Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Anyone else who has never been to big MLP conventions?

Azure Acrylic

I mainly go to anime conventions, but I never went to a pony convention before. The nearest to where I live is BABSCon, but I don't have the money to go. Even if I do, I generally don't have anyone to go with.

• 1 year later...

The only MLP convention I've been to is HarmonyCon in both 2019 and 2020 (The last irl pony con last year ;-;)

I'm hoping to attend Ponyville Ciderfest in October though!

• Brohoof 1

Biggest I ever went to was BUCK, the main UK convention. I don’t know the exact attendance but I’d guess around 700, maybe even 1000.

I never had the money or the motivation to go to the huge conventions in America.

• Brohoof 2

Modern conventions seem to be a cause for spreading of the common cold. At least that used to be the case, as well as some other illnesses. Also, we didn't have any conventions in Sweden, except for one that was supposed to have been during the summer of 2020, but was cancelled because of Covid-19.

1 hour ago, CypherKirin said:

Never been to any MLP convention - they seem thin on the ground here in the UK :(

Yeah the pony convention scene is pretty much dead in the UK. The biggest and best here was BUCK but it ended in 2016.

No conventions here. I did go with a local Brony group to see the movie and to dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings after. I also went to a meetup with the same group a couple years later where they rented a room at a community/sports center for the series finale. Both meetups were pretty good.:P

• Brohoof 1

As a teen, I always dreamed of going to a con but never got the chance. Now that I'm an adult though, I've been able to attend a couple. I'm attending my third con next week at Everfree Northwest. I really enjoy the energy there! I hope they stick around for a while longer. :please:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Never went to any, as I was a broke teenager at the time. Now I'm a broke adult! :ButtercupLaugh:

Would still love to go someday. :)

Never been to a "big" convention, even when one was happening literally 10 minutes from where I lived at the time.

Went to a mid-sized convention once, and that's when I realized I really didn't belong at conventions.

• 1 month later...

I went to a very small local comic event a few times but beyond that I've never been to any big convention anime, comic con or MLP.

Usual it's an issue of time or extra funds. 

If a chance comes up I may though it doesn't seem likely I will have a chance to.

• 1 month later...