but good for the families. The dumb broad." He says with another chuckle.

Atlas wasn't threatened by the pony's scar. He had seen things much worse than that. 

"So you know ponies in the mob?" He took out his revolver for a visual threat. He didn't like this pony, he just had that sense about him.

"Well need information. I can pay you as much as you want with what ever you want. Bits, booze, military grade weapons, I can get it. I just want information" Atlas turned to News Runner.

"It's about time you know this. The murder earlier... That was the friend I told you about. He was in trouble with the mob and they most likely got to him first" he said so only they could hear.

Because Atlas had his gun out he had to hold it with his good hoof meaning he had to put his weight on his bad leg making him grunt in pain during the conversation and causing him to be slightly off balance. He would have hovered but the ceiling was low.

"Oh and when I askd if you had a gun I don't mean some cheap thing. I mean a quilty gun. One that'll last. He may need it. If i get what I need ponies may come after you and I don't want you hurt. If you don't need a gun alright, nut the offer stands"

Edited by Airbornepony