Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What stuff do you use for gaming?

Fire Bomb

I don't play much off of my computer aside from DS/3DS games, but I'll occasionally whip out a retro console to play some nostalgic games - usually on N64/Game Cube/PS1/PS2. (I do have the more old school consoles, but I don't have the proper hookups for most of them so I just play NES/SNES/Genesis games on emulators out of laziness.)

Edited by Thrashy

I'm using a keyboard and mouse from a 1990 computer, plan on upgrading soon  :blush:

I also game on 

Kindle Fire (Yeah there are some awesome games)

Computer

Broken Wii (will fix soon)

Xbox 360

Out of all, mainly my PC. I have a turtle beach z11, it's alright nothing special. 

Lessee here...

• MSI GT60 0ND
  • 3DS
  • Nintendo 64
  • SNES
  • Wii
  • Game Boy
  • Game Boy Color
  • DSi

And for accessories,

• Steelseries Rival optical mouse
  • Logitech G930 wireless headset
  • Wired Xbox 360 controller for Windows

I have my beasty PC setup which is getting a major upgrade this year!

AMD FX 9370

AMD R9 290X

AMD PE 8GB RAM

I've moved away from Intel and NVIDIA because you get way better bang for your buck with AMD systems. (:

I also have PS Vita and Gameboy Colour that I like to game on.

• Brohoof 1

I've got several computers, but not all of them are suitable for gaming, b/c its mostly for home/business/media use.   I have a 360, 2DS and i use additional stuff. 

So, i got a new computer mouse recently and it got me thinking, what kind of things do people use for gaming, other than their computers. 

Not to go off topic, but your OC Avatar is so badass looking. :D

Mouse: Logitech G400

Keyboard: Logitech G510

Headset: SteelSeries Siberia Elite

Controller: Logitech Dual Action

PC:

CPU: Intel® Core i5-2500K
RAM: 4GB (too little!)
HDD: 1TB Samsung HD103SJ
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6800
PSU: XFX Core Edition PRO450W

PC: Antec 1200 case with Asus Z77 Sabertooth mobo, Intel i5 3570k, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X, 2GB MSI Power Edition GTX 670 OC SLI, Corsair PSU, Samsung SSD and two HDDs, Logitech G9x mouse, Razer Anansi Keyboard (though I really want to get rid of it), 360 controller, Razer Megalodon 7.1 headset, 2.1 speaker setup, Samsung BX2231 with a secondary Dell 2007FP for monitors

Consoles/Handhelds: NESx2, SNES, N64, GameCube, Wii, PSX, PS One, PS2, PS3 80GB BC model, Dreamcast, XBox, XBox 360, Time Out Fireman Fireman, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance, 3DS XL, PSP-1000... I think that's all of them. I never turn any of them on anymore except to watch Netflix on the PS3.

Tablet: EVGA Tegra Note 7

Phone: Galaxy Note 3

Edited by The Mane-iac

• 2 weeks later...

PC: Bitfenix Prodigy ITX case with ASRock z77e-itx board, Intel i5 2500k, 8GB Ripjaws @ 1600, 3GB MSI Twin Frozr III Radeon hd 7950, PC Power and Cooling 750W PSU, OCZ and Patriot SSDs, 2 HDDs, Generic M$ Mouse, BEST PART: Cooler Master Quickfire TK mechanical keyboard w/ Cherry MX browns, Theatre-grade 5.1 surround sound system, generic headphones ( use audio receiver as a DAC tho ), and one 1080p monitor and one 1680x1050 monitor.

It gets the programming done, which is all I care about!

Consoles of sorts: Nintendo DS Lite, DSi, Wii, and xbox 360 Console.

tablet/smartphone: no.

I have my beasty PC setup which is getting a major upgrade this year!

AMD FX 9370

AMD R9 290X

AMD PE 8GB RAM

I've moved away from Intel and NVIDIA because you get way better bang for your buck with AMD systems. (:

I also have PS Vita and Gameboy Colour that I like to game on.

you were anti-amd back when I first joined lol :P

• Brohoof 1

- Laptop

Intel Core i7-3610QM 2.3GHz - 3.3GHz

Nvidia GT 640M

4 GB DDR3 RAM

750 GB HDD

- PlayStation 4

- Wii U

- Wii

- PlayStation 3

- Turtle Beach pla

I use: my HTC One (Game Boy Advance Emulator)

My computer (not a bad computer, but not quite the best anymore.) With that, I also have an Ear Force X11 Headset. Only the microphone works, but it still has not the worst of mic quality.

PC: Bitfenix Prodigy ITX case with ASRock z77e-itx board, Intel i5 2500k, 8GB Ripjaws @ 1600, 3GB MSI Twin Frozr III Radeon hd 7950, PC Power and Cooling 750W PSU, OCZ and Patriot SSDs, 2 HDDs, Generic M$ Mouse, BEST PART: Cooler Master Quickfire TK mechanical keyboard w/ Cherry MX browns, Theatre-grade 5.1 surround sound system, generic headphones ( use audio receiver as a DAC tho ), and one 1080p monitor and one 1680x1050 monitor.

It gets the programming done, which is all I care about!

Consoles of sorts: Nintendo DS Lite, DSi, Wii, and xbox 360 Console.

tablet/smartphone: no.

you were anti-amd back when I first joined lol :P

I was but I realised how much cheaper they are yet just as high quality. I can't wait to get my 290X, I'm just waiting for the one I want to be back in stock :3

I was but I realised how much cheaper they are yet just as high quality.

*cough* GPU drivers *cough*

My 7970 catalyst drivers are such a pain in the neck that I regret buying it, wish I'd have gone for the EVGA GTX 680 instead. If you take drivers out of the equation though, then sure, they're great.

My 7970 catalyst drivers are such a pain in the neck that I regret buying it, wish I'd have gone for the EVGA GTX 680 instead. If you take drivers out of the equation though, then sure, they're great.

I don't know what version of the drivers you are using but okay.

I love my 7950.

I'm poor: Logitech K120, Gigabyte M6800 and a zombie PC that assembled itself from the remains of other dead PCs.

And a DS with a broken top screen, because I haven't $ to repair it (again). :/

AMD drivers are FAR better than NVIDIA's. They are updated much more often as well. The last 4 updates for NVIDIA drivers have included 0 performance improvements.

I have a 770 and it's a pain in the ass.

I don't know what version of the drivers you are using but okay.

I love my 7950.

Catalyst 13.12 iirc. get frame stuttering in a few games and some older ones won't play at their native resolution(s). I also had to return my old 7970 since the one that originally came to me gave me a grey screen of death.

A friend of mine has a 780Ti, no problems.

I know there are probably updates but I've kinda given up on my current rig. Just waiting until the GTX 790 comes out so I can get an upgrade.

Edited by ponypowa96

Catalyst 13.12 iirc. get frame stuttering in a few games and some older ones won't play at their native resolution(s). I also had to return my old 7970 since the one that originally came to me gave me a grey screen of death.

A friend of mine has a 780Ti, no problems.

I know there are probably updates but I've kinda given up on my current rig. Just waiting until the GTX 790 comes out so I can get an upgrade.

ah 13.12? they suck under Windows?

Heh, Best Release under Linux for me tbh.

Though my current kernel doesn't do me justice.