Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Baltimare: City of Lies

Demirari

@,

Gloom was also not threatened by the revolver. He looks at the pony trying to act tough because he had a gun. 'Pathetic.' He thought. He took the gun from the pony when he looked to be in pain by the barrel with ease. He empties the bullets and holds the gun out to the stallion loosely by the barrel. "I ain't for sail, lad. And my family had nothing to do with that murder."

Atlas hated being made a fool of. He knew this pony knew something and he planned to get it. He thought about threatening to blow his brains out but it quikley left his mind. He gathered the bullets, reloaded his gun, and placed it back in his coat. Atlas knew this pony couldn't be threatened, the bit of dried blood on his coat made that clear.

"Everpony has a price. I can get you enough guns to take on the Baltimare police in a war. Or maybe something in politics? My friends in Canterlot are awful powerful" Atlas was lying through his teeth. Unlike Runner he was a good liar. Years of tricking ponies all over the planet had givin him that skill. He hoped the pony wouldn't notice the fact that his revolver was pointed at him through his coat pocket.

"Runner, we need to talk about some things later" Atlas said not looking away from this new pony.

OOC: I don't plan to kill off anyone yet. Gloomfury, I like your character and want him to stay around. He seems like a good rival for my OC.

@,((I concur. I like yours too. And don't worry. Gloom wouldn't kill unless someones was trying to kill him.))

Gloom was starting to get a little annoyed. He looks over the pony and sees that he was leaning on one  of his legs, which seems to cause him light pain. Maybe from a bad injury. He also sees his gun pointing at him though his coat as well. Which made him more annoyed. He gets into the pony's face and looks at him with his gold lifeless eyes. "I told you. I ain't for sail. Plus if I wanted to I could have took over a town  with all the connections I got. But I don't. Cause I never cared for money or power. They're all just means to a end."

Edited by Gloomfury

"Fine then..." Atlas was somewhat glad he didn't accept the offer. He could very well get what he had offered but he sure wouldn't give this piece of mobster scum any of it.

"Well you know what we were talking about. Get going! But before you leave may i ask about the blood on you fur?" We Atlas leaned a little getting a good look at his cutie mark. He could get one of his contacts to get it IDed with one of the crime families. Hopefuly at least, not all of the families members had been IDed so he might not get identified.

OOC: how do I put your name up? Like this: @Gloomfury

Edited by Airbornepony

@, ((No. You just highlight a word on the person you want to mention and a little thing pops up and you hit mention.)) ((Oh, and Gloom doesn't  have a cutie mark)) 

"Just business. Nothing you need to know." He says as he takes out a pack of cigarettes and puts one in his mouth then lights lit with a copper colored lighter. "And I don't care that you're looking into that murder. But stay away from the families. Cause like I said. We had nothing to do with it." He blows some of the smoke from the cigarette in the pony's face then leaves.

@@Gloomfury

Renatus, who to that point was still trying figure out what just happened, turned to Gloom and asked, " Oh hey Gloom, what beings you here?" as he walked out into the hallway, " You have to excuse my cousin here..." Renatus gestured to Atlas before continuing, "...he was never one of the nicest ponies..."   

• Brohoof 1

@,

"Oh really? I couldn't tall from him pointing a gun at me. He's lucky he didn't pull the trigger. Or I would have stomped his thought in. So keen an eye on himRenatus. Make sure he stays out the families affairs, would you kindlyAnd like I said, I had some business. Sometimes ponies need a little...'motivation' to remember to pay their debts on time." 

Edited by Gloomfury

Frozen nods, "It makes no sense, but who am I to argue with Princess Celestia and her army of bureaucrats? Anyway, this next guy is one of my sensitive customers, so stay outside and make sure plan b has a fresh mag in it." She checks the address one final time and knocks on the door to Cryptical's hideout, "Delivery for Cryptical Code! Hurry up so I can deliver the rest of my packages!"

Draco stood by the door like Frozen told him to. "Plan B," Draco said as he looked at the crate. he began to think to himself "What have you been getting yourself into Frozen. I hope you don't get hurt by doing this I worry about her,"  he shook his head slightly as he warded off memories.

Frozen allows herself a small smile, "The delivery is in this crate. May I come in so you can make sure that the product is satisfactory? Your normal courier got busted this morning, so your boss requested that I deliver your payment in addition to what you ordered from me."

Runner, witnessing this whole event, was confused. So we met a mobster, Atlas pulls a gun then loses it, and now we had smoke in my apartment with a blood stained pony walking away. Runner then walked up there, next to both Storm Runner and Atlas. There was barely enough room! 'Uh, hey... new... pony...' Runner awkwardly said, 'Do you ever attack rival families?' Runner asked, a plan already flowing through his mind. Today was pretty much mafia-filled so he might as well get some enjoyment from it, right? Shifting uncomfortably and then realizing just how tight it was there , Runner took two steps forward.

@,

"Sure I guess, though my boss usually sends me my payment by magic, but I guess this is one of those rare moments," Cryptical Code said moving a bit to allow Frozen in. His pistol was still floating, but now was in a more less threatening state, the barrel was pointing downwards. He then spoke again, "What happened to my normal courier? I doubt that he'll be easily caught."

Edited by Demirari

@@Demirari,

Frozen sighs and levitates the crate onto Cryptic's table, "This time the payment was a bit too big to covertly transport with magic, and 5-oh have begun to check every big teleport for illegal things. As for your courier, it was a big sting last night. He was in the middle of an exchange when SWAT showed up... If I had to guess, his guy in the police flipped and ratted him out. Here's your payment, one thousand bits, unmarked and untraceable, as well as two bottles of single-malt whiskey as a sort of 'employee of the month' prize."

@,

"The Police eh," Cryptical Code replied before thinking, "That is very concerning, I may have to relocate if the courier breaks down and gives information that shouldn't be given."  Then after thinking of some plans in case if the police would come and try to arrest him, he spoke, "Thank you, those bottles of whiskey would be very enjoyable." 

Edited by Demirari

@,

Gloom looks to Runner from Renatus with the same annoyed look. "The name's Gloomfury. And the only time a family attacks another is when one is provoked.  Like by taking out ones family's business by force or killing one of their own. But never out of spite. Cause that would a effect their business flow, going to war with another family. Ya understand?" 

A squad of police officers, numbering in ten were rushing toward the assassination scene, passing by apartments. They had just received reports of the murder of a city council member. Their blue police uniform made them stand out as they rushed, their batons in their mouths. Some of them even had pistols, though it was mostly the unicorns that had the pistols. 

Frozen nods gravely, "If he cracks I'm sure that the boss will arrange an accident for him, but I hate that my routine has been altered because of this... I already have to be careful, but he's going to ruin everything... By the way, if that letter in the crate isn't opened in half an hour the envelope will melt and make it unreadable..." She indicates a frosted envelope with a small seal on it.

"Yea, boss would probably arrange an accident for the courier," Cryptical Code said agreeing, he then continued on, "Don't you have other deliveries to attend to? I don't really want to stall you with your deliveries, it'll be extremely rude of me to do so." Cryptical Code then slowly started to open the crate, being picking up the letter with his magic. 

Atlas was suprised to not even find a cutie mark on the pony. Well it is a little bit easer to remeber what to look for in the files. Atlas said nothing as he left.

"He may not be involved with the murder but he has to know somepony who does" He said once the scar faced pony was out of earshot. He turned back to the others.

"You both have questions. I'm pretty sure so ask away"

OOC: just saw alot had hapened after i posted. Really should have refreshed the page

Edited by Airbornepony

As the city police rushed towards the murder of the city council member, there was another pony among them. A young detective that had built up quit a reputation.

He trotted into the murder area and ducked underneath the yellow caution tape. He approached the cold, lifeless body that was laying on the ground. Inspecting it carefully, he asked for some tools. He removed the bullet from the body and concluded it was a .45 caliber bullet. Most mobsters used them in their tommy guns and many other people used that. So someone from the mafia had wanted him dead. But who, and why?

As he asked himself these questions he found where the sniper had shot from by using the path of the bullet impact on the victim and the impact on the opposite wall.

He left the scene and made way to the sniper's spot.

After Gloomfuru left the apartment and the annoying ponies. He took another walk around the neighborhood to see if anyone he  knew needed help with something. But no one didn't have anything for him to do. Sometimes this job got a little boring. So he was thinking he would accept the Dons offer of becoming a Capo. He would have his own crew to look after and he could starts his own business. The more he thought about it the more he liked it. So he decided to pay his Capo a visit to ask to tell the Don he accepts the offer.

After that was done and he was accept into the rank. He headed out to look for potential places he could start up shop. That was when he spotted a bar that seems to be slightly empty. Then he got an idea. He heads into the bar and takes a seat at the counter and calles to the barkeep. @@Suitaloo, "Hey, a glass of griffin brewed whiskey, would ya kindly?" 

"Actually don't ask anything. I'll be back tomorrow night at the same time. I have to do some private work. Oh and thanks for sticking your neck out for me there" Atlas galloped off before they could respond. He trusted both of them by now. Once Atlas got outside he stopped to take a break because of his leg and flew off. He was on his way to a police station to try and get the blank flank IDed. He flew had head level and was interupted by some police cars go past at full speed along with an ambulance.

"That can't be good" He thought. It was probebly just another murder. It could be a lead if it was a gang killing. He turned to follow them. They stopped at a luxery apartment building that was swarming with police. Atlas caught eye of a purple pony. He wouldn't have seen him if it wasn't for a street light. He flew to him and hovered next to the pony.

@,  "Who got it this time?"

Edited by Airbornepony

After Gloomfuru left the apartment and the annoying ponies. He took another walk around the neighborhood to see if anyone he  knew needed help with something. But no one didn't have anything for him to do. Sometimes this job got a little boring. So he was thinking he would accept the Dons offer of becoming a Capo. He would have his own crew to look after and he could starts his own business. The more he thought about it the more he liked it. So he decided to pay his Capo a visit to ask to tell the Don he accepts the offer.

After that was done and he was accept into the rank. He headed out to look for potential places he could start up shop. That was when he spotted a bar that seems to be slightly empty. Then he got an idea. He heads into the bar and takes a seat at the counter and calles to the barkeep. @@Suitaloo, "Hey, a glass of griffin brewed whiskey, would ya kindly?" 

"Griffin Brewed Whiskey, coming up." Malt said, grabbing the bottle with magic and pouring it in to a glass. He slid it down the bar to the pony. "So, you from around here? Business isn't the best lately. And now the bloody booze tax from the crooked politicians... I don't know if I'll be able to make it through the month..."

@@Suitaloo,

Gloom picks up the glass and takes a drink. "Thanks. And I'm not from here. But I do live here now." He looks around a bit ad the small handful of ponies in the bar. "And I see what you mean. And that's a real shame." He looks back to Malt. " And I'm sure you put in a lot of effort into running this place. And with the money hungry politicians passing the booze tax. They're pretty much making you lose your business. And I don't think that's right." He takes another drink, looks at the glass and nods. "This is some good stuff."He looks back at Malt. "It would be a real pity if a place with good quality booze like this would to be out of business. Maybe I can help you out."

Black Star heard the whoosh of a Pegasus behind him. He turned around and was greeted by a grey colt. 

"Yeah, a murder. One of the city council members got shot by one of the mobs around here. He was taken down up on that building over there"

Pointing to the building of to their left.

"I'm heading their now. you want to come? I could use the extra protection, and you look like a tough pony."

Edited by The True Black Star