Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

OCD (Obsessive–Compulsive Disorder)

Codelyy

It's a funny story on how i thought about this topic, well it's not a story and it's not funny but i'm calling it that anyway. I went downstairs for a bit and when i went back to my room my mum had moved my computer screen what made me very annoyed so i was there for ages just trying to get it right XD. I moved it a lot, Moved it left and right about 100 times just trying to get it how it was. I finally just left it where it was but i was there for ages.

So i thought about making this and seeing if anypony has OCD and what you obsess about

So do you have OCD and if yes then what do you Obsess about?

Edited by Codelyoko373
  • Brohoof 1

I have OCD, although it's not as bad now as it used to be. I obsessed a lot about doors, like I would push on them multiple times to ensure that they were closed all the way. I would also touch light switches, to ensure that they were flicked all the way in either direction. Or like, when I was a lot younger I used to have to read the tags on all my beanie babies before I went to bed. Lol idk there's weird stuff like that. I still brush my teeth a lot and can be obsessive about other things, but it's more in control for me lately.

I don't have OCD but thanks in part to having Autism I have in the past have had and still have some OCD like tendencies. I am obsessed with schedules and routines but not nearly as much as I used to be and have a habit of always checking either my cellphone or my watch (I always have to know what time it is). When people made mistakes like mispronouncing words or something like that I couldn't help but correct them though I don't do that so much now. When I was a kid my toys always had to be in a particular order and when my brother inadvertently put them out of order I would get upset but these days I take more of an "organized chaos" approach to my personal effects.

Again in large part due to the Autism I have had a long history of obsessive, often compulsive interests and balancing them out by expressing them a in a healthy, socially responsible manner hasn't been easy. When I was a kid I was addicted to Power Rangers and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and acted like it was the end of the world when I missed even a single episode, there was one time I missed a Power Rangers episode and became so obsessed with it that I even asked complete strangers what happened in that episode. In middle school and high school I became addicted to anime and still like it now but not nearly as much as I did back then it was a bit of a struggle to know when it was appropriate to talk about those and other things when enough was enough and I had to move onto another subject. 

These days I have a few interests that while they can be slightly obsessive and still a few quirks but have things pretty well under control and have turned something that was once a struggle for me into a great strength. That strength is a very intense focus, a level of focus that allows me to learn a great deal about a subject I am interested in in a relatively short amount of time which has served me well for many years but took a long time to properly channel.

I had it, very hard, but one day I got annoyed and said "** off!". So now I don't have OCD anymore lol.

I would slam the doors and switches dozens of time until it did the sound I wanted. Anything not on his place would bother me. It was awful.

I still have some leftovers (I always put my books on the corner of the table, everything perfectly placed), but not as bad as before.

• Brohoof 1

I do not have OCD. Neither does Twilight, although perhaps she could have another variety of anxiety disorder.

Oh, sure, I am a pretty neurotic person, and I can be pretty anal. I get fussy about my handwriting, for example, and often have to rewrite things so that my hands feel right. 

Nonetheless, I am thankful that I do not suffer from OCD.

The first answer on this page is some good reading. Highlights:

I read about a guy that had a compulsion for cleaning up a street where there was a car accident. His obsessive thought was that battery acid had leaked onto the road and that his car would drive through it and bring the battery acid home, potentially contaminating his family. He would lay awake at night waiting to hear nearby sirens go off and spring to action with bags full of cleaning supplies and baking soda and head to the scene of the accident and scrub the street after the police left. His mind was stuck on the contamination fears and he would spend all night scrubbing the road. 

Typically, OCD has some associating with previous, traumatic events. I lost my mom when I was ten years old after watching her battle with her own mental health issues. The current manifestation of my OCD is rooted in the loss of my mom. So in most cases I walk around each day with repetitive thoughts / worries that the people I know and care about will die. Including myself. It gets vivid enough that I see imagery of people around me dying, and it's really disturbing and disruptive. I could be in the middle of conversation with someone at work and at the same time experiencing imagery of my brother dying. It's really awful stuff. But that's not all. Physical changes accompany the constant worrying about death and dying. 

I'd be quite intrigued by any diagnosed OCD sufferers on this forum describing how they relate to the disorder.

I make absolutely certain everything is an even number, or balances out. For example, I refuse to listen to music with an odd number of beats, and I restack paper until it's all the same level.

Plus a crapload of other disorders. I'm whacked.

Edited by Kelario

I am very OCD when it comes to my shoes. No1.. NO1..... Touches my shoes. I hate when they are moved , I give death stares to those that step on my feet..... Yeah

One of my aforementioned "other disorders" - what I like to call podophobophilia.

I'm very OCD when there are numbers involved. Things must be even, a pair of an item, I hate having one, there must be two. Got me in trouble before, but I need two or more.
Detail is to be obsessed over with too by me. If it doesn't look right, I'll usually scrap it.

Edited by Demirari

I have an other problem with OCD and this one is so annoying :/

Lets say i would move a chair , I would keep looking back at that chair to see if it's moved so i can put it back where it was XD

Like if the chair is near a wire then i would move the chair away from the wire to make sure it does not move onto that wire

I don't know why i do this but it really does annoy me

Edited by Codelyoko373

i like things in fives....

my books have to go in a order i put them or

if someone holds a book of mine in a bad way i 

will say something.

I use the same daydream ocs for the last 3 years...