Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Has anyone else been admitted to the psychiatric unit?

Venomous

I have been admitted to the psychiatric unit 4 times in my life, all due to the same reason which was executing self-harm and life-ending thoughts. My last admission was in 2018. I have also been to the same hospital each time.

Has anyone else been an inpatient at a psych unit? If so, what was your own experience like?

Edited by The Wife of Law

No, but such thoughts and struggles are not easy to deal with. And I commend you for being strong enough to seek help and receive it. You've come a long way and it seems you're making progress since the last time it's happened. Give yourself credit for being strong and looking back at all the progress you've made.

• Brohoof 1

Thinking back as 13 years old self being forced, I asked myself why the hell am I doing here? Then I came with a thought how I found it utterly pointless for the norms to go beyond searching every words in the dictionary just to pin us a label because they can’t understand what we’re actually feel. So what if I’m feeling sad? It’s normal. So what if I’m feeling angry? That’s also normal. So what if I just want to share how i feel but only to get send there because they think there’s something wrong with me? How hilarious they think that. 

The part of them trying to make sense about my feeling would actually make me feel more lost. Let alone, putting in the impression of “fear” like, “oh be a good boy, you don’t want to end up in juvenile now would you?” So what if I hurt people? You know? beat the crap outta them. They deserve it because they asks for it. I honestly don’t see what’s wrong with that. You got a better alternative? Alright, let’s hear it. If not, stfu. Luckily for everyone’s sake, I’m a man of composure and decency, lawfully neutral. So I’m very aware of why laws must exist as I myself follow them with obedience and diligence.

I suppose I should wait till the final judgment comes. But until then I shall remain being a rat in a cage despite of my rage. 

I don’t ask them or anyone to understand me nor have you go back to that book that got you a psychiatrist degree to search up a perfect definition so you’d know how describe my feelings in your own term. I’m not talking just the psychiatrist but the society itself too.  Let me feel how I want to feel and don’t try to denormalized it. I think people should be doing more listening to others more rather trying to comprehend them. 

• 6 months later...

I  was an inpatient once.believe I was…..a freshman in high school. It was either my freshman or sophomore year. It was for self harm and suicidal thoughts. I was there about a month. They didn’t help at all and it just left my parents with a large bill. I just lied so they’d release me early. I know I had a few suicide attempts that landed me in the hospital since then. It’s been awhile though. I wanna say the last one of those I had was my early 20s.Like 21-22. So….about 7-8 years ago.

The impatient place I was at back then treated all of us teens like garbage. The real sound advice was what I had gained from the other teens like myself who were struggling. Not the doctors or staff. I think the place would be out of business if the rest of the world saw how they were treating some of the teens there. That was a very long time ago though. Hopefully it’s a better place now.

No, but I understand that it is not easy to cope with stressful issues and hard times. I'm very proud of everyone who has made a lot of progress in regards to their mental and emotion health as it is not easy to deal with.

I’ve never been admitted to a psychiatric hospital but I have had some pretty horrible experiences with mental health back when I was a teenager. I had radical OCD, which is not the lightweight sense of fastidiousness some associate with OCD in general. Rather, it was a mind-destroying curse that prevented me from doing anything without fear, and it drove me to a mental breakdown and long-lasting residual problems. There’s nothing harder that dealing with a broken brain. The brain is central to everything we are and do, so when it malfunctions it can be the scariest and most hopeless feeling in the world. I’d never wish such a thing on my worst enemies and I feel deeply sorry for anyone who has had to deal with mental illness of any kind.