Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Baltimare: City of Lies

Demirari

'My names News Runner, but I like to go by Runner. Hope ya like your drink.' Runner responded.

Runner took another sip and looked at Storm Runner again.

'Now, considering you walked specifically here and specifically behind me, and you keep eying my friend over there,' Runner pointed out, 'You want something. Spit it out.' Runner took another sip, awaiting his response.

@

" That obvious huh." Renatus deadpanned as he took a drink. Looking at his drink briefly, he turned to Runner and spoke, " As for my reasons, those are my own. Though a friendly word of advice, ponies who look for the mob don't last long, so watch yourself and your friend there. He might attract the wrong kind of attention." as he said that he glanced briefly at the bartender before looking at Runner again.

Edited by Blacklight01

Cryptical Code walked into the bar uninterested as he took a seat, he calmly spoke, "A Manehatten Cocktail please." Then he looked around, before noticing the stallion that bumped into him a while ago. Thinking that it must be coincidence, he returned his attention to the bartender, waiting for his cocktail. 

@Blacklight01

'Thats fine, cause I ain't looking for them. He is,' Runner responded, motioning to his friend. 'I just made a good guess. Besides, why do you care about the mob. You seemed so worked up about 'em.'

Runner took another sip and pushed his drink away.

'You can come to my apartment if you want. As I was telling my friend here, I'm pretty sure a monster lives in my apartment building.'

Runner then scribbled his address on a napkin and slid it over to Storm Runner.

Edited by Applesack

@

" Again, my reasons are my own." Renatus responded as he picked up the napkin and put it away. Taking another drink, he said, " Thanks, I might visit sometime, though was that "monster" you were talking live there? Also, what does your friend want with the mob?Well...there goes my afternoon...Renatus thought.

@

'I really don't know what he wants with the mob. But yeah, that possible

Mobster does live in my buildings. Few rooms away actually. Come over anytime, doors always open for my friends.' Runner replied. He asked the bartender for the bill.

'Hey, you got a spare bit?' Runner asked

Draco walked through the streets of Baltimare  humming a slight song as he was in his suit ready for tonight. He tested out his new song as he walked. The tune was meant to be full of sorrow and morose feeling about the city of Baltimare. "Sweet L.A.
I gave my broken soul to you
Sweet L.A.
Why do you hurt me like you do?" he sang to himself as he taste the words.

Cryptical Code listened in on the conversation, before drinking his cocktail. After quickly finished it, he payed his check before quickly leaving. He had things to do and things to be worried about. The news of a murder is rather disturbing and something he might have to inform his boss if the murder is a connection to their plans. 

@

"Oh, yea." Renatus replied, giving Runner a couple bits before taking a final drink as he got up. Turning to Runner he said in hushed tone, " Hey, if your friend over there really needs to talk with the mob, give him this..." as he tossed Runner a card with a number on it and with that, exited the bar, heading back towards his apartment. I have to admit, it's been a while since I've had some positive emotions​ Renatus reflected as he exited the bar feeling slightly more refreshed.   

Edited by Blacklight01

Gloomfury woke up after a long dreamless sleep. He sits up and rubs his hooves over his face. He grabs the open bottle of whiskey next to his bedside and drunk the rest of it. He then tossed the bottle out the open window, that was also near his bedside, not caring where it landed. He sighs and stands and heads to the bath room to tie back his mane but not before giving himself a dirty look in the mirror. 

After his mane was tied back so it wouldn't get in his face he strapped on his knife to his leg and put on his saddlebags then heads outside to start his day. Gloom is a soldier in the Fottolie family which isone of the families of the Baltimare Mafia. Sure with his expertise in many things like fighting and warfare. He could have made Capo faster then anyone. But he didn't mind being a soldier. Maybe one day he's accept the Dons offer to become a Capo so he can watch over his neighborhood with a real title. Sure he isn't from Baltimare or even Equestria  for that matter. But after he saved the Dons Underboss they offered to let him in with open arms.  Like one of the family. 

Now he lives here and he liked it. But he still has nightmares of his past. Which is bloodier then being in the mob. 

Gloom made his way down stairs and states his walk around the neighborhood .

Cryptical Code walked nearby the murder scene, hiding in the shadows of a nearby alleyway. He observed the crime scene briefly before departing, using the alleyways to get to his location. Cryptical Code entered his apartment room before closing it and locking it, he can't have any intruders. A suitcase hiding under his bed was dragged forward with his magic before being putted on his bed. After unlocking it, he opened it, and peered inside. Inside were parts to a rifle and a scope, the scope was rather shabby in design and wasn't suited for long-distance targeting, but it'll do for his mission. 

Draco walked into the cafe as he levitated his notepad taking notes crossing out words. He began to sing to himself to see what the song would seem like to his ears. He wanted the song to be perfect for his audience for when he started to work for the illustrious Coco Bucko.  He got the general feeling of the city down.

Edited by dragon4111

Slipping the bits into his pocket, Runner said goodbye to Atlas and left. He knew what he had to do.

He had to get a weapon.

Of course, this wasn't to kill. But when murders, gangs, and talk of the mob... It had to be done. Slipping into a nearby weapon shop, he browsed the selection. He needed something cheap a and easy to use. Eyeing a .32 revolver he held it in his mouth. 'Gah, if only I was a unicorn...' He complained. It was rather expensive considering how many bits he had. Oh well, he though. He slipped a pack of 24 bullets into his shopping basket along with the pistol. 9 bits! He barely had enough. He reluctantly payed, leaving him with just 3 bits left. I've spent *alot* of money today, he thought to himself. Putting his new items into his saddlebag, he entered his apartment.

Edited by Applesack

Renatus returned to his apartment and after shifting back to normal, sat down on his couch to process the day's events.Well today's been eventful to say the least. First, this new law get's passed, then a murder and all the mobs are pointing hooves, and finally there's that "supposed" mobster is living at Runner's apartment. Though as far as I know, no mobster lives even close to there... he noted as he pulled out the napkin...well I have the rest of the afternoon free...I might as well go visit Runner's apartment and see what I can find on this "mobster". ​Deciding on a course of action, Renatus quickly gets up from the couch and after putting on a vest to cover his colt 45. Heads outside in the direction of Runner's apartment, changing back into Storm Runner as he walked.     

Cryptical Code slowly putted together his rifle. He decided to use a different scope since the viewing range of the stock one was terrible. He then opened his left drawer from his desk, bringing out a pistol. He had to silence a council member of this city. He wasn't sure why, but the assignment sounded rather urgent. After checking everything, he watched the clock tick.

*im just going to assume you got to my building*

Runner heard a knock at his door. Opening it, he was only half surprised by who he saw. I mean, only Storm Runner had his address. But still, visitors were rare.

'Hey Storm Runner. Welcome to my, uh, life really...' Runner welcomed, motioning to his run down room. 'Not exactly the best but i have food and a bed.'

Runner welcomed Storm Runner inside. The two sat on his couch and Runner put his saddlebag on the nearby table.

'So, what do ya need?'

Frozen casually trots to the speakeasy with a cart filled with ice, looking worriedly around for any police, "Uh... hello everypony... I have a delivery for somepony named Draco, would you please point him out to me so that I can get out of here? I have several deliveries to make today..."

Atlas waited for News Runner to leave. He got up as soon as Runner was out the door. He made sure to put away his fez as it made him an easy thing to see. Atlas has to confirm Runner wasn't working with the mob somehow. He wasn't to suspious but he wanted to make sure. He knew of people of his age to work for them. He also had to walk as flying would make him noticable. With each step his leg twinged with a dull pain from his old wound. He stoppd following him as Runner entered the building. Now he waited. This possible mobster would be here eventualy.

I am so sorry guys i feal like such an idoit. I didn't go to the next page so i had no idea the conversations kept going. That's why i didn't respond.

@,

noticing Runner's surprise when he let Renatus in, he asked, " You don't get many visitors, do you?" as he took a quick look around before returning his attention back to Runner, he continued, " As for my visit here, I remembered that you mentioned that some kind of mobster lives here, though to my knowledge, I don't know of any mobster that lives close to here. So, I was kinda hoping you might show me where this mobster lives."  

(((XD)))    

Edited by Blacklight01

Atlas remebered one of the ponies that entered the biulding. Storm Runner was it? He followed him into the building and to Runner's apartment. He made sure to keep out of sight as he welcomed Storm Runner in.

"Bingo! I have his address now" He wrote it down in his notebook he brought with him and recorded his adventures in

'No, not many.' Runner responded, twirling his hoof, 'And about the mobster? I'm not sure *exactly* which room. All I know is that he lives on my floor. Perhaps we should do some adventuring, hmm?'

Runner then got up and threw his saddlebag on, motioning for Storm Runner to join him.

"Time for action," Cryptical Code muttered as he carried his suitcase and unlocked the door. He walked out and closed the door. Turning toward the direction of the exit, he walked out and started toward the location where he'll set up his location for assassination.

(Note Airbronepony please use () for OOC purposes. Thank you :3)

Edited by Demirari

Atlas knew they had to be talking about something. He creeped to the door and pressed his good ear on the door. 

This reminded him of the time he was trying to steal an idol from a Saddle Arabian palace for a village who had had it stolen and then he was almost killed by about five guards.

@

" Well I was going to go myself...but if you insist." Renatus said as he got up and opened to the door. Outwardly, he kept a neutral expression as he stood at the door, but he was inwardly drooling from the positive emotions coming from Runner. Limiting himself to just devouring a small unnoticeable amount of the emotions. Too busy with the emotions coming from Runner, he completely ignored another set of emotions coming from nearby.      

Edited by Blacklight01

Atlas fell fowards as the door opened landing face first in front of Storm Runner. He was able to twist before he hit the ground so he wouldn't land on his bad leg.

OOC: Okay got it. I'll be sure to us this instead now. Like i said I'm new to this. The rest of this is to get me the character count.

Edited by Airbornepony