Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Left Shift vs Right Shift

碇 シンジン

Shift=)?  

91 users have voted

1. 1. Which Shift button you use more often =)?=)?=)?

• Left shift
    • Right shift

(edited)

hard to vote because I use the nearest one to the key, If for example I capital the Letter "L" or "I" I use right shift, 

If I capitalize the letter "R" I use left shift, if i'm being honest here, I mostly capitalize "I" so I guess right shift is used more.

Edited by Raito
  • Brohoof 1

Whooops I just voted wrong... I only use right shift, the left shift might as well not exist for me. >.>

(For some reason I thought the one I only used was the left shift but now that I actually pay attention...)

• Brohoof 1

If I'm typing properly with two hands then I'll tend to use the right shift but if I'm being lazy and just using one hand then I'll just use the closest one to the letter. Surely one-handed typing is the reason there are two in the first place.

• Brohoof 1

With my custom style of typing, my pinkie is pretty much always hovering over the left shift key while my other pinkie is usually over the L. So yeah, take a wild guess which shift key I use :P

• Brohoof 1

I type pretty fast so I don't usually pay attention to what I use (but typing out this response helped decide for me). I use caps lock more since it's easier to get to for me but if I had to choose one then left shift it is.

• Brohoof 1

It's supposed to depend on the letter you're capitalizing, lol. I've been using my phone for a while, I can't remember which I used mire often.

• Brohoof 1

Depends on your hand orientation, if you're right handed you'll most certainly use the left one most of the time, if you're left handed you'll use the right one a lot more often. I'm ambidextrous but I prefer left.

I use the Caps lock button then left shift for capitalizing, but everything else I use the left shift button. The right is just there and never touched. 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Both shift keys seem to have different uses for me:

Left Shift: More often used when playing games (one notable use being sprint key in FPS games).

Right Shift: More often used to capitalize letters when typing.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna
  • Brohoof 1