34 users have voted

1. 1. Will Flutterbat come back?

• Of course
    • Maybe
    • Wait for season 5...
    • Nope
  2. 2. Should Flutterbat come back?

• If Meghan knows what's good for her.
    • If the writers want it, they shouldn't hold back.
    • Nope.

flutterbat_by_willdrawforfood1-d6zs96f.p

We all love Flutterbat, as far as I can tell.  So will we see her come back this season?  Should she?

I think she should because Fluttershy needs something to fight (in a moral sense).  Making little miss Element of Kindness the bride of Dracula would do it.

• Brohoof 2

I don't think it's going to happen. Flutterbat was really just a plot device anyways, it would be pretty weird if that still lingered.

Still, it could be really interesting, and I would absolutely love to see her come back. I just know it could be done in a way that would make for a fantastic story if enough thought were put into it. Of course it could suck too...

• Brohoof 1

Call me crazy but I'm not a fan of Flutterbat. It seemed like a totally unnecessary gimmick to me. I do think she will come back at some point though. The fang closeup seemed too ominous for them to just forget about it.

640px-Fluttershy%27s_fang_close-up_S4E07

Edited by JPBrony773

Call me crazy but I'm not a fan of Flutterbat. It seemed like a totally unnecessary gimmick to me. I do think she will come back at some point though. The fang closeup seemed too ominous for them to just forget about it.

Ooh I forgot about that silly fang closeup.  :huh:

I don't really care about Flutterbat. I mean, her design was beautiful and it was crazy to watch what happened in the fandom, because of it, but... that's all. I'm getting really tired, when I see all this "transform Fluttershy into something unnatural". It's good to sometimes see, how character's behaviour changes if he/she is taken out of his/her comfort zone, but after Fluttershy as a tree, Hulk, bat, guy and God knows what else - it became annoying.  Especially if you take into account that Fluttershy is probably the least developed character of the Main 6. We know really little about her, compared to others. That's a reason, why I don't like Fluttershy as much as I like Rarity or Rainbow Dash. What we know about her? She is shy, loves animals and has trauma since childhood when it comes to flying. And instead of developing her more, the writers use the same, used so many times before, joke and take her out of character, which really isn't helping. It would be nice to see Flutterbat once again, but in my opinion it would be so much better, if they give us some REALLY good episode about her, which explores her personality. We had only one episode about her in season 4 so far and I know that it's gonna change this week and I really want to believe that it's gonna be good. Please, don't dissapoint me, writers :) And as Akemi Homura said a few posts earlier - Flutterbat was a fanservice. They did it once and it was probably the last time. Although... while I don't really care about Flutterbat, it would be interesting to see bat ponies in the future :D

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 1

Flutterbat was an interesting concept for an episode. However, I don't think she'd be as cool the second time around. Why would she come back? How would they stop her (again)? I think they used up all of the Flutterbat material in Bats!.

I'm beginning to think that scene at the end was just some kind of homage to horror movies where the ending is something ominous that shows the monster/killer/whatever isn't quite gone yet. I don't watch horror movies but I'm pretty sure that's a thing.. It was tricky to tell at first since there are so many things that seem to be being set up for later use, but over time I've grown more and more skeptical of whether Flutterbat will ever be a thing again.

And I'm completely ok if it isn't. It only served to derail the actual conflict in the episode and make everything go crazy instead of having anyone work out their differences. I'm having trouble imagining it being used any better the second time around.

• Brohoof 2

Flutterbat was the best part about season four, which has really been mediocre thus far. The final shot from "Bats!" is a strong indicator that they're working it into the plot for the season finale (what I was hoping was the series finale. Ugh).

Meghan better bring her back if she knows what's good for this show. 

Flutterbat was an element where the writers took advantage of a horror-themed episode since the original script of the episode was created in October, so the ending of Bats! showed as a sign from horror films to show that the monster might not be gone yet.

If they want to bring it back, then I hope there is a good reason for it.