Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Girl gamers.

Swift

I'M A GIRL GAMER COME HERE I WANT A MAN

I'm a girl, I play games. But I don't see the big deal of it. (I would probably be a "GRRL GAMER" if I'd be better looking, tho. lol)

YOU'RE GOING TO LOVE ME.

I hate the whole "gamer girl" thing...like it is some big deal.

The part I especially find pathetic is Call of Duty...So you go online and you have the mic on (protip: leave mic off) and you wade through the typical gay-bashing and racism. Then -gasp- a female comes on. Now this doesn't bother me. I will play against anyone and proudly lose to any gender! But the second she comes on, every pubescent boy and creepy man starts talking to her and trying to impress her

Maybe I am just cynical but who oh well...it's pretty well known that many women play many games...not that big a deal IMO

I am a girl, and I enjoy video games, but I abhor the phrase 'girl gamer.' It makes gamers that also happen to be female sound like some sort of rare and exotic breed, which we all have to gawk at. Which is ridiculous.

Why is being a girl gamer such a big deal now :huh:

I can understand maybe in the past when games started coming out it was rarer :P

But now they game just as much as us men ;)

I honestly think "girl gamers" is just another :wub: fantasy for men ^_^

(edited)

What's the difference. Girls are like guys without

having to pretend to be all macho.

C wut i did thar? Thought it'd be innapropriate?

Seriously, what's the difference? Girls and guys can both enjoy video games. Any girl who plays games is OK amazing in my book.

Edited by ADashOfRainbow
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I find it annoying when people say they are girl gamers to get a reaction, like when I go on Youtube and I'm listening to some metal and some girl is like,

"I'm a girl and I love metal!!!!!!" as if anyone cares what your sex is. If you game, that's cool, I do too, but I really don't care if you are male or female :/. All I care about is if you're a nice person, I don't even care if you're good, if you're fun to play with that's cool with me :).

Edited by Chill Mists (Chilly)

(edited)

I find it annoying when people say they are girl gamers to get a reaction, like when I go on Youtube and I'm listening to some metal and some girl is like,

"I'm a girl and I love metal!!!!!!" as if anyone cares what your sex is. If you game, that's cool, I do too, but I really don't care if you are male or female :/. All I care about is if you're a nice person, I don't even care if you're good, if you're

fun to play with that's cool with me :).

Section 22:4, the gospel according to Chill Mists. Edited by ADashOfRainbow
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

See, I don't really see the difference between girl gamers and boy gamers, other than the obvious. Both are gamers and both enjoy playing games. Both should just have fun and play together. I know quite a few girl gamers actually... It's quite fun, and I certainly enjoy just gaming with them.

Gurl gamerz: Plays only CoD (for 5 minutes) and flaunts their status.

Girl who also happens to play games: Has a wide variety of games they enjoy and have sunk hours into, doesn't wear it like a badge of pride.

To my knowledge I've never played with any girls online but I can think of no reason why I would relate to them any differently. They're people too, and as long as they have some decency I'm glad to play with them. I'm sure there are plenty of obnoxious ones who are trying to use their sex to get the other players to cut them a break, but the guys who would fawn over them are just as lowbrow. So no real difference there.

That said, there are probably plenty of girls who never speak of their gender, but by stating it on a profile (XBL, PSN, Steam, etc.) they get harassed or indirectly cause a game's chat channel to get spammed with lewd and rude comments. It's unfortunate they can't openly be themselves without risking that. Are there really any guys who still think jokes about going to the kitchen and making sandwiches are still funny, or who think male and female connectors are funny? It worries me that there are men working, shopping, and driving near me who have a sense of humor similar to those of Beavis and Butthead.

I'm a new girl gamer. I was very sheltered from video games as a kid. I only had a 64 with 3 games, super mario 64, dr mario, and tetrisphere. Then when I got my gamecube my mom was like super protective. The first Teen game I got was legend of zelda, twilight princess. Then I got the ps3 a year ago and now I have call of duty, portal 2, prototype, darksiders, fun games^^ And ratchet and clank and the first little big planet. Lots of fun, still can't buy all teh game I want though, I want prototype two and little big planet two mainly right now, and borderlands 2. On the computer I've got portal 2 and I'm currently getting team fortress 2 from Steam.

According to Yahoo's troll news article, there are no girl video gamers. They're mythical. I have a 17yrold sister, though, that perfect runs Mega Man games in her spare time and can obliterate some Killzone 3 and Demon's Souls. It's a constant fight between us to determine which one of us is the better gamer. If it's a platformer or a third-person game, she usually wins. If it's an RPG, dungeon crawler or a first person game, I've got the best odds.

-FF