Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Doctor who will never be the same

Codelyy

This is my own opinion but i think doctor who is crap now and it's about to get worse with the new doctor. It's not the doctor i hate, it's the writer i don't like.

I don't know if i am the only one who noticed but after David Tennant, doctor who got a little... boring and not that scary. I know it was not that scary before but there were some scary's when David Tennant was the doctor like the weeping angles (I hated them) but now they are trying to make it more for kids because more kids are watching doctor who and i don't like that and i know i'm not the only one.

To sum up what i'm trying to say. Doctor who used to be a bit scary at sometimes and funny too so it was scary and funny all at the same time but now they are trying to make it more funny then scary and that's not the doctor who i know of. I've never been scared or freaked out by something when Matt Smith was the doctor because there was nothing scary about it.

If you think everything i'm saying is wrong and doctor who has not changed then let me prove it to you.

Do you ever see anything like this in doctor who anymore?

tumblr_m1d0stPkVF1qkmyrj.gif

Or

Do you ever see the outline of the person skeleton when the daleks kills them anymore?

The_Death_of_Dalek_Sec.jpg

(Yes i know that Dalek sec and not a human but it still shows his skeleton)

If you still think doctor who has not changed then proof it too me...

Anyway. Doctor who has changed a lot. Do you agree with me?

Edited by Codelyoko373
  • Brohoof 1

Yeah, it's changed but that's the beauty of the show. It always changes its overall style with each new Doctor. Believe it or not when Doctor Who began it started out as an educational show!

Really, i never knew that O_o but still

I know doctor who changes with each new doctor but when David Tennant left the show changed too much

Really, i never knew that O_o but still

I know doctor who changes with each new doctor but when David Tennant left the show changed too much

Yep, I started watching Doctor Who with the William Hartnell era and the show has changed quite a bit since then.

I know the show changed a lot since Tennant's era but I really don't mind, while I haven't been fond of all of Moffat's decisions (his storyline's tend to be quite confusing at times) it hasn't been all bad and from what I hear they are going to be changing the show's style again in Capaldi's era so all we can do is wait and see. Besides at least Smith's tenure wasn't as bad as this:

• Brohoof 4

The problem is not so much wih the writers as it is with the showrunner. Frankly, Moffat has done a terrible job. He works better alongside another, just look at Sherlock.

But yeah, Doctor Who will never be the same. But leave any judgements about the new Doctor until after we have seen him in action.

• Brohoof 2

The show changes all the time, and usually changes when the Doctor changes. Matt's Doctor was very silly and lighthearted, so the show wasn't as dark.

Also Moffat himself stated that Capaldi is actually gonna be very serious and actually very dark. An dthe show will actually be more liek classic who as well. So be ecited for series 8 because it's gonna be awesome!

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

The problem is not so much wih the writers as it is with the showrunner. Frankly, Moffat has done a terrible job. He works better alongside another, just look at Sherlock.

But yeah, Doctor Who will never be the same. But leave any judgements about the new Doctor until after we have seen him in action.

Well i will never change my opinion about the show till the person who changed it is gone

The person who made the daleks less of a threat, The person who made it less scary, The person who changed it all

The show changes all the time, and usually changes when the Doctor changes. Matt's Doctor was very silly and lighthearted, so the show wasn't as dark.

Also Moffat himself stated that Capaldi is actually gonna be very serious and actually very dark. An dthe show will actually be more liek classic who as well. So be ecited for series 8 because it's gonna be awesome!

If what you say is true then i hope they bring everything back like when it shows the persons skeleton when the daleks kill them

Edited by Codelyoko373

Well, I dont know about you but when I watched Tennant's eps I was glued to my screen. And actually had to delete every episode from my hard drive becasue I was watching them over and over. Same for Eccleston, he might not had the charm but he was kinda neat and did not look like a ponce. And plots made quite a bit of sense. 

With Smith's.. held myself in place over the first maybe 5 episodes then went onto scrubbing my home until it shines. It was more fun than watching Smith being stupid on the screen.  

Might start watching it again after Smith leaves (I dont remember the name of his successor but he does looks kind of nice) 

Edited by LunarWave
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Matt Smith. That's all I have to say.

The gas mask child and the angry face thing are from when David Tennant was the doctor

Edited by Codelyoko373

Well i will never change my opinion about the show till the person who changed it is gone

The person who made the daleks less of a threat, The person who made it less scary, The person who changed it all

If what you say is true then i hope they bring everything back like when it shows the persons skeleton when the daleks kill thme

Well, I agree that Moffat needs to go, but he didn't excatly make the daleks less of a threat. They were showing up too often before, thus becoming too easy to beat. Moffat cut down heavily on their usage. If anything, they became more of a threat.

But the reason for not seeing the skeleton is pretty much due to not seeing them shoot anyone.

Well, I agree that Moffat needs to go, but he didn't excatly make the daleks less of a threat. They were showing up too often before, thus becoming too easy to beat. Moffat cut down heavily on their usage. If anything, they became more of a threat.

But the reason for not seeing the skeleton is pretty much due to not seeing them shoot anyone.

I've saw the daleks kill someone and no skeleton

Sorry that i keep moaning about the skeleton thing but i loved how it did that :P But it's gone :(

Sorry that i keep moaning about the skeleton thing but i loved how it did that :P But it's gone :(

Well, I hardly remember every detail, but I dont recall someone being shot with no xray effect. Which episode?

I quit watching when Smith came about, I did not like his style and the few episodes I saw with him were just weird. I liked plenty of the older generations, 9th Doctor was awesome, 10th was great, we'll wait to see how the new Doctor is before I decide if I'll start watching again.

Eccleston left the show because of disputes with the writers, so the politics are definitely there.

The gas mask child and the angry face thing are from when David Tennant was the doctor

The gas mask child was actually the 9th Doctor. The other thing is Smith though.

• Brohoof 1

Well, I hardly remember every detail, but I dont recall someone being shot with no xray effect. Which episode?

I don't really remember what episode but it could of been the one when the daleks joined the army but that's just a guess but i do remember a episode where the daleks killed someone and no Skeleton shown

The gas mask child was actually the 9th Doctor. The other thing is Smith though.

oh yea XD. Why did i forget that... :P

I don't really remember what episode but it could of been the one when the daleks joined the army but that's just a guess but i do remember a episode where the daleks killed someone and no Skeleton shown

oh yea XD. Why did i forget that... :P

Ah yes, that episode. Well, IIRC they guy they killed there was a robot anyway, therefore no skeleton.

Ah yes, that episode. Well, IIRC they guy they killed there was a robot anyway, therefore no skeleton.

Well i remember one episode there was no skeleton when the daleks kill someone but i can't remember what episode it was

Sorry

Pretty much every dalek episode with them shooting people. 

Also, remembered about 12th, it will be Capaldi. 

I remember him from Torchwood, he played John Frobisher. 

A bit tragic (and maybe even disturbing for some) but awesome role and awesome execution (pun not intended) of it. 

Edited by LunarWave

Well i remember one episode there was no skeleton when the daleks kill someone but i can't remember what episode it was

Sorry

I'm pretty sure the only times the daleks have killed without the skeleton being shown like that were either ones with no skeleton (like the Cybermen) or killed indirectly- eg. Explosion caused by the shot. I could be wrong though, ask Citrus King, he'll know if anyone does.

• Brohoof 1

I hate this attitude attitude of Tennant>Smith because I believe Doctor Who has  both  its goods and bads from any era; RTDs wasn't perfect either and neither is Moffat's. I am disappointed of those quieted show after Smith took over and acting like bunch of cry babies and not getting over it. Its very very unloyal, from my POV, on giving up on show that will continue most likely after our lifetimes.

To the OP:

Doctor Who is always changing,if you don't like it then don't watch it

Edited by COBLoneWolf

I'm pretty sure the only times the daleks have killed without the skeleton being shown like that were either ones with no skeleton (like the Cybermen) or killed indirectly- eg. Explosion caused by the shot. I could be wrong though, ask Citrus King, he'll know if anyone does.

I will ask him later, I should know the episode but my memory is horrible :P

Well, while the effect was cool it was also very expensive to use (Something to the tune of 6 grand for every time they used it.) I don't think that Moffat's run has been any worse than any other showrunner's, and as a matter of fact I think it's improved with him at the helm. While Tennent's run was interesting, Smith was more story based and as such better. Anyway, Peter Capaldi is going to be amazing, as evidenced by this clip:

WARNING: EXTREME LANGUAGE!

• Brohoof 2

@,

Okay sorry there was a bit of misinformation on my part. Ben Wheatley, The Writer of the first two episodes of series eight (Yeah Moffat doesn't write them) said all that in an interview. I had difficulty finding the interview but I did find this.  

• Brohoof 1

@,

Okay sorry there was a bit of misinformation on my part. Ben Wheatley, The Writer of the first two episodes of series eight (Yeah Moffat doesn't write them) said all that in an interview. I had difficulty finding the interview but I did find this.  

You don't know how much that made me happy :D

Old doctor who is coming back :D :D :D :D

• Brohoof 1