Rainbow Dash Sketch

--Rainbow-Dash--

I am pretty bad at drawing and this picture would have been worse if I didnt have a reference picture.

img-2206232-1-ShqlJnr.jpg

Of course, I used a reference image. img-2206232-2-rainbow_dash_vector___angr

I realize the head is a bit stretched on mine, but I'm not good with drawing, and didnt quite notice till the end :/ so its not just messed up photo, thats what it looks like. I had trouble with the eyes mostly, the hair was fairly easy, but anyways, Tell me what you think!

I'll try fluttershy instead I guess

Edited by --Rainbow-Dash--
  • Brohoof 2

There is no shame in tracing. It will help you get the shape of things as well as the proportions down. Once it's like a second nature you can easily move into free styling.

I can't draw and ever art friend I have tells me that.

There is no shame in tracing. It will help you get the shape of things as well as the proportions down. Once it's like a second nature you can easily move into free styling.

I can't draw and ever art friend I have tells me that.

I didnt trace, I just looked at the image.

Oh no I'm saying it will help with proportions. That tracing is a good way to fine tune what you are already capable of doing.

I didn't trace this time, but I think this one did better, partly because I made her smile and didn't do the wierd grr thing

eRPzuuh.jpg?1

• Brohoof 1

I like the smile a lot more on this one. But the eyes did on the first one match the reference closer. But yeah the mouth is a lot better. Your first one actually made me think of bullseye from toy story. I'm pretty sure he's made that expression numerous times.

:)

Seeing as how you're an aspiring artist, I took some time out of my day here to make this tutorial for you right now. I apologize if it appears "rushed" I was trying to make it in like 25 minutes.

6nq5s.png

Seeing as how you're an aspiring artist, I took some time out of my day here to make this tutorial for you right now. I apologize if it appears "rushed" I was trying to make it in like 25 minutes.

img-2208718-1-6nq5s.png

Just a guess, you have adobe illustrator or some similar product, also a tablet on which you can draw with?

Just a guess, you have adobe illustrator or some similar product, also a tablet on which you can draw with?

I actually use Paint Tool Sai, and a Bamboo Create tablet, however this method works on paper too.