Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why are Bronies getting death threats?

AppleGearRising

brohoof for mean girls :)

But I do agree with what you said! People are very quick to dislike, people hate anything that rocks the boat as it where, it's sad to be honest!

Much obliged, I like that movie anyway. :)

Honestly, you're right. People will target anything that they see that they won't like, then they will automatically hate it and find any way to ridicule anyone who likes it.

• Brohoof 1

There's alot of reasons people hate bronys. Personally, i think the reason bronys get more shit from haters then other fandoms is because we are one of the easiest targets. The fact that MLP is classified as a "little girl" show makes attacking us easier because it opens up the "You're a fag" and "filthy pedos" lines. This clams are often very harsh and extreme, and should never be used. But due to fact that you can say just about anything on the internet and get away with it, attack bronys has become more excepted and in some cases, more extreme. Simply put, Bronys are easy pray. and that's unfortunate.

• Brohoof 1

Because some people think that men and women liking a show based off of a toyline is the equivalent of hell on Earth. People over-react to it, and then we get trolled, threatened, or both.

Here's the thing; people are insecure and they love to hate. Therego, they choose something to hate and they bash people until they flip out. The only reason they bash us, however, is because they don't understand how we could like this. Because of this, they go off of pure bias, vendetta, and theory and send us "Death threats"

If they'd just stay the fuck out of our business, we wouldn't have this problem.

Well, many Bronies sadly tend to be very annoying. You know, with the 'Join the Herd' and ponify everything stuff...

But lets be honest, unless one of those 'Haters' show up at Brony Convention with an assault rifle and 600 bullets, i wouldn't pay those 'threats' much attention.

So there's Death threats now, I never thought I live to see the day, when hate for a fandom would spiral into outright genocide. The haters are getting out of hand, they better not threaten military bronies, they would last as long as a snowflake in the summer, but it is disturbing that the haters are trying to pick a fight, and call it a righteous act, a crusade as it were. Now I am aware that other fandoms have gotten similar reception, by so called moralists, they would have their perfect order at the cost of freedom and lives, now I would not take the threats too seriously, but don't lower you're guard, nevertheless our fan base will is stronger that the bellicose against us, we have valour and love, and those among the haters will never have the satisfaction of eliminating us from the internet, much less the world, as a military brony I say to all bronies and pegasisters, stand firm and keep the herd united, keep calm and pony, no matter where we are, Equestria is where the heart is.     

It's a balance of both society and the internet.  A lot of online death threats are just basically hot air.  I wouldn't even call it a death threat unless an individual was specifically targeted. 

That doesn't mean that the distress you feel because of these assholes isn't legitimate.  I don't want to be dismissive of anyone who feels like they're a victim of cyber bullying.  But you have to remember that these threats are mostly empty.

Because Anonymous got bored after bashing SOPA for all these years...
*cough cough* excuse me but I'm afraid to inform you that anonymous are a group of people who do not reveal their voice, face and personal information on the internet or outside certain forums and social website. Don't tie in the innocent to those who do bad that are part of said group.

anyway, these death threats are by trolls.

I'd caution those who vehemently say "they're just trolls, ignore them". While I've always felt it fine that we all put up with a certain modicum of spam and the occasional careless comment ("omg fukin horse-****er, u people make me sick"), there's a scale of it that most of us don't have to put up with.

I once had a single person from my YouTube channel that was super-annoyed, either at my videos containing ponies, or because I had a video in which FS' head was blown off with a shotgun (...what? It was funny in context!). He basically sent the same sort of death-threat comment, copy-pasted dozens of times, to both my videos and my channel. Since YouTube didn't have "block user from commenting" tools, I had to take the time to delete all of them individually as they were flooding the comments.

It was irritating; it affected me, though admittedly not on such a hard-core level. But I definitely realized, if I were any more famous, and had several of those people doing that sort of thing each day, or god forbid getting a hold of my more personal contact information, I *might not* be able to take it.

And what's more, I'm not even a parent, or a woman - for them, sometimes threats have to be taken seriously. There's that sadly-common statistic about 1 in 4 women being raped, and how in many city neighborhoods, you should follow basic principles of security. Just having to live your life with that level of caution all around you is damage enough. Do you ever *wonder* why many women don't want their gender known in internet communities?

I know trolls aren't going to be eliminated entirely. To most of us, they're words that will never hurt us. But words CAN hurt, and I don't think anyone should take the viewpoint that trolls will always exist and that we should never think about ways to stop them.

sticks_and_stones.png

Random article I googled to prove my point

Because the reaction the fandom had to the shutdown of "Ask Princess Molestia" is seen in a negative light, since many are sending Pinkiepony rape and death threats, and the fact that quite a few have sent Hasbro and DHX the same threats for making Equestria Girls.

• Brohoof 1

Its just biased haters who are oozing so much intolerance out the wazoo, that they lose all logic and resort to death threatening in a pitiable attempt to induce fear. As do most other bullies whose intellect is almost below average.

To see red at something so trivial basically defines one's character as sad and miserable.

I think most of the people making the death threats are a bunch of trolls, granted there is always the chance of some nutjob who is actually serious and thus should still be reported but it is just a bunch of desperate cries for attention from pathetic losers with no life.

while I really don't know why anyone would death threat anyone at all, let alone bronys, I did get a kind of inside look at maybe why there is so much brony hate.

my girlfriend was talking to her now 22 year old son about me. told him that I was into the my little pony.  the first thing he said was "oh god he isn't a brony is he?" which kinda bothered me. 

she asked him why being brony was so bad?, he said because they're always trying to insert the pony stuff into everything, even where it doesn't make sense to do so.

ok so a little background on him, he just graduated from the UofA with a 3.9. he is a third degree black belt. and he plays and writes reviews on video games. he also currently works with disabled children.  he is not a judgemental person, and is always very calm even if everyone else is flipping out. 

so I don't know but maybe there is something to that, or maybe I'm just a little biased because of who he is, but I kinda agree with his point. we tend to insert ourselves into anything and everything. 

• Brohoof 1

Oh wow death threats over the internet. Big surprise. But really who would take these guys seriously. 10-whatever year old guys talking trash. Truth is, I never saw any death threats but I knew they exist. I don't even know why we give them anymore attention.

Ok the title is pretty self-explanatory so I wont go into that too much.

So in light of recent events revolving around the circulation of a certain image declaring death to all bronies it got me thinking; who in their right mind would declare death to a very large amount of people, most of whom they've probably never even seen? Are we hated THAT much? And moreover what's the point in hating us?

Majority of "death threats" are made by trolls just to cause a shitstorm. There are of course some hateful individuals, but should they be taken seriously? They're few in numbers. They are just VERY loud. It's not new thing that most stupid, judgemental individuals with no arguments at all will be loudest.