Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Left Shift vs Right Shift

碇 シンジン

Shift=)?  

91 users have voted

1. 1. Which Shift button you use more often =)?=)?=)?

• Left shift
    • Right shift

(edited)

I use left shift the most when using my keyboard. I rarely use the right shift key, if not barely at all. 

Same here! I'm not sure if I've ever used my right shift.  
Edited by Quartz Aegis
  • Brohoof 1

Both. I use the left one while gaming, and the right one when I'm writing.

Using the right one in a game would be very difficult, because I'm used to the WASD layout. The shift key on the left is closest to those other ones and I use a mouse with my right hand.

When I write, however, I always tend to hold the right shift key when capitalising a word, although my finger still hovers over the left key.

• Brohoof 1

I know that left shift wins by a landslide. I have noticed this with my friends. I surprisingly only use right shift. Maybe is has to do with whether you are a lefty or a righty? I know that I most likely use right shift because I use a mouse with my left hand, so when I am trying to do something while using a mouse, it is easier for my right hand to reach right shift (Weirdly enough, though, when I game, I use left shift and WASD with my right hand while continuing to use my left for the mouse. It's just the way I started playing and now I'm so used to it :lol: ).

Edited by Joseph Stallion
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...

I always go left. I do most of the other stuff with my right hand so that leaves my lonely old lefty with nothing to do but press that Shift key. I wouldn't deny my left hand that one simple pleasure in life. 

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Pretty much only use Left Shift. I don't think I've ever used Right Shift, or at least, not recently. I'll just type normally and use my left pinkie to grab the Shift when needed.

If I need to capitalize a letter that I'd normally type with my left pinkie (A, Q or Z), I'll move my left ring finger over to type it while my pinkie gets the Shift. :P

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a very weird topic. You're supposed to use the right shift key when capitalizing the left-hand letters and the left shift key for the right-handed ones. That's just typing 101.

Never understood the purpose of the right shift key and never used it. I didn't even know it is a shift key. It was always just...there. :ButtercupLaugh:
Just like the the 17 keys on the right side (numbers etc.), it serves no purpose whatsoever. :coco:

• Brohoof 2