Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching Shifted (OOC)

Arylett Charnoa

You must live on the west coast because im going to sleep too. And i leave you all with....

Silver going unconscious again??? GODAMMIT.

• Brohoof 1

You must live on the west coast because im going to sleep too. And i leave you all with....

Silver going unconscious again??? GODAMMIT.

Silver, can I have it such that a stray fireball was aimed toward Artsy, but I threw myself at it?

Well... why would you do that? I mean unless its something really important thats going to set up some larger thing you have planned i don't see much of a need for it. But i guess thats okay. I mean once im unconscious i can't control where the fireballs are going.

Well... why would you do that? I mean unless its something really important thats going to set up some larger thing you have planned i don't see much of a need for it. But i guess thats okay. I mean once im unconscious i can't control where the fireballs are going.

It's more for Brave's character development. It's part of his character personality as I have it in hid description: "He will, more than often, put everypony's needs and wants before his own."

Alright that works, but there is the issue of surviving a fireball.

It'll be explained, if not now, then later. I just hope it's not exactly godmodding or Mary Sue-ing.

Edited by Wolfe

Narutarded, I have noticed that the quality of your posts has not been... quite satisfactory to the participation in this RP. Your character does not appear to have as much depth, and just does things at random. Further, it doesn't appear as if he has a grip of what's going on.

A general rule in roleplaying: If two people (or ponies in this case) are having some sort of epic fight - you usually stay out of it. Unless you can find some way that isn't quite as contrived and makes sense to enter it. The way your character entered the fight was just sort of abruptly and out of nowhere, and it really doesn't flow. It makes for a more epic narrative if the two of them just continued to fight alone, as the others focus on their own pursuits.

Also, I see there's some godmodding in there. You controlled Peach's movement by making her get up. And assuming she even got hit by your attack in the first place.

Most of your posts have this quality; abrupt and not really fitting into the story. If this quality continues, I'm going to have to eject you from the roleplay.

I see, you can delete that post, I'll figure out what to make, sorry about that

I'd try my hands at contributing to the artistic nature for this RP, but... To be frank, I suck at art... Bad...

You think you suck...I can barely draw stick figures :S

Still though, if there's anything any of you need me to do, just ask. I suck at most things art, but that doesn't mean I can't try. I wanna do SOMETHING useful. :

Oh, and anybody know what I should do when my char gets to Canterlot? I have no idea...

Edited by Auroreita Borealis

I'll see what I can do to fix this, I've written a longer post, hope it's good

Edited by Narutardedscum

Okay everyone. I'm going to bed... at 4 AM (EST). I expect you all to write a sh@t ton of stuff by the time I get back from classes. And somehow, maybe even in a different setting. So woop woop. G'night everybody!

wow you people do so many stuff and all I salute you all. Even in the Rp I kinda left behind you all write backstories and all while my char has nothing that special to add :P Oh well. This is actually one of the most interesting RPies I have been in. Salute again to you all

*it was black, and Silver was unconscious.*

What else is new? Im always unconscious for the best moments.

Quick question about the elements. Do they have to be different then the previous? Also we aren't all finding them at once right? We need some time to WAKE UP FIRST. And Silver probably won't wake up until the battle is over. Peache apparently didn't notice me trying to get into her head and showing her the human world. :P

Is it all right if I make a princess (Celestia or Luna) talk to me?

I think we probably have enough characters receiving guidance from god-like entities, between Artsy's connection with Celestia, and that "Misery" fellah.

Update:

That feel when you spend 30 minutes writing a post only for someone else to post the exact minute before you were about to click "post".

:blink:

That feel when it actually doesn't mess with your post, and ends up creating an even better scene.

:lol:

(Good afternoon, everybody!)

Edited by Legendary Emerald

Errr... I've got no idea if Brave's kick connected with Discord or not. So... I'm kinda stuck in the air... Yeah...

Huh... I might have read your post wrong.

Also, you are allowed to land attacks on NPC characters at will. I think the reason you were ignored is that you didn't actually do anything, only started to do something.

Edit: Took out any mention of your character from my post. Hope you can figure out what to do with your character's presence now.

Ohhh. I was afraid to say that I hit Discord. I just believed that Artsy or Peach was DMing Discord. I didn't want to seem like I was godmodding. This kind of RP is slightly different than what I know of.

The kind of RP I did before was a chat based, so everyone controlled someone, even if it was some NPC. It's a bit weird for me. I can't even think if some sort of dialogue between me and Discord atm. XD

Another problem I see is what to do now. Should I edit my last post or makes new one? And how will that affect Peach who is currently being held?

Edited by Wolfe

Ohhh. I was afraid to say that I hit Discord. I just believed that Artsy or Peach was DMing Discord. I didn't want to seem like I was godmodding. This kind of RP is slightly different than what I know of.

The kind of RP I did before was a chat based, so everyone controlled someone, even if it was some NPC. It's a bit weird for me. I can't even think if some sort of dialogue between me and Discord atm. XD

Another problem I see is what to do now. Should I edit my last post or makes new one? And how will that affect Peach who is currently being held?

Discord's minor actions are being controlled by everyone, at this point. That said, storytelling should be taken into consideration before he is made to do anything or say anything.

You can either edit your previous post to show the outcome of your attack, or do a posthumous explanation for what happened in a new post. Just be aware that, since you were levitating in the air and doing nothing for several posts, quite a bit has happened since then. So your kick, even if it connected, isn't a fight ender. :)

Discord's minor actions are being controlled by everyone, at this point. That said, storytelling should be taken into consideration before he is made to do anything or say anything.

You can either edit your previous post to show the outcome of your attack, or do a posthumous explanation for what happened in a new post. Just be aware that, since you were levitating in the air and doing nothing for several posts, quite a bit has happened since then. So your kick, even if it connected, isn't a fight ender. :)

Well, I can probably post that I kicked after Discord grabbed Peach, but then whether she gets dropped or not is something I think I'd need to talk about. Jeez I feel like I made a big boo-boo. XD. I'll see what I can do once I return to my dorm room within 2 hours or so...

EDIT:

Okay, just added this to my previous post. Doesn't affect anyone, shows that I missed, and doesn't affect the story already told.

Discord easily stepped back and avoided the kick. Brave flew back down and grunted from the missed effort and of his charred right side.

Try harder next time, weakling. You can't do anything to help anyone...

Brave looked at Discord with a glare that even made himself wince, due to his current pain.

Edited by Wolfe

Personally, I like the idea. But it's veering a little too much in a direction I've seen another RP I used to be in go. As long as Misery does NOTHING MORE and has no further powers to interfere with the group, I don't see why it would be a problem. Also, to prevent things from becoming confusing, let's not let this Disharmony plot develop into anything more than just Misery being there providing commentary. I don't want to see the other elements return.

There's no chance of the others coming back. Betrayal, Greed, Deceit, and Cruelty are dead. Misery is pretty much a floaty energy cloud trapped in Cole's mind right now, and he's not exactly in the most charitable mood to help Discord after everything he (Discord) did.

Right now, Cole is helping Serah and Artsy out with Discord. And yes, I know the idea of an "Element of hope" is cheesy and cliche.

Edited by Deshi Bashara

A blue aura swirled around him as he levitated a few feet above the ground with his wings. The air crackled, sizzled, and popped with energy as his eyes narrowed in determination. He felt like he was a living battery, a force of nature set loose upon his enemies.

... "I am the element of hope!" he roared, thrusting his hooves at the bound demigod. A lightning bolt flew at Discord, striking him directly in the chest. The beast howled in agony as he took the full brunt of the blast.

Wait. Wait, wait, wait, wait. If your character is a pegasus, he should not have access to magic. That is breaking the rules of series canon, and treading into over-powered territory.

Yes, pegasi are connected to weather. But they can't shoot lighting out of their hands... er, hooves. I suppose one might be able to manually manipulate clouds and cause lightning, as we've seen from Derpy's cloud-hopping accidents, but that is very different than what you have described.

Edit: Since I'm playing the OP card on you, I suppose it makes sense to look at myself closer too. But I feel I've done well with not making my character overpowered; she has never actually flown, only levitated herself a foot off the ground with a simple spell that any unicorn could manage if they had the mental fortitude. Her strongest attacks thus-far have occurred in Discord-tainted dreams where she doesn't have limits, and her current attack is only possible because of the power-up that Silver's fireball inadvertently gave her.

Plus, she is extremely susceptible to cold, and nearly died of frostbite earlier. She doesn't bother to think things through that often, she's a hot-head, and she didn't even realize Equestria wasn't just a bad dream until pretty recently. Even though I created her to be a strong fighter character (hence element of power), I've tried to balance her out with character flaws and weaknesses too.

(edited)

You think you suck...I can barely draw stick figures :S

Still though, if there's anything any of you need me to do, just ask. I suck at most things art, but that doesn't mean I can't try. I wanna do SOMETHING useful. :\

Oh, and anybody know what I should do when my char gets to Canterlot? I have no idea...

I'm... not sure what your character is doing at the moment. Since Discord's about to be defeated.

*it was black, and Silver was unconscious.*

What else is new? Im always unconscious for the best moments.

Quick question about the elements. Do they have to be different then the previous? Also we aren't all finding them at once right? We need some time to WAKE UP FIRST. And Silver probably won't wake up until the battle is over. Peache apparently didn't notice me trying to get into her head and showing her the human world. :P

ABOUT THE ELEMENTS: (And pay attention, everyone!)

Not all of the ponies have to participate, but a larger number do than what is currently happen. I'd like to see a few more of the characters access their elements before I make another post. Oh and yes, the elements have to be different from the ones in canon.

There's no chance of the others coming back. Betrayal, Greed, Deceit, and Cruelty are dead. Misery is pretty much a floaty energy cloud trapped in Cole's mind right now, and he's not exactly in the most charitable mood to help Discord after everything he (Discord) did.

Right now, Cole is helping Serah and Artsy out with Discord. And yes, I know the idea of an "Element of hope" is cheesy and cliche.

All right. That's fine then.

Wait. Wait, wait, wait, wait. If your character is a pegasus, he should not have access to magic. That is breaking the rules of series canon, and treading into over-powered territory.

Yes, pegasi are connected to weather. But they can't shoot lighting out of their hands... er, hooves. I suppose one might be able to manually manipulate clouds and cause lightning, as we've seen from Derpy's cloud-hopping accidents, but that is very different than what you have described.

Edit: Since I'm playing the OP card on you, I suppose it makes sense to look at myself closer too. But I feel I've done well with not making my character overpowered; she has never actually flown, only levitated herself a foot off the ground with a simple spell that any unicorn could manage if they had the mental fortitude. Her strongest attacks thus-far have occured in a dream world where she doesn't have limits, and her current attack is only possible because of the power-up that Silver's fireball inadvertently gave her. Plus, she is extremely susceptible to cold, and nearly died of frostbite earlier.

I suppose that's correct that he's pushing it a bit for a pegasus. But I wouldn't mind if all of the characters started glowing and hovering in the air for a moment, as it signifies that they are accessing their element which happens in the series. He can also let off a small glow from the element inside of him and do some minor magic. I'd count that as the element and not his actual pegasus power.

Is it all right if I make a princess (Celestia or Luna) talk to me?

I don't think so. Legendary Emerald explains it.

Oh and about everyone thinking that Artsy is the "chosen one," she's not. It's just that Celestia happened to meet her in the Everfree Forest. And since she was the only one Celestia had met (and remembered), she appeared to her in the form of the hologram to tell her how to defeat Discord. It was all sort of a coincidence. :P

Edited by Arylett Dawnsborough