Pinkie Pie's intelligence low?

Grumpy Enchantress

Not stupid at all. I think Pinkie is just as intelligent as AJ, Fluttershy, and Rainbow Dash, maybe even Rarity, but dunno.

Anyway, the thing is she's just childish; doesn't make her dumb, doesn't make her bad. She's just a filly trapped inside of a mare's body, and I find that to be fun :D

As soon as you said AJ, i approved this.

Well, I've never been a big fan of Pinkie Pie, mainly because I saw her as kind of stupid from the beginning. I think that now her stupidity is just becoming more entertaining.

a6i1b3V.png

Rarity is best pony.

Enjoy violent fan fiction? Come check out mine right here

"In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king. But in the darkness the one man holding a candle is a target."

-Michael Grant, Fear

What? How dare you. I would never say that. The context was that I thought that the word 'stupider' implied that Pinkie was stupid already. She's just eccentric. Huge difference. What you said was a huge slap in the face.

...The point about Pinkie not being stupid was my point.  And how was I supposed to know you would never say that?  I don't even know you, and a lot of people would say that.  It's not even like I said you said that, I was just asking if that's what you meant.  And is asking a question deserving of getting "How dare you" and "What you said was a huge slap to the face"?

No; she simply has the "Attention Deficit... Ooh, Shiny!" trope.

you mean she EMBODIES "Attention Deficit.....Ooh, Shiny!" right?

Don't be a nerd. Join the herd!

you mean she EMBODIES "Attention Deficit.....Ooh, Shiny!" right?

Um, no.  She hasn't been shown to have that trope in excess until recently.  Before she was willing to watch paint dry even with all the chaos around her.  In the earlier seasons, she was sometimes prone to this, but hardly embodying it.

I have a headcanon that Pinkie doesn't actually exist in this reality, but in fact in a parallel dimension that intersects very closely with ours. Since these parallel dimensions are so close, their timelines mostly line up, and she can exist in both simultaneously, but occasionally events will differ slightly between them, and her brain will have to either deal with two full inputs, or she will blink out of one momentarily. Obviously, if a normal pony were to experience this, they would completely lose their minds, but because Pinkie Pie was born like this, she doesn't think anything of it, and she's gotten used to the things that go on around her not always making sense, because she thinks that's just the way the world works.

Pinkie Pie is actually a genius; her brain is just working overtime to keep things in basic working order.

• Brohoof 2

I have a headcanon that Pinkie doesn't actually exist in this reality, but in fact in a parallel dimension that intersects very closely with ours. Since these parallel dimensions are so close, their timelines mostly line up, and she can exist in both simultaneously, but occasionally events will differ slightly between them, and her brain will have to either deal with two full inputs, or she will blink out of one momentarily. Obviously, if a normal pony were to experience this, they would completely lose their minds, but because Pinkie Pie was born like this, she doesn't think anything of it, and she's gotten used to the things that go on around her not always making sense, because she thinks that's just the way the world works.

Pinkie Pie is actually a genius; her brain is just working overtime to keep things in basic working order.

Like Beyond Two Souls?......Forget I just mentioned that "game."  :eww:

• Brohoof 1

"Oh look, there's our friend Rarity GOING DOWN IN FLAMES!!! ISN"T FRIENDSHIP MAGIC!!!?" -Tabitha St. Germain as Rarity

"No matter how many times others tell you you're great, all the praise in the world means nothing if you don't feel it inside.......Sometimes to feel good about yourself, you gotta let go of the past. That way, when the time comes to let your greatness fly, you'll be able to light up the whole sky." -Cathy Weseluck as Spike 

...The point about Pinkie not being stupid was my point.  And how was I supposed to know you would never say that?  I don't even know you, and a lot of people would say that.  It's not even like I said you said that, I was just asking if that's what you meant.  And is asking a question deserving of getting "How dare you" and "What you said was a huge slap to the face"?

Sorry, I didn't mean those two quoted phrases in a malicious and confrontational way.

OCs: RileyAnala

No, I don't think so at all.  I think from the beginning of the show, she's been portrayed as someone who just processes information and acts differently than the rest of us.  I think it's pretty silly to categorize anybody who acts differently than society's norm as being stupid.

It's not that she doesn't know what's going on, it's that she just has her own way of doing things and her own set of priorities.  

I think a lot of people are quick to point out examples of her doing things like coloring in a coloring book instead of actually helping solve a disaster as her being stupid.  I don't think it is at all... I think that while other people are quick to get swept away with worrying about an immediate problem, her focus is on making sure her friends are happy, so when the rest of the mane 6 are caught up in some big adventure, Pinkie is still concerned about making sure everybody's spirits remain high, and not necessarily on actually solving the immediate threat.

In other words, I think it's not so much that she's 'stupid' and doesn't know what's going on, it's that she trusts her friends to handle situations which she isn't best equipped to deal with, and focuses her energy on laughter and happiness, which we've known from the first episode has been the strength that she brings to the Mane 6.

• Brohoof 4

img-23847-1-aa10eb634dc44e5eb17a14f9f87874b5.png

Like Beyond Two Souls?......Forget I just mentioned that "game."  :eww:

I've never played it, although I know that it's about having a poltergeist or something. And that's there's no such thing as organic gameplay in it. "  :eww:  " is right.

Lol, that almost makes sense though, if you imagine it working the opposite way. Rather then there being two seperate pinkies, one from a different dimension, both sharing the same dimension together, there's only one Pinkie Pie and she has to fill double duty for both. But again, she's not aware of it, and even though she's a genius, after the roiling confusion and nonsensical wierdness her brain has to work through, all that's left over is just enough brainpower to make her seem simple in social interactions.

Edited by HappyGasProductions

No. If anything, Pinkie is extremely smart and resourceful. She has an amazing memory, and the only thing that makes her look the slightest bit stupid is that she never seems to be serious. She has a hidden intelligence that we all saw in EqG, even if it wasn't canon.

So, here's to Pinkie Pie, the funniest pony in the show.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know if stupider is the best word for it. just funnier would work better.

You have no idea how badly i want to put the brazzers symbol on those... (i actually did but i don't want warning points lol)

From what I can tell, she's only had extremely low levels of intelligence, no matter how great or small, but that doesn't mean she's stupid. She's far from that as such displayed in season 4 recently.

She's a mediator of comedy and and laughter and the writers seem to be portraying her, as always, a happy-go-lucky pony with no cares in the world for anything that's right or wrong. She just takes life as it is and just enjoys it to it's fullest and she's very bright even if her antics can annoy or embarrass anypony at times or just gives others a bad name unintentionally and even if she seemed to cause more trouble at points that she usually solves, which is really not a blessing for any character for any lead of the story who's not perfect but with a lot of faults, she's totally far from being stupid. She's actually like Ed from Ed, Edd, n Eddy in the first season, a goofball but very amusing and funny, bubbly and energetic.

I wouldn't really call her stupid, she's just being herself.

Stupid is a strong word which makes me imply that she is dumb. I couldn't disagree more however i wont say that she is intelligent. Simple-Minded Enthusiasm would be preferable

52da226e-7ea6-4b18-a5b0-58adcc3808cd_zps

(Awesome Sig done by WarriorShy)

I don't think it's hear so mush as the writers don't know what to DO with her part of the time.There have been some episodes where she's been better when she had something to do, but a lot the season has had her be comic relief idiot. It's not entirely her fault. This season is filled with episodes where all 6 of our heroines are there when some of them have nothing to do. Heck, "Pinkie Pride" even demonstrated by having Rarity, Applejack and Fluttershy be there for the heck of it (especially Fluttershy).So I don't think she'd "stupider" so much as the victim of overreaching.

Edited by Jangobadass

"It's like I found a piece of myself I didn't even know was missing!"

How do you think WE feel?!

Stupid is a strong word which makes me imply that she is dumb. I couldn't disagree more however i wont say that she is intelligent. Simple-Minded Enthusiasm would be preferable

Simple minded sounds more insulted than stupid.

If someone calls you stupid you can just assume it might be an off the cuff remark.  People throw around the term dumb and stupid.

You might say that's wrong and it might be but it feels more like a term most people could be

numb to.

simple minded sounds like the person saying it elevates his or herself above the person their saying it to.

Back on topic,,

looking at todays episode i think it boils down to pinkie not knowing when to quit.

Look i've class clowned to and got on peoples last nerve.

And yes I've done that here.

And yes I was being stupid.^^.

so yes I can tell you when pinkies being stupid,

because i've walked in those shoes myself.  I'd know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvTYhrZUgYY

flight to the finish. i continue to improve,

I almost feel like there are a lot of times when she doesn't have to be talking (i.e., says something unimportant or just random..then again, she is so random!). But as Dsanders pointed out, she's there to provide comic relief when in the background.

• Brohoof 1

img-18807-1-EVnkzff.png

Sig by Wolf, Handwriting by SparklingSwirls

Maybe not stupid, but I regret to notice that in this season she behaves more stupid more times than before. I dont find amusing and entertaining most of her recent gags, for example the one of chasing balloon was very sad in my opinion.

• Brohoof 1

Personally, I don't think she is and think she's still really funny and awesome but, I her lots of people say she is so what do you think?  :)

Pinkie is definitely not "stupid" by any means... If anything, she seems to have been getting more mature and less "crazy and hyper" over the course of the seasons. 

hJsPVKF.jpg

A huge thank you to my great friend AppleGearRising for this signature picture

yay.png

Thank you Apple, I love it so much!

smile.png

Normally I would just post the picture, but as it seems, it is too big to put in the signature here, so here is the link to my MLP personality test results:

http://www.bronyland.com/pony-personality-test/?q=OTU0Mnw5NDMzMzA (I am mostly like Fluttershy, in case you couldn't already guess.)