Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Fallout Equestria RP

Authetius

(edited)

RP Thread

This isn't really a vague idea anymore, I really do have a strong idea of what is going to go down in the rp already. This was, and is, a private RP that ran for a while then slowed a bit until now when we have players dropping or going too inactive to go anywhere. I'm looking for active people to jump in and play with us. You don't need to have read the Fallout Equestria fanfic, but it may give you ideas of how this is going to run and all that. One should note, however, that I will not let, what I deem, childish or crazy characters that take away from the story live for long. Oh, and yes - this is grimdark. Guns, explosions and death are guaranteed.

For those of you that do not know, Fallout Equestria is a post apocalyptic story set over 200 years after a great war between the zebras and Equestria over resources that ended in the destruction of the world by balefire bombs and megaspells. The few lucky enough in equestria survived the magic holocaust in large underground shelters known as stables. Now, 200 years later, most, if not all, stables have opened and released their citizens back to the cruel world where the surviving population have grown corrupt, violent and in some cases, mutated. The animals and plant life are often mutated and violent themselves and clean water and food have become rare and valuable.

If you're interested, drop a line and quick bit about the character that you're thinking about. You are not limited to unicorns/pegasi/earth ponies - you may also play as griffins and ghoul ponies. Pegasi are purposely rare, so I'll only allow on pegasi pc and that is first come first serve. Once I get a few more players and I'm satisfied with our number and activity then it will be going private and this topic will change to OOC.

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough
Link to RP Thread.

(edited)

I'm in. I'll throw in Gizmo, who's already there, and a new unicorn that I'll make soon. Of course, I've already talked to you about all that.

Edited by Linguz

I think since you're looking for newcomers now, this thread should probably be re-labeled as an OOC. OOC threads are used for sign-ups; Searching are used to garner interest for vague ideas.

Have re-prefixed this thread accordingly. You can also use it from now on as a place for your OOC.

I'll join! Expect this rp to become 20% more active in ten seconds flat :)

Awesome. Bring your character sheet in and expect to be put in soon. Auth and I planned for a certain something to happen, which you'll be how we get out of that problem. You and the rest of the new characters.

We're still waiting for one or two people, I believe.

Cool deal. Easel, make a character sheet and post it here on a link or something. I'll look at Coal's and Aureity's when I get home from school. I have an idea of how to get your characters into the roleplay and get this rolling, but I may have to alter it depending on their personalities.

Sure thing. I wont be picking up any more than four for now - that leaves us with 8 players, a bit more than I had expected so I may come up with some new things to make it work. Perhaps split group up for two seperate missions or something.

Looking at characters that are up now.

Ok Aureity - I like what I see of your character, but I'm looking for a bit that will fit him in with the FoE world. If you've read the book it's easy, I use the same world with few changes. Things like the circumstances you were raised in and all that. If you don't know, take a glance at a wiki or something or message me and I can help give you the info to throw it together. FoE is not set in the Equestria everyone knows and loves from the show. Post-apocolypse does that.

Coal - I accept your character, though I ask you don't go too crazy. Somewhat insane and unpredictable characters can be fun if played right, but there is in fact a limit. I also don't want anypony being OP - I'll allow magic to be your thing, but you gotta make a weakness and I don't want it to just be covered with magic. The ability to solve all situations with magic will not be granted as it would just wreck the game as I'm sure you know. Basically, I suggest picking an area of magic and a stable (hah!) personality as it's easier and less likely to cause problems, but if you're up to the challenge tbe go right ahead.

waiting on other people.

I'd like to reiterate in case someone missed this or I forgot to say it - I will kill off characters I don't like or take away from the game, but it wont happen for no reason.

(edited)

Wait, you'll be killing off people's characters without their permission? :( That doesn't seem quite so fair... I mean, I could see if it was a part of a plot or such, but it should be a pony that the owner agrees to have killed off. If they're making the roleplay dull or aren't being cooperative to the plot then you should at least give a warning, I think. :c

EDIT: http://mlpforums.com/topic/8970-desert-duster/

Edited by Easel

(edited)

alrighty, then I'll keep it down to controlled hysteria, after all he needs to be able to go into towns for supplies he cant get his hands on himself. So he'll just be a wacky person who uses a very off key sense of logic, you say potato, he says Cucumber.

With the limitation I would think he'd have trouble working with "constuctive" magics, those often require a stable mind and alot of patience. So he would be able to make something blow up with almost no problem (depending on what it is of course) but putting it back together would be much more difficult. As well as his reliance on magic has lead him to be less physically fit, so he wouldn't be able to do the same physical activities as others could fdo.

hows that?

Edited by Coal

I have not read the fanfic, but is it safe to assume things go similarly in stables as they went in the Vaults?

There isn't really much call for a lot of constructive magic in this RP, so that isn't much a weakness. I'd suggest some sort of actual physical disability instead of just not being athletic, or limit it to only being good with one type of magic.

My character has pretty powerful magic and is skilled with guns, but he has drawbacks of mental instability and being addicted to pretty much every drug widely available (and a few that aren't), and goes into crazy withdrawals without them, as you're about to see once night falls in the RP.

I have not read the fanfic, but is it safe to assume things go similarly in stables as they went in the Vaults?

Yeah, although they were running weird social experiments in some. Which is still like the Vaults of FO I guess :)

After Strong drank the health potion, he looked back at Autumn, "I'm alright Autumn, dont worry about me" he replied, sounding better than he really felt. He looked to Aria and asked, "Do you know of any kind of antivenom we could look for?" he asked her, his body beginning to shiver for no apparent reason.

((That actually is from Strong, as I will be posting for him.))

Aureity, Neikos, and Coal I haven't heard from since they last posted here. I have no character sheet for Neikos, Aureity I'm waiting on some alterations, Coal some balancing or alterations or something.

I think I'll accept Coal anyways and see how that goes for a bit.

Other than that, still open. I don't want to take on too many people so I will cut it off at some point - but it is first people done with their characters that get in. I will check out your characters when I get home Steampunk and Rainbow.

Rainbow - You're character is good from what I see. Note that you can indeed start with power armor and minigun/other big battle saddle weapon if you were to be a steel ranger or steel ranger outcast. Otherwise you'll have to ditch that bit of your character to start with. Again, no crazy OP characters, but I'll let you be somewhat of a killing machine - just know that power armor and big guns have some major flaws to go with their crazy advantages.

Oh - Unicorns can't wear standard power armor helmets - the horn gets in the way. For this reason, you can be an earth pony/pagasus and have a helmet, or ditch the helmet, which wouldn't be too great an idea as the helmet contains important parts to the armor - air filter, radiation protection, night vision, and use of the armor's computer and arcane matrix to name a few things. Power armor helmets for unicorns do exist, but they are rare and I wont let you have one for this reason - have to have a few perks for being an earth pony, sorry unicorns.

If you choose to be a steel ranger/outcast, you could make a short history bit - how you got in (born to it/recruited/why you were outcast if you were). Perhaps a rank (initiate/paladin and all that).

Steampunk - I like your character, approved. Only thing I can ask for is an alternate history for the FoE world - unless you just want to make it up on the fly, but I'd like to see how he fits into the wasteland and get an idea as to how to introduce your character into the game and get him involved with the current group - otherwise I improvise and it might not fit your character right.

okay here is an alternate backstory, his great-grandparents were inventors who lived alone in the wilderness, when the war started they created there own private stable with only a few other families deep underground that connected to a cave system. They lived down there for years but soon everyone died but CopperMane so he left the stable to back to the surface. I know it's rushed but I'll play off it from here.

just tell me if it needs fixing

Edited by thesteampunkninja

((That actually is from Strong, as I will be posting for him.))

(do you need something to happen before sigh and lunar arrive? Or can we just show up?)

Posts moved from the RP thread. Since you guys have an OOC thread now, use it for your OOC discussions.