Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Shifted (OOC)

Arylett Charnoa

Cole arrived just in time to see Artsy and Peach fighting each other. Discord was there as well, eating popcorn. Serah was right behind the demigod, watching the battle. Out of the corner of his eye, he saw Lionhart putting Silver into some kind of magic barrier. Again? he couldn't help but think bitterly. What's with him getting hurt all the time?

He blinked at Artsy's words in surprise. Damn, she's pretty angry.

No, really? How long was it going to take you to figure that out, Cole? a quiet, angry voice responded.

Cole blinked once again. Discord? he asked uncertainly.

No, I'm not with that freak.

Then who and what are you?

The voice didn't respond for a few seconds. Finally, it sighed. My name...is Misery. it admitted. As for what I am, it's a long story. But I'll tell you.

Cole felt himself phase through the ceiling and rocket into the sky. "Hey, hey, hey!" he frantically yelped. Finally, he was at a point high above Ponyville. "What the hell was that for?" he demanded.

So a certain somepony wouldn't eavesdrop. Now do you want to hear this or not?

"...Yes."

After another silence, a series of images flashed into his mind.

- - - - - - -

A very long time ago, I was one of what was known as the Elements of Disharmony. There were six of us: Discord, Deceit, Betrayal, Cruelty, Greed, and myself. We each had a part of Equestria to rule over, but there was a problem: We all hated each other terribly. Greed kept trying to invade Deceit's portion, but he always failed. Betrayal and Cruelty kept forming and breaking alliances at will. And I....

I was alone. I mostly kept out of their little wars, unless one or two of them tried to gang up on me. At first, I took pride in my job. It was so fun to make everypony miserable back then. But soon, everything changed. Discord started getting more and more violent in his takeover of other lands. Ponies were dying left and right: Sucked into black holes, teleported into lava and burned to a crisp...

And so we decided to rebel. We had never been a bunch of goody-goody two hooves, but if there was one thing we could agree on, it was that Discord had finally crossed the line. So we invaded his castle one night. We confronted him in his throne room, confident we could beat him easily.

We were wrong.

He made Deceit lose his mind out of sheer paranoia. Greed was swarmed by what your kind would probably call 'Scarab beetles' and eaten alive instantly. Cruelty was paralyzed and tossed out of the window. And Betrayal...well, I'd rather not get into what he did to him. It was just me and Discord left when they came. The door blew open, and two alicorns inadvertantly saved me from a painful death. I was almost unconscious, panting in pain on the ground, so I can't say what was real and what was a hallucination. But I saw them turn Discord into stone. The last thing I remember was him screaming in fear. I'll never forget it.

Their job almost done, the two princesses turned to my broken body and discussed what to do with me. I begged them to send me somewhere else but here. I didn't care if I ended up on the moon. I just wanted to leave this place and never return.

So they cast me into a swirling portal, and I transformed into some kind of energy. I fell through space and time until I finally arrived on Earth.

- - - - - - -

When the story was done, Cole was at a loss for words. "But why me?" he managed to ask.

You were the only suitable host I could find in the area. Misery explained. Also, I...kind of took a liking to you.

"Care to elaborate on that?"

Later. Right now, you still have to deal with Discord.

Cole blinked once again. "So can we go back down? Artsy and Peach are..." he reminded the body-less being.

Right, of course. Hold on!

Cole felt himself slam back into his body, still looking at the fight. Everything was the same as usual, except Lionhart was talking to Serah. He quietly trotted over to the two of them, careful not to attract Discord's attention. "Does anyone have a plan?" he asked Lionhart.

I think its a good idea Deshi, but not for this RP. It completely detracts from the point of this forum. I think that it would be a good idea for an original RP, but i, and im sure others, would appreciate it if you would edit this post to not include these new ideas. Its already hard to keep this RP coordinated with all these people, this will do nothing but confuse the story.

• Brohoof 1

I'll explain more later on. After the first fight with Discord, Misery will open up about his first meeting with Cole. That part is gonna contribute to why he's different then he was back then.

*Clears throat* What? For the first time, I'm confused. :blink:

It true :o God you are amazing

Was there ever any doubt? ;)

............I'm always looking for a way to say that, HAHA! No really thank you, I'm very humbled!

• Brohoof 1

So much is going on right now that I'm confused as well. It's just so much awesomeness that I can't process it! I don't even know if I should post! Brave can't do jack sh@t right now. He's gotta babysit and probably everyone wants a bit of the action. XD

I think its a good idea Deshi, but not for this RP. It completely detracts from the point of this forum. I think that it would be a good idea for an original RP, but i, and im sure others, would appreciate it if you would edit this post to not include these new ideas. Its already hard to keep this RP coordinated with all these people, this will do nothing but confuse the story.

Gotta say...I agree with him. It would be awesome for it's own RP. But, it's like an entire different plot. My opinion, of course.

Edited by PeachPalette

(edited)

Posted Image

Ajdijsidjsidjsidjsdi AWESOMENESS

...Yeah. I'm usually more eloquent than that too. I love the way you drew Artsy. Her expression seems perfect. Even though my mind's being a bit nitpicky because she wasn't really laying down on the bed, I think it looks better for the picture this way. Celestia's expression and hologrammyness shows perfectly! This is a great illustration. It totally looks like it'd be in a book if this RP was one.

Yea I know my structure is kinda off sometimes cause I write and think what I will write at the same moment somany times it ends up like that. You call that wall of text :o You wouldnt survive where I used to RP :P and monolougues are fun to do :P I always point out if it a though

Anyway I always write he thought when it it in his head :/ but oh well

this is talking to her the moment she brough silver. The first paragraph is talking to himself and the last paragraph back to Serah

Try to make your structure a little clearer, yeah. If we have trouble reading your post at all, that's a problem. I myself admit I have some trouble deciphering exactly what's going on. Maybe you should italicize his thoughts instead of putting them in quotation marks and say more clearly who you're talking to.

1. My bad. Now I changed it.

2. If Artsy is reading this, I want to clarify that I'm not introducing another playable character. Misery is just there to provide commentary and background info about Discord when neccessary. Nothing more.

Personally, I like the idea. But it's veering a little too much in a direction I've seen another RP I used to be in go. As long as Misery does NOTHING MORE and has no further powers to interfere with the group, I don't see why it would be a problem. Also, to prevent things from becoming confusing, let's not let this Disharmony plot develop into anything more than just Misery being there providing commentary. I don't want to see the other elements return.

So much is going on right now that I'm confused as well. It's just so much awesomeness that I can't process it! I don't even know if I should post! Brave can't do jack sh@t right now. He's gotta babysit and probably everyone wants a bit of the action. XD

Well, if you think there's something for him that he needs to do, go ahead. If nopony seems to be listening to him, maybe you could post for him trying to get the others attention or feeling like he isn't a true leader as you said previously. Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough
  • Brohoof 1

I may do just that I will italize the thouh and be more specif on what going on from now on.

Sorry for the trouble I may be causing

What I do for my character's thoughts now is italicize them and put them in asterisks. Just sharing how I do my char's thoughts

I may do just that I will italize the thouh and be more specif on what going on from now on.

Sorry for the trouble I may be causing

Also, you might want to split things into paragraphs more often. For example, there shouldn't be more than two pairs of quotation marks in a single paragraph. Meaning, you can have this.

"Hi, my name is Tommy and this is my sentence of dialogue." Tommy said. "Please don't stuff me in a bag and murder me."

But not this:

"Hi." he said. "My name is Tommy." He paused for a second. "Please don't stuff me in a bag and murder me."

And certainly not this:

"Hi." he said. "My name is Tommy." He paused for a second. "Please don't stuff me in a bag and murder me." He looked towards someone else. "Oh hi, did you hear me say my name to the other person?" he asked. "It's Tommy. My name is Tommy." he reiterated. "Also don't stuff me in a bag and murder me." he was emphatic. "Seriously, don't do that one specific thing. It'll be bad."

Seriously. Stuffing people into bags and murdering them isn't cool. Words to live by.

• Brohoof 1

Well, if you think there's something for him that he needs to do, go ahead. If nopony seems to be listening to him, maybe you could post for him trying to get the others attention or feeling like he isn't a true leader as you said previously.

Welp, I'm gonna reread everything... Again. Lemme see if I can get something to post from the UBER AMAZING LONG OVERPOWERING EPIC SAGA THAT IS SHIFTED.

EDIT: I just whipped this thing up quickly. (Thank you Powerpoint certification class...) It's probably crap from what actual artists can do:

post-2619-0-73176400-1332886451.jpg

Edited by Wolfe
  • Brohoof 2

Nice wolf! Kind of gives the idea of two sides. I can see some epic background behind it. Something purple and hazy? OH I COULD DO THAT EASY CAN I CAN I CAN I?????

@peachesdrawing. OH MY GOSH THATS INCREDIBLE. EVEN THE DISCORD DRAWING. I present you a challange! Draw every single scene of importance in Shifted! *trollface.png*

Cant wait to see the Discord, Artsy, Peach and Silver pick. :D

• Brohoof 1

Welp, I'm gonna reread everything... Again. Lemme see if I can get something to post from the UBER AMAZING LONG OVERPOWERING EPIC SAGA THAT IS SHIFTED.

EDIT: I just whipped this thing up quickly. (Thank you Powerpoint certification class...) It's probably crap from what actual artists can do:

post-2619-0-73176400-1332886451.jpg

Very cool! I very much enjoy the effect. You know, if this becomes big enough and enough people are interested/create enough artwork, I may create a DA group for us to submit our fanart/fanfiction (if it really gets to that. I've seen some people write little side stories elaborating on their character's history in some RPs) of Shifted. Though I'd rather make the logo myself if that's all right.

Anyway, I think you guys are doing a bang-up job! Kudos to you for making Shifted very interesting. I love your characters, especially Serah. She has such an interesting backstory and I was enthralled in the post with Balrog. I can't wait to see what else you guys come up with. Keep up the good work! :D

• Brohoof 1

Well all right then. Heres a rough draft on the logo. I'll let Ary decide if she likes it. If anyone really likes it i'll work on it so it doesn't have some of that bad-editing stuff in it. If you could get me a version of your picture with a transparent background, wolfe, that would be perfect. It would make it so much easier.

Posted Image

• Brohoof 1

I think this is transparent? I don't really have any sort of art program to do anything. Again, I'm not the artists.

post-2619-0-54985400-1332896862.jpg

Edited by Wolfe

I love your characters, especially Serah. She has such an interesting backstory and I was enthralled in the post with Balrog.

Posted Image

Thanks!

I've really enjoyed the RP so far; it's already the longest-running one I've been involved with. Even though it's only gone on for... 21 days? Wow, it felt much longer than that!