movies/tv Why do most cartoons from Canada SUCK? (Please read before replying)

Nylon

Now, I'm not hating on Canada, it's a great country and I am trying my best to not sound like I'm hating on it as much as I can, but has anyone ever noticed that they've barely made anything decent when it comes to animation?

I know cartoons like Ed Edd N' Eddy, The Ripping Friends, and even MY LITTLE PONY: FRIENDSHIP IS MAGIC came from Canada (which ironically, a lot of people think those shows came from America), but those are the only shows I know that don't seem mediocre. Every other cartoon I have known from Canada like Yakity Yak, Total Drama Island, or Pucca just seem like garbage to me.

Is there anyone else that agrees with me on this, or am I missing out on a bunch of decent cartoons here?

There's Almost Naked Animals as well, it's a cartoon that I used to watch a bunch of episodes of before I watched MLP and wonder to myself "why the hell did I ever watch this crap?!"

• Brohoof 1

Well honestly most Canadian cartoons are kind of meh. There are some good ones like Ed Edd n Eddy but even so they're only animated in Canada even FIM is animated in Canada. The only other Canadian cartoon I kind of like is the Total Drama series, but even that can get into stupid territory sometimes. And of course there is Johnny Test, I don't want to talk about it. 

I'm not really a fan of animation (Aside from MLP and anime) but I do have to say that Canada's strong suit is Science Fiction. almost 90% of all science fiction shows are shot in Canada, and they're usually quite good.

I know everyone on this thread knows of the cartoon "Babar" (the one that we used to watch as kids about the big elephant king and etc. , might just be me though) that originated in Canada. A lot of people dislike Total Drama, but it's one of my favorite shows. Happy Tree Friends came from Canada (sick humor show, but I think it's funny).
I love Canada, that's where I want to move when I get out of college.

As the first poster mentioned, Ed Edd n Eddy and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic are the only shows I love the most. The rest are meh, and Johnny Test... I just wish it'd be dead already. And I do not hate Canada, in fact, I love Canada and am willing to live there. :wub:

Coming from a Canadian, I can honestly tell you, our animation isn't even our worst suit in television. You guys should see our reality competitions, haha, they're laughable. Shows from this country are horrible, I much prefer American shows and channels to our crap  :P

post-17140-0-50506500-1386712542.png

Signature by Pink Mist!

A lot of people dislike Total Drama, but it's one of my favorite shows. 

Yeah, pretty much. I actually really liked the second half of season 3. Alejandro is a sexy devil, and a total bastard. (And I love him for it.)

Actually liked the Total Drama series

I haven't seen enough Canadian cartoons to judge their quality overall, but I think it's possible that you're letting the stuff you don't enjoy crowd out everything else. Are American cartoons so amazing if you throw out Avatar: The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, Phineas and Ferb, Gravity Falls (possibly others like Adventure Time that I haven't seen)? I've seen my share of garbage, no matter what country the work comes from.

As the first poster mentioned, Ed Edd n Eddy and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic are the only shows I love the most. The rest are meh, and Johnny Test... I just wish it'd be dead already. And I do not hate Canada, in fact, I love Canada and am willing to live there. :wub:

Yeah, somebody needs to go up to Scott Fellows or whoever is still behind Johnny Test and hit him with an egg yelling at him to "CANCEL YOUR CRAPPY CARTOON!"

• Brohoof 1

WOO IM CANADIAN!! but we kind of suck at everything, so maybe! im joking of course~ our television in general is pretty much shit though so dont be surprised ^^ but i actually thought the Total Drama series was good *sorrynotsorry*

in conclusion: Canada is really cool and everybody should come live here.

that is all!

"Maybe in time, you'll want to be mine~?"

Loki is my boyfriend, Madoka is my waifu and 2-D is my lover. Aint got no real boys that like me tho

Talk to me about music, i love music.

"Up on melancholy hill, theres a plastic tree~ are you here with me~?"