Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What is everyponys fav rpg game of all time

twilightalpha

Fallout 3. Top RPG game.

Fallout New Vegas and Skyrim are also a couple favorites. Lord of the Rings: The Third Age is also a great RPG with nostalgia value for me

Persona (Shin megami tensei)

Disgaea

I've said it a million times before but those are my favorite rpgs of all time. My friend pointed out how much disgaea resembles final fantasy tactics and I could make multiple similarities. The SMT and persona series are just so awesome. I mastered P4G on my vita all besides the flipping hermit social link. The beach guardian is IMPOSSIBLE to catch! I plan on getting a 3d/2ds just for Persona Q, and I will get persona 4 dancing all night for my vita along with the ultimax and persona 5 for my ps3. This year is going to be full of persona for me. (and disgaea 4 return if NIS brings it west anytime soon.) and on top of all that, a Shin megami tensei and fire emblem crossover is coming out for wii U. It is too much greatness for me to handle. I'm playing persona 3 portable right now, but it is MUCH harder than persona 4 and requires a lot of grinding. I don't know how well I would do at 1 & 2. They both have random encounters.

Edited by Judgement
  • Brohoof 1

Final Fantasy Tactics, I just love everything about that game, even the ballcrushingly difficult Weigraf fight in the 3rd chapter

I'll go ahead and throw Valkyria Chronicles II here also, because holy shit that game is awesome

• Brohoof 1

My favorite RPG of all time was my first, Chrono Cross for the PlayStation. Chrono Cross is special to me because of the characters, the adventures and most importantly the story. The score for Chrono Cross weaved everything together, bringing the environments, characters and moments to life. I was nine years old when i first entered this magnificent world, today I still am just as captivated as I was fourteen years ago when I play it over again. I love fantasy worlds be it Middle Earth, Final Fantasy or Skyrim. Chrono Cross was the catalyst that carried me into loving worlds very much unlike our own yet filled with all the elements we are familiar with that make us human.

• Brohoof 1

Persona (Shin megami tensei)

Disgaea

I've said it a million times before but those are my favorite rpgs of all time. My friend pointed out how much disgaea resembles final fantasy tactics and I could make multiple similarities. The SMT and persona series are just so awesome. I mastered P4G on my vita all besides the flipping hermit social link. The beach guardian is IMPOSSIBLE to catch! I plan on getting a 3d/2ds just for Persona Q, and I will get persona 4 dancing all night for my vita along with the ultimax and persona 5 for my ps3. This year is going to be full of persona for me. (and disgaea 4 return if NIS brings it west anytime soon.) and on top of all that, a Shin megami tensei and fire emblem crossover is coming out for wii U. It is too much greatness for me to handle. I'm playing persona 3 portable right now, but it is MUCH harder than persona 4 and requires a lot of grinding. I don't know how well I would do at 1 & 2. They both have random encounters.

The P4 dancing game by itself could sell the Vita for me even if I do have a few other games I'm keeping my eye on. I already have a 3DS so I'm definitely getting Q as well.

I wouldn't say P3 requires a lot of grinding though. I had a lot of help but I was able to beat that game with almost no grinding. The final boss will probably kick your ass nine ways from Sunday no matter how good you are at it though. Be prepared.

Have you seen Conception II yet? It has a pretty heavy Persona vibe to it. It'll be available on both 3DS and Vita too so if you have both you'll have your pick for superior experience.

Edited by Discordian
  • Brohoof 1

12. Final Fantasy 4 (not console-specific version)

11. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky for NDS

10. Etrian Odyssey II for NDS

09. Pokemon Yellow for GBC

08. Super Mario RPG for SNES

07. Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga for GBA

06. Contact for NDS

05. Fallout: New Vegas (pref. for PC)

04. Disgaea: Hour of Darkness for PS2

03. Pokemon Emerald for the GBA

02. Mario and Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story for NDS

01. Borderlands (pref. for Xbox 360)

Edited by Twilly F. Sniper

The P4 dancing game by itself could sell the Vita for me even if I do have a few other games I'm keeping my eye on. I already have a 3DS so I'm definitely getting Q as well.

I wouldn't say P3 requires a lot of grinding though. I had a lot of help but I was able to beat that game with almost no grinding. The final boss will probably kick your ass nine ways from Sunday no matter how good you are at it though. Be prepared.

Have you seen Conception II yet? It has a pretty heavy Persona vibe to it. It'll be available on both 3DS and Vita too so if you have both you'll have your pick for superior experience.

Ooooh. I looked up Conception II and it looks awesome. I'll probably get that as well. I really like jrpgs with 3d effects to them. It allows for you to be more amazed at special moves and attacks. Thanks for telling me about this awesome looking game.

• Brohoof 1

All time you say? I was around before all the fancy GFX and games built around that alone. Back when it was more about pure fun than just looking good so.... hmmm this one :)

Qfganth.jpg

An old series, but an awesome one. It carried over your character between games, your choices, stats, and even had running jokes that could be found in each title! So much awesome, and so many laughs to have along the way.

They just don't make them like this anymore.. With a good blend of fun, and seriousness together.

Anyone interested in it can find the entire series in a pack on Gog.com too btw, and an "updated" VGA version of QFG2 for free about somewhere :P

Personally I prefer the classic typed command EGA versions myself.

Edited by GrimCW

Favorite open world/quest based RPG- Xenoblade Chronicles

Favorite old school RPG- Chrono Trigger

Favorite tactical RPG- Fire Emblem Awakening

Favorite action RPG- Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

Favorite RPG series overall- Pokémon

I can't pick just one... :blush: