Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Where can I find a high-quality Rainbow Dash plushie?

Champion RD92

I would like a Rainbow Dash plushie, but it has to be very show-accurate and high quality, so I was wondering where I could find one that isn't super expensive, but still looks very good. 

I would like for it to look something like this:

rainbow_dash_plushie_by_makeshiftwings30

Does anyone know where I can buy something like this at a decently affordable price?

There are some folks on deviantArt will take commissions for plushies of that quality, but those are the ones who are gonna charge you $200 or more. Depends on how badly you want one...

Edited by Lord Thrashicane
  • Brohoof 1

You can find them all over, and they all are $100+ for one like you showed. There are plenty of plush makers on DeviantArt and other sites, Etsy for another. Most of them work off very small commission lists, and when they open the spots go even faster than you can part with your money. A lot of them are also now just making a plush and tossing it on eBay to let people fight over, which easily makes the prices go over $300.

If you want cheap, you don't get that sort of quality.

If only the build a bear ones had "molded" manes.

Edited by The Mane-iac
  • Brohoof 1

Wow these Rainbow Dash plushies are REALLY HARD to find! I tried finding a show accurate one for you and no luck. Ive seen some very accurate Fluttershy, AppleJack, etc. But none for Rainbow Dash!

Most of which are fan made and most of them are not for sale. The ones for sale are over $100

I think your best bet would actually be going to the next brony con or any other My little pony convention and purchase from there, as there are many plushies available. 

Hopefully we get more Rainbow Dash.

Edited by Dashie~
  • Brohoof 1

Wow these Rainbow Dash plushies are REALLY HARD to find! I tried finding a show accurate one for you and no luck. Ive seen some very accurate Fluttershy, AppleJack, etc. But none for Rainbow Dash!

Most of which are fan made and most of them are not for sale. The ones for sale are over $100

I think your best bet would actually be going to the next brony con or any other My little pony convention and purchase from there, as there are many plushies available. 

Hopefully we get more Rainbow Dash.

wow, well that kinda sucks :/

And I don't go to conventions, soooo....oh well.

Oh my god I totally forgot about my craving for a high end plushie. I'll have to get one soon! Thanks for reminding me.

In the meantime all I have is Build-a-Bear ones. They're pretty meh, but they're the best thing I could find.

I'd post a pic but the only one I have right now is me holding it while in my work uniform and I'd need to upload it and bleh. You can find them on google though, I'm sure.

• Brohoof 1

I have been looking for months and unfortunately the reality is that they just aren't out there. The mass-produced ones are, in my opinion, hideous. I have been hoping that 4DE would hurry up with their Rainbow Dash since the other ones they've made look good, but that's clearly not happening. Custom ones are few and far between. I don't mind paying the extra money for one, but I can't even find one in the first place. Best places to look (where they've been for sale in the past) are eBay and Etsy, but I don't see anything up at the moment. I certainly share your pain in not being able to find a Dashie plush that you like. :( I do hope that all of us here can find something that we like in the near future.

• Brohoof 1

I have been hoping that 4DE would hurry up with their Rainbow Dash since the other ones they've made look good, but that's clearly not happening. 

Yes, I have been waiting and waiting for the 4DE ones, but I don't think Rainbow Dash is going to be available for a long time...I'm really disappointed :/

• Brohoof 1

I'm with you Champion. I'd love a plushie like that. Been looking forever. Unfortunately as everyone else is saying you're gonna have to pay a lot for one of that quality. I don't know about you, but I like the figures. I find plushies much better, but have you tried looking for these things called Vinyl Figures? Don't mistake that for "Vinyl Scratch" that's actually what they're called. If you're desperate enough, you could get one of those. They're actually the best quality you'll get in an MLP figure and they're no where near as expensive. They have RainbowDash, Fluttershy, Derpy Hooves, Dr. Whooves, Vinyl Scratch, and I think they even have Scootaloo but I'll have to check that. Oh, and it doesn't even end there! Fan of Spitfire? Yep. They have one for her too. ;) There's a lot. I have yet to find all of the main six, but they have plenty enough.

This is what they look like: (RainbowDash)

funko_rainbowdash_13.jpeg

Ever seen those before? They're really nice. Most people get them from Funko.com, Toywiz.com, or you can find a few at HotTopic. The price is usually anywhere from $10.00 to $25.00. What do you think? I know it's a plushie you want, but if you've never seen those before then definitely check them out! I like them a lot.

Edited by FeIix
  • Brohoof 1

Ah, yes...forgot about the Build-a-Bear ones. Those are almost perfect, aside from the lousy manes. Just a thought, but maybe you could ask around some of the plushie-making circles out there and see how much they'd charge simply for modifying a Build-a-Bear RD? You know, ripping out the hair and sewing on a mane more on par with the 4DE plushies. Bit of an odd request, but I'm sure it's been done before, and would likely cost a lot less than asking them to build you one from scratch...

Edited by Lord Thrashicane
  • Brohoof 1

Yes, I have been waiting and waiting for the 4DE ones, but I don't think Rainbow Dash is going to be available for a long time...I'm really disappointed :/

Just be glad you want RD. I'll have to wait a lifetime and a half till they get around to AJ, and even then I bet she won't have a hat! The 4DE ones are probably the best in mass produced though. Was really hoping the Build A Bear ones were going to be better than they are, the body looks decent enough, but those manes and tales are awful.

If I knew where to start I'd so be making pony plushies. This fanbase is so awesome in it's creativity, but the place it is seriously lacking is plush makers. The ones out there making the really nice quality ones like you showed don't have much competition so prices are staying high since they can't possibly keep up with demand. Minky is about $15/ft from what I've seen when I looked into it awhile ago, so I just really don't understand the prices. Of course I'm "weird" and think if it's something you enjoy doing you don't charge an arm or legs worth, you charge for materials and a bit extra. I doubt they are making them as their living, so it's more of a hobby. There is a difference between being a mechanic at the garage and working on your buddies truck on the weekend. My twocents.gif

Edited by The Mane-iac

Just be glad you want RD. I'll have to wait a lifetime and a half till they get around to AJ, and even then I bet she won't have a hat! 

Actually, the 4DE Applejack plushie will have a hat, and I'm pretty sure RD is going to be the last one to come out. I think Applejack is next, followed by Rarity, and then RD. I could be wrong though. But i know for sure AJ will have a hat.

Edited by Champion RD92
  • Brohoof 1

ok first off, whats 4DE?

Second, build-a-bears plushies are actually really nice (Although going with the stranded hair wasn't that great of a decision), and you can even dress them in their coronation attire. and even fully dressed, with MLP music box, they are less than 60 bucks.

Ah, yes...forgot about the Build-a-Bear ones. Those are almost perfect, aside from the lousy manes. Just a thought, but maybe you could ask around some of the plushie-making circles out there and see how much they'd charge simply for modifying a Build-a-Bear RD? You know, ripping out the hair and sewing on a mane more on par with the 4DE plushies. Bit of an odd request, but I'm sure it's been done before, and would likely cost a lot less than asking them to build you one from scratch...

This would be a good option, though there are some show accurate issues with the Build a Bear if that is cared about. Mane has an extra row of blue below the purple for some reason (but if getting ripped off wouldn't matter I guess) and the cutie mark is backwards (and only on one side). Something cool though is they offer the Gala dress cape things for the ponies they have though.

Actually, the 4DE Applejack plushie will have a hat, and I'm pretty sure RD is going to be the last one to come out. I think Applejack is next, followed by Rarity, and then RD. I could be wrong though. But i know for sure AJ will have a hat.

Well I'll be... Took a look on EqD and found the report about her including a hat. Going to need to start keeping my eye open for her release sometime next year.

Edited by The Mane-iac
  • Brohoof 1

This would be a good option, though there are some show accurate issues with the Build a Bear if that is cared about. Mane has an extra row of blue below the purple for some reason (but if getting ripped off wouldn't matter I guess) and the cutie mark is backwards (and only on one side). Something cool though is they offer the Gala dress cape things for the ponies they have though.

Agh, I hate when they put the CM on one side only. Kind of makes you wonder if Build-a-Bear even knows anything about the show. -_(\

Also, I'm quite thrilled to learn that the 4DE AJ plush will have a hat. It mystifies me as to why her blind bag figures and Aurora plushies always omit it...kind of a huge part of her design, guys. Maybe they don't see it as cost-effective, but that seems like a rather lame reason to leave it out entirely.