Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Problem with the Crusaders

Remyx Marshall

In the beginning, when they first started, I was all like, "Cool! Cutie Mark Crusaders!!" 

Now, after a while, i feel like they are starting to get... stale. Like, it's just not the same. Now i'm like, "When will they realize their true talents? Scootaloo is ********** (i'm not going to say for those of us bronies who haven't already guessed it), Sweetie Belle is ************ and Apple Bloom is**************! Why have they not figured it out yet??"

Is this wrong? I don't know, i think it's normal, but i could be wrong...

Anyone else feel this way??

It's a fairly standard trope for a slice of life like MLP. The comedic person/troupe that fails to ever really make progress on the front they want to make progress on. It depends on you coming to care for the character, think they're cute, etc. So it's definitely hit and miss, and I can understand being impatient with their characterization... I personally like them though. Cute little dorks.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I liked the CMCs at first, but now they just aren't interesting and sorta irritating; not so much because of the fact they can't find their obvious talents, but just the fact that they're taking up valuable screen-time that should be allocated to more deserving characters, such as the mane 6; their humor has also deteriorated since their first episode, but that's just my subjective opinion.

Honestly, I think they should just be used as the little sisters to Rarity and AJ, and Scootaloo having the same (it still needs to be better written, imo) relationship with RD as she has now.

Then again, although their episodes have gotten stale, they do seem to have value in the form of taking up some screen-time that DOESN'T need to go to the mane 6; the way the episodes are ordered/allocated between the ponies is pretty piss poor, imo, when you go 2 years without a Rarity episode but are getting force-fed back-to-back RD episodes. Unless they improve that aspect, I'm for the CMCs continuing to get their own episodes about learning their talent, just less of them :D

Edited by ghostfacekiller39

I liked the CMCs at first, but now they just aren't interesting and sorta irritating; not so much because of the fact they can't find their obvious talents, but just the fact that they're taking up valuable screen-time that should be allocated to more deserving characters, such as the mane 6; their humor has also deteriorated since their first episode, but that's just my subjective opinion.

Honestly, I think they should just be used as the little sisters to Rarity and AJ, and Scootaloo having the same (it still needs to be better written, imo) relationship with RD as she has now.

Then again, although their episodes have gotten stale, they do seem to have value in the form of taking up some screen-time that DOESN'T need to go to the mane 6; the way the episodes are ordered/allocated between the ponies is pretty piss poor, imo, when you go 2 years without a Rarity episode but are getting force-fed back-to-back RD episodes. Unless they improve that aspect, I'm for the CMCs continuing to get their own episodes about learning their talent, just less of them :D

In this post: more Rarity episodes plox :lol:

Another quick point, the CMC are the essential stand ins for the actual demographic of this show. Young girls who are curious about things and don't know what they want to do yet. They provide a lot for the young kids that watch the show and that's probably why Hasbro wants more episodes with them.

• Brohoof 1

Pff I love the cmc and I'm kinda nervous about them getting their talent.

Kinda.  I'm not saying the show has to be held back for my sake,

because that would be selfish,

just how certain fans shouldn't ask for their favorite characters to remain single.

I just want fans to understand the cmc might go from mildly annoying and tedious

to us remembering that as the good old days LOL.

Here's the thing: the Crusade is getting old and I DON'T want to see it dragged out another 5 years. Surely I'm not the only one who feels that way. Heck, even DHX is doing less and less with it as time goes on.

However...once the CMC get their marks, what exactly can the creative staff DO with them???

It's a double edge sword with "damned if they do, damned if they don't" consequences that needs to handled very carefully...

Here's the thing: the Crusade is getting old and I DON'T want to see it dragged out another 5 years. Surely I'm not the only one who feels that way. Heck, even DHX is doing less and less with it as time goes on.

However...once the CMC get their marks, what exactly can the creative staff DO with them???

It's a double edge sword with "damned if they do, damned if they don't" consequences that needs to handled very carefully...

Or they could put it off.  kinda like their doing now LOL.

I get what your saying, but hay I loved twilight time.

My theory is the cmc is now going to be mentored in turn by each of the main six.

that buys them at least 4 more episodes.

At least.

That should get us through season 4 as far as the cmc are concerned.

WOW, I'm actually on the opposite end of the spectrum because I think the CMC have gotten better over time. Back in season 1,2, & 3, I didn't really care for the CMC. Whenever a CMC episode aired, I cringed since I felt like their episodes were boring and predictable. It also doesn't help that at the time I didn't think they were interesting enough characters to hold an episode on their own. That's not to say that they don't work well when they have other characters to play off of. For the longest time, I felt that the best way to write for the CMC, is to have them as side characters interacting with the mane cast.

HOWEVER with the way that season 4 has been progressing so far, this may shock some people but I actually look forward to the CMC episodes more than the mane 6 ones. They're beginning to grow up and mature and this leads to more interesting story lines that they can explore. I used to hate when they had screen time, but now I can't get enough of them. I need my CMC fix guys :catface:!!!

So in conclusion, I don't see any problems with the crusaders. Saying that there is a problem with the CMC is like saying there is a problem with your personal favorite mane 6 pony. Call it a bias if you will, but everyone is entitled to their own opinions. 

• Brohoof 2