Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Twilight didn't lie, but Spike got replaced anyway.

ManaMinori

I remember back in the episode where Owlicious came in as a character and Spike got jealous, thinking that Twilight would replace him. And Twilight said that would never happen.....

I also recall that in "the return of harmony" she made Spike the New Rainbow Dash after Dashie flew off and abandoned the group, so though RD came to her senses and returned, I figured that Spike would still be the go to step in for Rainbow Dash in her disloyalty got the better of her again. Surprisingly, though it was Fluttershy who got Derpy to fill in for Rainbow Dash in "rainbow falls" Spike still gets replaced as the fill-in Dash. It's kind of sad that he didn't even show up in the new episode and he's still getting screwed. (I would've liked to see Twilight give him wings like she did with Rarity, so he could fly on a Ponyville team. It's never been said that ponies only could represent their town)

Anypony else also find it a little weird how Dash has been replaced twice, now, and none of the other mane 6 have?

Edited by Nightmare Muffin

Um im sorry i dont see where youre going with this. They needed a pegasus on their team? And Owlicious didnt replace spike.

Spike only stepped in for dash in return of harmony because he was there.

Dash also was unloyal in Return of Harmony because of Discord's trickery, she was loyal to cloudsdale as well as her friends and because of his trinckery she chose cloudsdale. And if you noticed, she thought cloudsdale was the one little cloud.

In Rainbow Falls, she wasnt necessarily disloyal, she was loyal to both her friends and her heroes. She also chose not to choose, but picked her friends in the end.

-end rant-

Spike had to fill in for Rainbow Dash because, Discord tricked her into abandoning her friends. Dash is still loyal to her friends, but in Rainbow Falls she faked an injury so that she could not choose between the two teams and she picked her friends anyway.

So, let's go with that.

• Brohoof 3

You guys missed the point on what I was trying to get at. I really didn't need explanation on RD's loyalty, since that really wasnt the point of the topic; or at least the main one, in any case. Point of discussion: Show continuity and Spike still acting as a fill in for RD when need be. I mean, nothing against Derpy; she's by far best pony, and I'm stoked that she was put up front in this episode.

I just thought it ironic and Sad for his character development that Spike still got replaced as a replacement.

I think you're looking too far into this.

In RoH, Spike "filled in" for Rainbow Dash not because he was her "replacement", but because Twilight was pissed, angry, and just wanted to get the mess over with. Her friends are acting like complete jerks and Rainbow Dash can't be found? Fuck it, lets just try what we have.

Who was closest by? Spike. Who kept reminding her of the mess/who was missing? Spike. 

While I think that Spike should have more air time as an important character, this episode was more centered on RD and on a event for fliers. Putting Spike in there would have been all and well, but he would just be kinda there...which I feel adds onto the feeling of "Hey, we promised fans to use this character more often, let's just stick him/her in episode backgrounds instead of making another storyline centered for him/her." Meanwhile, I think its a first time a previously unnamed background pony with seldom lines through the show finally got a more involved role with a few of mane 6. Also, hurray for Derpy photo bomb~

Speaking of Owlowiscious wonder if we'll ever see him again, I do enjoy seeing the animals interact in episodes like Opalescence or Gummy or even Angel. Still though the whole Rainbow Falls thing deals with Rainbow Dash and the Equestria Games relay teams.