Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Left Shift vs Right Shift

碇 シンジン

Shift=)?  

91 users have voted

1. 1. Which Shift button you use more often =)?=)?=)?

• Left shift
    • Right shift

ooBrony brohoofs any response.. FREE BROHOOF HERE I COME! :D

I only ever use the right shift if its bound to something in a game, i've used it maybe less than 100 times in total.

• Brohoof 1

Left Shift... I use it to capitalize everything, including the L showing "Left shift" at the beginning of this post.

Even if I were to capitalize an O or a P, I still always use Left Shift. It just seems easier than using Right Shift for me :)

• Brohoof 1

Personally I prefer redshift/blueshift.

Doppler-redshift.jpg

As far as keyboards go, always left shift. I don't think I can recall any time where I've actively used the right shift key.

• Brohoof 1

I used to just caps lock everything but then I would constantly look like an idiot sending a message in caps :blush:. So I chose the left shift to turn into a habit and now it is =D! I swear it has its own gravity now :yay:.

• Brohoof 1

The way I had typing drilled into me, I always use the shift key further from the letter I want to capitalize. That's about a 50-50 split, but since the right side of the keyboard has punctuation keys ( ; ' , . / [ ] ) in the place of letters on the left side, I guess I use the right shift a little more?

I'm surprised no one else types this way. The way I was taught, it was as if this was the only way to type.

• Brohoof 1

I normally use the left shift, as i use my right pinkie to backspace. But sometimes ill use the right shift i need a lot of capital letters on the left side of the keyboard.

• Brohoof 1

Left shift for life! Mainly because it's usually the sprint button and the right shift doesn't work.. But I use it in typing as well. Only times I use right shift are when programs need me to use it or I'm eating with one hand and typing with the other..

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I tend to my right shift button. Mainly due to the "hand layout" I have when I'm typing on a keyboard.

Although I never really paid attention to that kind of thing :P

To give a bit more details though, I tend to use my right shift for typing and my left shift for sprinting/running in games.

Edited by Angry Cartoon Nerd
  • Brohoof 1