Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

I Need Your Helps Guys!

Pinky Pie

(First of all, I have to say that I'm not English I'm from Turkey, so pardon me for my grammatical errors.)

Hello everypony. I have a very big problem and I don't know what to do, please help me and show me a way out. :(

I think there are lots of bronies who are in the same situation as me, so this post may be helpful for others too.

And here is the case: In Turkey, My Little Pony is NOT a very well-known show. I bet you can't find any Turkish MLP Facebook page which has more than 150 likes. I don't know why, but that's a fact that the Turkish version of MLP is terrible. (There is a lot of nonsensical censorship, such as in Green Isn't Your Color, when Spike says "I have a crush on Rarity.", they translated it as "Rarity put on some weights." Also expect the songs in Best Night Ever and Winter Wrap Up, the songs didn't translated into Turkish and in At The Gala, Rarity's whole part was censored too! Try to figure out the censorships in A Canterlot Wedding. And there is no Turkish version of Season 3. Since I know French, I watched some episodes from the French version and some of the songs and episodes are even better than theirs orginal versions.) Whatever. Since MLP isn't well-known in Turkey, there is almost no brony around me. I started watching show in August 2013 (I'm 15 now), and I found only 1 brony in my school. I understood that he was a brony when he recommended us to watch Pony.MOV. We talk about the show sometimes, but not too frequent, I don't know why but he isn't watching Season 4 and there is a lot of episode that he didn't watch. Some months ago, I made one of my frineds a brony too, so there are just 2 bronies around me that I know. Only they and 2 more friends of mine know that I'm a brony. One of them wasn't so surprised but the other (she's a girl) thought I was kidding when I said her I was a brony, and when she noticed I was serious she found it a bit schizophrenic.

Like you can see, I'm a bit shy about being a brony and I don't want others to know the truth because I can NOT know for sure how would they react. Maybe they won't do anything, maybe they will start watching too or maybe they will make fun of me during the rest of my whole life, I can't know it for sure and the only way to find it out is trying, which I don't wanna do.

The worst part is I don't know whether or not there's any brony else, because there is no hint about it! There is someone who may be a brony, but I can't know it for sure neither.

So, bronies, please help me. Like you can see I'm in trouble and I don't know what to do. I need more people to talk about MLP and I have to find more brony (If there is, of course) but I don't want my friends to laugh at me. What should I do? Should I declare that I'm a brony, should I recommend it to my friends, or should I keep it back to me? What would you do if you were me? Thank you for reading, and thank you in advance for your help!

• Brohoof 2

Personally I've kept it back, well at least until I grow more into the show, people don't HAVE to know but at the same time you shouldn't be ashamed, but warning people will probably ridicule you for it = / 

Like you can see, I'm a bit shy about being a brony and I don't want others to know the truth because I can NOT know for sure how would they react. Maybe they won't do anything, maybe they will start watching too or maybe they will make fun of me during the rest of my whole life, I can't know it for sure and the only way to find it out is trying, which I don't wanna do.   The worst part is I don't know whether or not there's any brony else, because there is no hint about it! There is someone who may be a brony, but I can't know it for sure neither.   So, bronies, please help me. Like you can see I'm in trouble and I don't know what to do. I need more people to talk about MLP and I have to find more brony (If there is, of course) but I don't want my friends to laugh at me. What should I do? Should I declare that I'm a brony, should I recommend it to my friends, or should I keep it back to me? What would you do if you were me? Thank you for reading, and thank you in advance for your help!

Well I think that you should let at least some people  know you are a brony, if they have a problem then they can cry you a river, build you a bridge and get over it.

In my own opinions, it's fine to want to hide.

In fact that's what I did for a while until I learned that it wasn't useful to hide it.

So what I would say is to just lay low until you've gained the courage to finally show your true colors and if people ridicule you then you should either just ignore it or contact someone of higher authority to accuse them of harassment.

I've got no one else in my school to talk MLP to; One of my friends quit being a brony and didn't want to ever talk about the show again and there is no one else that would want to talk about it.

All in all, really, there's nothing much you can do except find another outlet to talk about ponies; Talk about ponies here in the forums but in real-life you might as well just find a convention to go to or something like that unless you're willing to look around for more bronies, which in this case go ahead but that's a harder task than it'll seem.

If you don't feel comfortable about expressing to strangers that you love My Little Pony, then just keep it in the clear for now and grow more into it until you're sure you can handle any kind of ridicule that others throw at you.

Another thing, Friends should be understanding of what you like and dislike and shouldn't judge you for it unless it was a choice that would end your time alive.

Well, if it is not all that well known then you could wear a rainbow dash pin or something.  The only people who would know what it was are the right people, unlike in a country where MLP is popular.

• Brohoof 1

Well, if online brony-friends aren't what you're after (which is more readily available often), I think it'd be hard to find many given what you've told me. At least making your fandomness slightly visible to people around you may spark a coversation, or catch the eye of other people enough to make it more believable that you'd meet them.

However, yeah, that goes back to how verbal or upfront you want to be about being a brony. I don't recommend making it a HUGE deal, but if you're happy your a brony, it's something to at least consider telling to people. I feel it falls to the question, how comfortable are you with people knowing that?

There's usually two things I keep from people, until they either get to know me, or end up seeing my art--that I'm a semi-brony and I'm a semi-furry. I announce neither, but sometimes I wonder if I really should care if people think differently of me for it. Some people who've known, well, it just doesn't matter to them, which is encouraging. But then I am pretty tame about what I like.

Though somewhere along the line people will probably think you're weird, maybe, but it's up to whether or not you can accept/embrace that.

And, if people actually take an interest in what you're interested in, you may be able to introduce some new people into the fandom, and get more to talk about with those around you related to MLP. Sometimes all it takes is a cool dude who's perfectly chill with liking something abnormal to convince people to give it a chance.

Of course, a subtle/dignified way of seeking already-bronies I feel would be wearing designs or making references that aren't gonna be picked up on by 'outsiders.'

I personally would be willing to wear awesome mlp-inspired designs, if nothing else. It's kinda visable, without being blunt.

Example: http://www.welovefine.com/7472-mythical-twilight.html#.UyXlM02wV6Q

Don't be afraid if they try throwing insults or laughing, the best way to combat that is to ignore it and don't let it get to you. A true friend never tries to make others feel bad or laugh at them.

Don't worry man, u have to be strong, i was in your situation long time ago, trust me.

There will be always people who laught at u just for things u like, but it's important that u don't care about them or what they say.

But if u really get depressed or sad about getting bullied, then it's better to hide, take some time to think about your life, and thinks how to be strong about these kind of things :)

Go watch english versions on youtube.

This wasn't the point that I wanted your helps, also of course I am watching English version ^^

Thank you for all of your answers. There sure are friends that would understand and not make fun of me, at least not in a rude way. But there sure are some thoughtless rude people too. I think I won't say it to anyone for some more times. I'm planning to declare it whenever I'm ready to handle each and every humiliation that may come. Thank you again.

Don't worry man, u have to be strong, i was in your situation long time ago, trust me.

There will be always people who laught at u just for things u like, but it's important that u don't care about them or what they say.

But if u really get depressed or sad about getting bullied, then it's better to hide, take some time to think about your life, and thinks how to be strong about these kind of things :)

I choosed that nick because I am just like Pinkie Pie, I do my best to be happy and I don't get sad easily and I don't worry so much about what the others think about me, so I know for sure that I won't get depressed as you said never ever. Regardless that I don't care so much about what they think about me, I just don't want them to laugh at me just because of my tastes.