Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Anyone else who has never been to big MLP conventions?

Azure Acrylic

Howdy there, I wanna ask, who here has never been to any big My Little Pony conventions, like BronyCon, BABSCon and Galacon? I'm saying this because, I live in Southeast Asia, which is really, REALLY far away from the US, and also costs a darn lot to get there. Also, I'm really afraid that these conventions would close down in a couple years' time, as MLP has already closed. I hope that isn't gonna happen. Is it?

• Brohoof 1

I've never been to any of the major conventions, only one local one about six years ago.  While BronyCon did cease operations as of this last convention, I don't think the others will follow suit, as long as there's enough interest to keep them running, and it's still financially feasible.

45 minutes ago, Longhaul said:

I've never been to any of the major conventions, only one local one about six years ago.  While BronyCon did cease operations as of this last convention, I don't think the others will follow suit, as long as there's enough interest to keep them running, and it's still financially feasible.

Well, I did also went to a local con that was the one of two of the only MLP cons in the whole region, Project SEAPonyCon. But, I don't know if the other conventions will stand, as people tend to lose interest in a show when its ended, and less people tend to attend cons related to the show after the show closes. But hopefully they will survive.

Never been at any of those big conventions. Not that I imply I wouldn't want to go such - definetely would like to. At 2015 there was so called Crystal Fair convention in my country, Finland. I now regret I decided not to go there with my friends :(

I have only been to a convention once (San Japan 2018), and I don't think I would go if I actually had to pay for it (Somebody else wanted me to go with them), it wouldn't nearly be worth how much it costs, everything considered. Between the social anxiety, the time I spent just walking around and not really doing anything (basically spent at least half of the time just walking around), and the overpriced merchandise you could get online plenty of dollars cheaper... It was a good experience with all of the cool cosplays and good moments and the gaming room, but was it worth 60 bucks plus 2 days in a hotel, not counting SO many other expenses that add up? Not even close. :maud:

Edited by Spider Demon
  • Brohoof 1

I've never been to any pony convention. Reasons being that I couldn't afford to go, and even if I could, it'd be too far for me to travel, and I don't like being in large crowds. So given all that, I couldn't see myself ever going to BronyCon.

Edited by xX_PinkDragon_Xx
  • Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

I’ve never been cause I knew everyone there was gonna be older than me and it would be awkward.

Well, little girls and kids did go to BronyCon, with the guys, and most MLP cons are designed to apply to all ages. BTW, howdy ExplosionMare. Never met you in a loong time.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, xX_PinkDragon_Xx said:

I've never been to any pony convention. Reasons being that I couldn't afford to go, and even if I could, it'd be too far for me to travel, and I don't like being in large crowds. So given all that, I couldn't see myself ever going to BronyCon.

Well, it's basically the same thing for me, but I like being with my people.

21 hours ago, Rainbows2424 said:

Well, little girls and kids did go to BronyCon, with the guys, and most MLP cons are designed to apply to all ages. BTW, howdy ExplosionMare. Never met you in a loong time.

That’s good to know.

BTW, who are you? I don’t recognize your username even though you seem to know mine.

• Brohoof 1

I go to anime conventions all of the time but as big of an MLP fan I am, I have never been to a brony convention. They are held too far from where I live and I simply lack the finances to go. There is one that does takes place near me and that is Whinny City Ponycon. I would love to go sometime.

I unfortunately have never been to a pony convention. I wish there was one in the southeast USA where I live. I've been to a couple Walking Dead conventions though! 

I've only ever been to anime conventions, I'd love to go to some furry and brony conventions at some point.  a LARP event would be interesting to go to at some point too!!!

• Brohoof 1

I’ve never been to a pony convention. I’ve only really been to one convention of any kind; Star Wars Celebration II, and to be honest I didn’t like it. The staff treated the whole thing like their own private little Empire and the fans like annoying little distractions (after they got their money of course). It soured me on conventions but I imagine a pony con of some sort might be a little more accessible and fun.  

No, I wouldn’t go to a Brony con. I’m not even a Brony. I wouldn’t feel comfortable there.

I wouldn’t mind going to Pony Fair, which is oriented toward the toy collectors. This year it was in Florida around the same time as the International Double Reed Society convention and I’m sad that I didn’t have money to go, as the Pony Fair would have been a nice bonus.

Edited by Envy
  • Brohoof 1

Never have, though I've feigned interest

Legit, LA Comic Con is the only con I've ever been to, and it was unfortunately pretty light on Pony(there were some things there, but clearly not enough)