Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I died in a dream but didn't wake up.

RainbowGlass

I like to record my dreams in a log (granted its a dream I can remember) and from time to time you dream something quite realistic lets say. Understand I have "died" in dreams before in many various ways, however upon my "death" I would typically awake immediately. Not this time. This one dream of mine was very unusual. It occured a few months back now and I'll spare the details unless somepony wants the scoop. Upon my death (spoiler) my body disintegrated but I felt the whole process. The loss of feeling and that bizare moment when I knew my body was no more but my conciousness lingered for a second or two before also slipping away. Immediately, everything went white as snow and though my body was gone, a feeling came over me like a warm blanket. I knew I died and that is something I have never thought before in a dream. This white scene lasted for a while and it was as though everything flashed before me, not just my life but literally everything. Weird I know.

With that said, has anyone experienced "death" in a dream before to this extent?

• Brohoof 6

Were you on any medications at the time? Because once I had overdosed and ended up having some pretty realistic dreams. 

I wasn't on any medications but those surly can effect things! Either way dreams are quite odd, yet enjoyable.

• Brohoof 1

I've died in a dream as well. I remember it clearly: I was in a car and it went off a bridge, saw the ground coming up to meet me, and then nothing. Just pitch black and silence for a few seconds before waking. It was eerie.

I spent the rest of that day contemplating my mortality. Fun times.

• Brohoof 2

Had this dream just a few weeks ago.

I dreamt of the wraith-like figures from Madoka Magica, where for some reason I was having a horse race with a boy I didn't know to my bedroom. The horse thing disappeared and the dude was lying on my bed. Then the wraith appeared and I tried to run through it, but it said that I can't escape the "hand of God" or something. I was suffocated, then my hands were chopped off and I died. I woke up in my bed with my hands still stinging, and it was a while before I realized it was the heat. I know – it sounds like a really bad fanfiction, but for weeks I slept with the light on. 

• Brohoof 5

I once had a dream that I received a lethal injection. Oddly enough, it was in a doctors office, by the doctor, and I don't think I was even sick in the dream. I just closed my eyes in the dream, and if I recall correctly, I woke up near these sea cliffs or something. This may have been before my "death", however; I may have woken up after the injection.

• Brohoof 1

I've been blown up in a dream. And drowned. And eaten. And torn apart. I have never woken up at the the time of my nasty death, but I kind of feel like I am flying and then I feel tingly and then after a minute or two I wake up depressed and I think about my life.

• Brohoof 2

Not really. I've felt the feeling of death as a tiger bit me. I also jumped off a skyscraper and saw hell (I jumped off a building because I was feeling wild, so it was like suicide) before eventually waking up. I thought that was the end.

Edited by Wingin'Wolf

This happened a few years ago. In my dream I was walking my dog when I walk on a street that Is really close to me, only the house on the corner was a different one under construction. One of the workers of the house walks into it, and some group of people dressed sort of ghetto like cross the street as I stand in front of the house. One of the guys in the group ask me if I had seen anyone go into the house. After answering yes, the group heads toward the house and the guy who asked the question pulls out a gun. He says thanks and shoots me in the chest. I feel this huge jolt and then the pain hits me but only for a second. Then I fall back and realized that I couldn't breathe. But I am able to respond, so I say your welcome. Then everything starts turning red and dark, and there is this feeling of time just slowing to a crawl. Then when I presumably die, I wake up only to find that I still wasn't breathing because my pillow was pressed against my throat. So I readjusted and went back to sleep

• Brohoof 1

Died in a few dreams myself. I am one of those people who can only ever remember vague details I sleep so deep, but I do remember that much.

Off the top of my head I recall the first time it happened was due to physics breaking and reversed the concept of kinetic energy dampening. Put simply I jumped once and started bouncing, going higher each time, until I landed and went splat when I hit a slope from about 300ft in the air.

Aside from the first I recall the common drowning dream, skydiving accidents, and more than a few scenes right out of modern combat.

Dieing usually does not wake me up interestingly enough, likely due to the fact that I sleep like a dead man already. I have slept through at least a dozen tornadoes over the years, one of which I recall as a class three that ripped up trees only 3 streets over. But I usually don't remember my dreams because, deep sleeper.

If I have to take decongestants however things get decidedly more... interesting.  :umad: One of the best could be summarized as walking around a technical college campus in a dolphin mascot suit for three hours after a funeral before running from the cops, diving into a pool, following a secret underwater tunnel in the pool using my dolphin-suit-granted powers, coming up in the ocean, and then joining the Navy as a Special Operations Operator... Thanks NyQuil.  ^_^

I had my share of dreams where I died and didn't wake up.

Usually it was after falling to my death after what looks like suicide by jumping off.

It scares me when I have dreams like these, but I tend to relax and forget about it quick.

That happened to me before. I got ripped apart but my dream continued. It was all weird and awkward because I couldn't move. I just saw stuff for 5 minutes until I finally woke up.

Edited by Judgement

I tend to have pretty scary nightmares of being stuck out in combat were I am useless (Gun jammed or is fucked up, WAY to many enemies) and get shot to pieces or blown to bits, or bleed out.

And most of the time, it is like that.....

Edited by Commander Tangent

I have had a dream where I died, and everything was just black for a bit, and I knew I was dead, but then the dream like changed or something, idk.

Same... My mother was the one who killed me, though. -.- then I woke up, but I was, like, shaking.