Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Discord is plotting :D

DiscordAnarchy

Every time Discord has been shown, he seems to be plotting. Now, in the previous episode, it would seem that he wanted nothing more than to troll Twily and Cadence but in all honesty, I believe he REALLY wanted to see if Twilight would go to the ends of the earth for him. I think he is a selfish friend - someone who wants friends but doesn't want those friends to have friends of their own.

Whatever - that's not the point.

Discord - contrary to some people - is no idiot. He is very smart - moreso than ponies give him credit for. He was able to plant Seeds of Evil to seek out and destroy the Tree of Harmony (meaning that he predicted the discovery of the Elements by Luna and Celestia), he destroyed all of Twilight's notes on how to turn him back to stone; he convinced Fluttershy to never use her Element against him...

So what did he do in this episode? Well, let's think it over...what is the one thing in the episode that just stood out among everything else?

How about a massive flower whose petals are bigger than Twilight's bed? We learned that discord was faking his sickness so the flower's purpose was meaningless...

Or was it?

There is 1 flower in a vast wasteland on the edge of Equestria....one that towers over everything else...

Let's see...

Discord chooses the one day in which 2 inexperienced Alicorn princesses would be together. A day where these two princesses who have barely spent any time together would be more focused on regaining control of their day than worrying about what Discord is doing...

So...he tricks them to rip a gigantic flower from the ground...something both had to struggle to do...

What is this flower? Did it require the magic of 2 Alicorns to destroy this flower? Why this flower out of everything else?

Hmm....Discord's primary plan may have been to trick these princesses to destroy something that they wouldn't realize is actually very important to the world...

Hmmmmmmm

Discord_S02E02.png

• Brohoof 6

Hmm... You bring up an interesting point. A mild implication of the episode was that that flower was one of its own kind... hell, it could very well have been the only one. If there was some plotting meaning behind his actions, I'm certainly interested in learning just what it was.

I still stand by my view of him having been reformed, but if this IS all apart of some big scheme to ruin things... well, I hope they can actually pull it off.

I was actually thinking this as well. Given that he waited 1000 years or whatever for his tree to grow, I wouldn't be surprised if he has some grand scheme in mind.

Another thing that occurred to me... what if whatever is inside the six key chest is something that actually helps Discord, and he's been manipulating the Mane Six to open it for him, because he can't do it himself? Just a thought.

P.S. I don't think Twilight was helping Discord just because she wanted to help him feel better, more that she wanted to get it over with and get back to spending time with Cadance. (not that I would blame her for that)

It probably was very important because there was a huge Tatzlwurm guarding it. My main objection is how could Discord know about the biggest flower in all of Equestria, explain it to Twi and Cadence and somehow manage to skip over the Giant Tatzlwurm guard? My theory is that the flower may have just been part of Discord's friendship test. He either left out the Tatzlwurm because maybe he thought Twilight would back out of the task, or he didn't know about the Tatzlwurm at all. Maybe this will be brought up in a later episode where Discord reveals he wanted the flower due to it having a magical power of some sort. For now it is considered important until proven otherwise to me.

I was actually thinking this as well. Given that he waited 1000 years or whatever for his tree to grow, I wouldn't be surprised if he has some grand scheme in mind.

Another thing that occurred to me... what if whatever is inside the six key chest is something that actually helps Discord, and he's been manipulating the Mane Six to open it for him, because he can't do it himself? Just a thought.

Woah. :o I really hope this is true. This whole box is kind of a nice little plot, but if it turned out that Discord was just manipulating them to open some great evil... Wow. But then again, why would they need those friendship keys to open the box?

That is... brilliant!  If this somehow comes back to bite Twilight Sparkle and crew in the flanks would completely make my day!  An over arching Discord plot that is made up of a series of seemingly inconsequential actions that all lead up to one cataclysmic event, what more can I ask for?

You just got me psyched for something that's not going to happen, didn't you?

It could be plausible from what I've seen in the episode and from Discord in the season so far. It could be that he must've had something planned behind Twilight and her friends' flanks since his first plan to fully claim Equestria for his own worth backfired on him in the season 4 premiere, he has a back-up plan for that.

I'm still going to be keeping a close eye on him if he makes another appearance in the season. If he is plotting something behind the flanks of those who reformed him and the one who suggested to have him reformed in the first place, I think Equestria is in for a world of Topsy Turvy pranks, again.

• Brohoof 1

I thought the plan was simple.

The drive a devide between the princesses.  Who wants to fight 4 alicorn princess united?

I think it's very possible he's plotting.

Than again if he just got hit with the idiot stick i wouldn't be shocked either.

This is a pretty good idea, but you have a few of your facts wrong.

r. He was able to plant Seeds of Evil to seek out and destroy the Tree of Harmony (meaning that he predicted the discovery of the Elements by Luna and Celestia),

Discord never planted the seeds to destroy the Tree of Harmony. Remember, The tree prevented the seeds from growing out of control for many years. Also if he know about the elements I don't think he would be laughing at Celestia or Luna. Discord would have at least dogged that attack.

he destroyed all of Twilight's notes on how to turn him back to stone

He destroyed notes that would change his personality, not turn him back to stone. They can just use the elements to do that. 

As for the idea, I think he just wanted to mess with the 2. Still only time will tell if that flower was important or not.